GOYB snippets? (Do Not post Download Links!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow! this is definitely not Vertigo 2. it's fresh!

I totally agree. And I was one of the people openly a bit worried about it being Vertigo 2. I take all that back!

I know it's crazy to make such a statement after only listening to a 20 sec clip from one song out of the whole album but... my gut feeling is that I am hearing U2 yet it's a totally different thing... wow... My previous 'new U2' experience have all been post Pop (since I became a fan in 1997), and I honestly never got that feeling before (ATYCLB, HTDAAB, and the other songs).

I can't believe how different this is to the Beach Clip 3.

If this is any indication, the rest of them might have substantially changed too...

I can't get the "" download to work? It comes up as a html document not a mp3. Can someone send to me... pkudlak@gmail.com or tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.

I can't believe how different this is to the Beach Clip 3.

If this is any indication, the rest of them might have substantially changed too...

True, but I'm wondering if this is mostly due to the poor quality of BC 3. I'm pretty sure this version is slower, and there are also some differences in the lyrics I think, but the main reason why this sounds so different and fresh is the production and subtelties in the music, rythm, arrangements, none of which we can clearly hear from the Beach Clips.

That radio station and your recording sound fantastic....thank you! Fanning doesn't come in nearly that well on my computer. If we don't get the official Itunes one available tomorrow...please distribute a similar recording from that station. This is going to be fun...

HOLY shit fucking amazing! But dang Bono's voice sounds so different then usual!! Diff a new direction! To all those who compared this to Vertigo... TAKE THAT this is at all unlike vertigo!!

But unfair to say that when we were judging on 23 seconds of muffled recording!

But unfair to say that when we were judging on 23 seconds of muffled recording!

True I agree thats why I don't get how people can judge a song based on shitty recording or even just on title alone :hmm: But this is awesome. I think its the new "fly" of the 2000's era for U2 I think some people will be like WTF is this at first listen esp casual fans!

sounds huge, big fat distorted electro feel to it...
i dunno what to make of it, which makes me happy - that's how i want to feel about this album for a while...

I actually think the lyrics are

Future needs a big kiss
Winds blow with a twist
Never seen a move like this
Can you see it too?
Night is falling everywhere
Rockets hit the funfair
Satan loves a bomb scare
But it won't scare you

Sexy boots
Get on your boots (yeah)

I think it's closer to Vertigo than most want to admit. For me, the playful verses and nature of what we've heard, Bono's voice, the speed, the central riff, all point to this song being a Vertigo/Zoo Station/Discotheque hybrid.

From what i heard on this clip it may be better than i expected. I like how Bono is trying to be smooth on this rather than just sort of rap it. It definitely has a lot of soul to it. They are trying something different with the drums. Need to hear the whole thing, now. :up:

At least we can tell the drums don't sound like shit by this HQ clip.

I messaged the guy... If he has the actual audio file... :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom