geocities pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
Sorry if this has been asked here before (I searched, but couldn't find anything on it), but does anyone know why you can't post pics from geocities and similar sites? Thanks!

------------------
"There's a danger in every story and every smile" - South

Geocities is the root of evil. It used to be the most reliable free-hosting site, but since it started it's "paid accounts" system, it's become total crap.

In order to force Geocities users to buy their "optional" paid accounts, the people behind Geocities gradually restricted free accounts more and more. It began with off-site linking, and then one by one, more features began to be available for paid accounts only.

If I was to fork over $20 to geocities.com, linking pictures from my site would work fine. Since I don't want to buy a paid account, I don't get linking graphics, I get annoying ads, I can't FTP upload... It goes on and on.

Sorry I was so angry about that. I got into an angry-rant mood. It's just, since Geocities, I haven't been able to find a good, free, webhosting site... I think I'm going to have to buy my own domain eventually. Hope that explained your question, it couldn't have been too detailed. I think the whole no-offsite linking applies to the major free-hosting things you were implying in your question, too (ie: angelfire, lycos).

------------------
i'm too busy to see you
you're too busy to wait

[This message has been edited by FlyGirl (edited 05-07-2002).]

Ick...That sucks for the people who want a free account...But I have to say that I really like their paid accounts. U2Baby.com is through Geocities and it's great. I get to view site stats and everything!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

mad.gif
geocities has never let their pics be posed here
mad.gif
Neither will tripod or angelfire so don't bother. Sadly, Yahoo used to but now will make your pic disappear after a day or two
frown.gif

------------------
I've seen his baby blue eyes in the freeze frame so many times I feel like I'm his very best friend~~~~

Back
Top Bottom