Get On Your Boots (Punk Version)? - Confirmed: 2 Bonus Tracks on NLOTH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chrissybaby

Refugee
Now the bonus video track on NLOTH on iTunes UK.

And the second version of NLOTH (song) is called NLOTH - 2, and is now a video?!

Mods delete if mentioned in another thread...

:eyebrow: Interesting.

Hopefully it's a worthwhile alternate version/remix...

wondered if the leaked video is now called the Punk version... And the official mainstream video is something different. Or maybe it's a different version of the song...

Oh, and they've changed the Corbijn fim to "Linear" now. We knew the title anyway but it looks like they are still in the process of updating...

The Punk version of GOYB does sound interesting, maybe it's even faster?! :hyper:

same for frensh itunes: No line on the horizon 2 and GOYB punk version.....hum just alternate version...i remember the groud beneeth and fast cars!

Now the bonus video track on NLOTH on iTunes UK.

And the second version of NLOTH (song) is called NLOTH - 2, and is now a video?!

Mods delete if mentioned in another thread...

:up::up::up::up:

great news, I didn't like the idea of NLOTH "2" being called (I mean officialy)"alt. version/mix" :barf:

...but NLOTH - 2 is very good idea :up:

BTW... "punk version" :drool:

:up::up::up::up:

great news, I didn't like the idea of NLOTH "2" being called (I mean officialy)"alt. version/mix" :barf:

...but NLOTH - 2 is very good idea :up:

BTW... "punk version" :drool:

But NLOTH 2 is like Coldplay's Life in Technicolour 1 and 2. God U2 how original :wink:

But NLOTH 2 is like Coldplay's Life in Technicolour 1 and 2. God U2 how original :wink:

...riiight... it would be even better if they called it NLOTH (part2) but I guess if the two versions have the same lyrics it's not possible (?)
Arcade Fire for example had 4 parts (versions?) of Neighborhood, but those really were different songs
NLOTH to start the album and NLOTH 2 to end it is good enough :up::up::up: :hyper:

I hope different regions have different bonus tracks and videos because let's face it, one way or another we will get them all.... But then again i'm not some avid completist.

Are we thinking that the Punk version will be just a different video, or a different song. Surely if it were a different video it would just say "Alternative Video"...

Maybe it's like the banjo version of Vertigo.... :hmm:

Personally I reckon "punk version" refers to the video, not the song. U2 have often had more than one version of their clips.

Would you class the leaked video a "punk" version (compared to say a live performance video, buffalos falling off a cliff or a guy riding a motorbike through Tripoli)?

But, given the single tracklisting had 2 versions of GOYB, it's possible the "punk version" is a remix and it's the b-side on the CD.

But, given the single tracklisting had 2 versions of GOYB, it's possible the "punk version" is a remix and it's the b-side on the CD.

Good point! Maybe that's the reason for the 2nd version on the single?!

Seems to me though that they hadn't really decided on tracklistings before they released the formats to vendors...

It's also possible it's one of those enhanced CD singles and the second boots listed is just the video.

and life in technicolour 1 and 2 are like u2's boomeraing I and II, one with words, one without. god, coldplay... how original.

Thats a little anal IMO. Music evolves, it doesn't come from nowhere. And just because one aspect of what they are doing (making an instrumental and a non instrumental-- which I can assure you has been done by people before U2) has been done before doesn't mean that the songs are bad.

i wish people would realize that all musicians borrow to some extent, and some more than others. it's really not a big deal.

Hey, my one of my fav bands is one of the biggest borrowers out there....

I've no problem with that, I believe it's a decent way to create music as long as you're not borrowing too much.

Hey, keep me in mind when all this stuff comes out. :D I'm not buying from iTunes, but would be much obliged to get all of the iTunes-only bonuses! :wink:

Amazon.com has a download of GOYB that runs 5:23 here:
Amazon.com: u2 boots: MP3 Downloads

I'm too cheap to download it even at 79 cents since I already got it from itunes. Is it possible this is an alternate version of the song, or just a misprint of the track time?

Amazon.com has a download of GOYB that runs 5:23 here:
Amazon.com: u2 boots: MP3 Downloads

I'm too cheap to download it even at 79 cents since I already got it from itunes. Is it possible this is an alternate version of the song, or just a misprint of the track time?

I believe this is just a misprint. Someone here bought it and it was just the same Boots that we have already.

Back
Top Bottom