Gillard Street, Burwood, Victoria, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do sincerely apologise, I'm just bitter about these things. I've never known a married couple to be happy together, so it's hard to say. (either divorced or hating each other's guts, but staying together "for the children".) I do wish you nothing but the best, and I do mean that.

Its okay Liam. Truely, as I said I sort of understand where the rest of you guys are coming from.

Yeah, Daniel, don't let the rest of us cranky bastards get you down. I spend a good portion of the morning looking at wedding dresses I'll never afford, or likely wear.

Well I kinda feel bad, because I was committed to muse. Do you think you would be able to offload them easily to someone else?

Even more worse is; I have paid for them yet :evil:

Haven't, presumably...? :wink: </nitpick>

The GA for the second night will be much easier to offload, if you're absolutely sure you don't want to go... the shit seat might be harder but I'll ask around and see what I can do.

And I hate not having home/proper internet now of all times... Ticket buying may have to happen at work. :slant:

Oh shit, of course, and Charlotte and I will be in Sydney that day (or at least at 9am we will be!).

We're going to do Melbourne, and unfortunately New Zealand looks like it's a no-go. May consider Perth as it looks like getting two shows ...

So much of jealous right now. Aviv Geffen is going to open for U2 in Athens in a couple of weeks.

Yes, as in Aviv Geffen, Israeli superstar in his own country but better known in the English-speaking world as one half of Blackfield. The other half being Steven Wilson. If he performs any Blackfield songs ... well, why can't he have been opening in Melbourne!

Well, at least I got to legitimately mention Porcupine Tree on U2gigs, something I never thought would happen.

Haven't, presumably...? :wink: </nitpick>

The GA for the second night will be much easier to offload, if you're absolutely sure you don't want to go... the shit seat might be harder but I'll ask around and see what I can do.

Sorry blame the iPhone's predictive text. Of you can't I'll give you some monies or something, I still feel lousy.

Settling in with a physics lecture from Professor Brian Cox. Tonight's lesson: friction.

Oh shit, of course, and Charlotte and I will be in Sydney that day (or at least at 9am we will be!).

We're going to do Melbourne, and unfortunately New Zealand looks like it's a no-go. May consider Perth as it looks like getting two shows ...

Argh! Stoopid Sydney. :fist:

*hides from PR*

So much of jealous right now. Aviv Geffen is going to open for U2 in Athens in a couple of weeks.

Yes, as in Aviv Geffen, Israeli superstar in his own country but better known in the English-speaking world as one half of Blackfield. The other half being Steven Wilson. If he performs any Blackfield songs ... well, why can't he have been opening in Melbourne!

Well, at least I got to legitimately mention Porcupine Tree on U2gigs, something I never thought would happen.

Wow. That is quite awesome. :up:

Sorry blame the iPhone's predictive text. Of you can't I'll give you some monies or something, I still feel lousy.

Don't feel lousy, seriously! :hug: Someone else may be quite happy to get the ticket(s). And I have heaps of time to find a buyer, so no stress, Mister!

At least this isn't like the time I went mad and bought like 10 tickets to the midnight opening screening of U23D, and could only get rid of five or something. :reject:

That was a joke. Not a very good one I guess.

No, it was a very good joke... but it went straight over my head. I R 2 dum 4 fizziks jokes. :der:

Belated lolz!

*gone*

:reject: I'll refrain from the physics jokes.

I really can't decide between astrophysics, specifically studying the nature of time at the quantum level, and planetary sciences, specializing in the planets of our outer solar system, the gas giants and their cousins the exoplanets, the hot Jupiters outside our own solar system. I know pursuing a double doctorate is mad and likely one of the more expensive routes of suicide, but I want to know everything I can about both. And I have so many questions about how everything works and why.

Am now thinking about Melb/Bris/Perth... I must be mad too.

I think Danny is thinking Melb/Syd/Bris. I was thinking the same. Would prefer to travel with a couple of others, thus keeping costs down a little bit. I might have free accom in Sydney yet, but not sure.

Fuck u2.com is confusing. Msg from one of the mods.

If you used both your codes, you do NOT get a new one, if you used only one code, it depends on when you joined, if you joined us for the 2010-2011 susbcriber year, you only got one code, and renewing does not get you a new code.

This is what my account info page shows:

44876869.jpg

OK, so I'm just checking the electoral nomination process, and to stand for the Senate, you must provide a deposit of $1,000. You only get it back if you are elected, or if you get at least 4% of the first preference vote (to put this in context, last time I checked, nobody outside the three major parties got over 4% in VIC - yes, I think it's fair to say the Greens are now a third major party).

The reason I checked this is because of Glenn Shea, who stood as an ungrouped candidate in VIC and made absolutely NO information available. On the AEC website, his official candidate info gave his employment as "Koori youth worker", but no contact details (unlike every other candidate), and Googling produced almost no information, except a couple of news articles about a play he wrote (or somebody with the same name, who knows!), and a board game he created (or again, somebody with the same name). Nobody could find anything definitive on him. He appeared to release no information whatsoever.

Why on earth would you go and blow $1,000 and not even try to encourage somebody to vote for you? Last time I checked the AEC, he received the staggering total of 165 first preference votes statewide.

Argh! Stoopid Sydney. :fist:

*hides from PR*

:sad: . . . i know it's shiny and vaccuous and a little bit conceited but I lovez me my sydernee :D . . . some of us know how to have fun :wink:

Am now thinking about Melb/Bris/Perth... I must be mad too.

:shifty: :hi5:

Fuck u2.com is confusing. Msg from one of the mods.

oh this . . . nightmare . . . your code should turn up on your page within 48 hours . . . mine disappeared a few times between the US leg being postponed and reannounced :doh:

Bono/U2 will be on the 7pm project on CH10.

:cute: . . . and larry was predictably sour faced . . . love it

< I posted in the right thread *patsselfonhead*

:)

I managed to miss this 7PM Project interview ... ah well, not too sad about forgetting to watch Channel 10.

:lol: . . . my kids reminded me :heart: . . . reasonably nothing piece of television . . . except for the fact that THEY ARE REALLY COMING :hyper: and lots of lovely pleban fodder which is never a bad thing . . . :wink:

/end of excitement for the evening . . . back to helping 11 year old boys with fractions and history project :happydance::|

:wave:

Back
Top Bottom