GOYB snippets? (Do Not post Download Links!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People who think this is nothing new or innovative have a problem with there ears or with there memory and probably both. The clip kicks ass!! The music is coming from all directions and guitar riff is a killer.:rockon:

i've never heard that guitar sound from Edge. so that would be new.

Or this type of drumming from Larry. Or Bono's way of signing so smoothly. Or Adam playing such a danceable groove.

I'm definately not one to claim something sounds different or innovative from U2 just because I want it to. But I can't see how you can listen to that clip and think this is just like any of their other songs! (despite that fact that there are similarities with some). Of course it's still U2, and it's a catchy electro/rock/pop song. But from what we can hear it seems to be a damn good one!

People need to remember that U2 are not going to go so "innovative" that pop music and rock 'n roll will be completely abandoned. From what listeners of the new album say is that it's glittering shiny pop music.

Hmm I remember the band commenting that "Beautiful Day" was their attempt to compete with Britney Spears. This new song, hmm, this sounds like it was written by Britney Spears, especially the "sexy boots (boo boo), get on your boots" part. :laugh:

Sad to report Im not too impressed with this so far.

I don't like it!

It sounds too rappy to me. Every time that Bono hangs out with rappers, i get a sick feeling in my stomach. This clip gives me that same sick feeling.

The good news: I had the same feeling about the Vertigo clips and ended up loving Vertigo.

Listen closely to the drums/percussion there is a lot more going on than meets the ear.

:up: like someone said before, there are some Bjork type of sounds in there...
but I'll wait for a clear (and full) version before I'll say anything else... I don't want to look like a fool in the future :cute:

Ive slowed the clip down a lot, you can hear all the layers that way. Sounds fucking trippy.

Hmm I remember the band commenting that "Beautiful Day" was their attempt to compete with Britney Spears. This new song, hmm, this sounds like it was written by Britney Spears, especially the "sexy boots, get on your boots" part. :laugh:

Sad to report Im not too impressed with this so far.

The '90's U2 fans will beg to differ. :wink:

I didn't expect all U2 fans to go along with the dancey trancey sound.

It has a touch of discotheque, salome and vertigo all in one.

More fast cars than Vertigo I think. It sounds pretty good and I am excited because it doesn't sound like anything from the last record(european version)! which off course is a HUGH improvement so big thumbs up:up::up::up:

The '90's U2 fans will beg to differ. :wink:

I didn't expect all U2 fans to go along with the dancey trancey sound.

Hey! Im a huge 90's U2 fan lol. Achtung is the supreme album of my universe. Im just not hearing it, other than dance elements. But I'll wait till tomorrow to pass judgement.

yeah, we heard you the first five times,
I'm afraid (read: happy to see) you're in minority here, and repeating yourself wont change that :wink:

you might hear me a few more times

sometimes being in the minority is nice, I was probably in the minority of people who didn't like Bomb when it came out either

Hey! Im a huge 90's U2 fan lol. Achtung is the supreme album of my universe. Im just not hearing it, other than dance elements. But I'll wait till tomorrow to pass judgement.

When I first heard the U2.com clip of Larry drumming this song you could hear the riff in the background and I hoped that the song would turn dancey and groovy like Mysterious Ways. Then I heard the beach clip and it had a more vertigo EBTTRT sound which was okay but I was always holding hope for a more dancey sound which I felt they haven't done in a while so you can tell I'm pretty happy they kept the dance elements. I'm sure not the entire album will be this way. The Unknown Caller beach clip is closer to an awesome Pink Floyd song. Breathe has multiple incarnations including violin so I feel there are some big surprises for even those who've listened to the beach clips.

:up: you're right, it's nice to be in the minority still liking Bomb after 4+ years

haha. yep. i like bomb a good bit too... hoping i like this album even more though. has a vibe that we might be getting a masterpiece given everything that's come out about the album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom