Gillard Street, Burwood, Victoria, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see everybody's favourite Liberal racist, Wilson Tuckey, looks set to lose his seat ... only to a National challenger, but still, can't be as bad as he was.

Funny that a Nat and a Lib ran against each other ...

Apparently I'm planning on staying up to 6am or later. Thanks, Helsinki and your timezone.

So... Finland is good for vodka (is it Finlandia, in fact?), not so good for time zones?

Rox got home @ 5am after staying with her sister for the birth of her first child... And continued packing. She voted below the line on NO SLEEP, and didn't even mess it up like I did.

I see everybody's favourite Liberal racist, Wilson Tuckey, looks set to lose his seat ... only to a National challenger, but still, can't be as bad as he was.

Funny that a Nat and a Lib ran against each other ...

They're only beating themselves!

Goddamn! Boothby aaaalmost came through for us. :sigh:

Southcott. :(

Rugby time!

CARN THE ALL BLACKS! Let's have one good result tonight, at least.

Alison, how did you mess it up? :hmm:

Got confused and wrote a bunch of the same numbers twice, panicked, and scribbled over it before I realised I was allowed to over-write the numbers, as long they were legible. Oh, for an eraser...
:reject:

Seeya, b.e.g.! :wave:

Maybe I should sleep too, I have been in bed for an hour, and the raspberry is unhappy. I've gone through three battery bars today...!

Got confused and wrote a bunch of the same numbers twice, panicked, and scribbled over it before I realised I was allowed to over-write the numbers, as long they were legible. Oh, for an eraser...
:reject:

Seeya, b.e.g.! :wave:

Maybe I should sleep too, I have been in bed for an hour, and the raspberry is unhappy. I've gone through three battery bars today...!

Shit, oops! Did you manage to fix it up well enoguh in the end??

Night BEG, hope you and all of us wake up to a non-Abbott government. :wave:

Alison, you can request a new form if you fuck it up ...

NZ got first blood but then South Africa pegged it back. 3-3 with 10 minutes gone. It's at altitude in South Africa, so that plays into their hands. Will be interesting to see how this game goes.

Shit, oops! Did you manage to fix it up well enoguh in the end??

Alison, you can request a new form if you fuck it up ...

That is what I did, although the AEC "official" needed to consult four other people to work out exactly HOW to give me another one. And I probably could have saved the first one if I hadn't lost my head. I was worried it would be invalid if it wasn't perfect first time.

Next time I'm printing my ticket out ahead of time!

Night Vlad and Alison! :wave:

16-14 to the Springboks at half-time ...

Oh my god. Oh my god.

With three minutes to go, I was despairing. All Blacks were down 22-17 to South Africa and showing no signs of being able to actually deliver the goods and score all the tries they kept having opportunities to score.

Then McCaw leveled the scores at 22-all. Carter missed the conversion.

Then Israel Dagg scored a fucking amazing try, Carter converted after the eighty minutes was up, and WE WON 29-22.

Holy fucking shit. I thought I'd sat through a depressing, tedious, poor rugby game, the worst New Zealand's played all year, for nothing; an added insult on top of the dire Aussie election result. And then the last few minutes made it all worth it.

The Tri-Nations is now definitely ours. We can't be caught on the table by any means. :fuckyeah!:

Page 2... :tsk:

Glad the All Blacks managed to salvage the game/your night, Ax!

News says a hung parliament is likely, but it could take a week to find out for sure...!
Better than a straight-out Coalition win, but both major parties should take a warning... This is what happens when you give us NOTHING to choose between.

News also said the ALP had a 5% swing against them nationally, but the Greens picked up most of it, & the flappicus party only picked up 1%. (Although even that is baffling.)

Well, this could be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom