general ticketmaster sales: online vs line-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
since i missed the boat on u2 pre-sales.. does anyone know what the best bet is for getting tickets through tm in general..
the on-sale is tomorrow.. and i've heard taht you generally have a better chance in an actual line-up but no clue...

No way. The people that work there basically do the same thing as you would do on a computer, except I don tthink they have to wait in line. So basically unless you are 1st, your chances are very slim, because by the time you get to the front, all the tickets are being 'held' online.

Definitely don't go in person. Waste of time, especially if they do a lottery of the line and you're stuck at the back when you could be hammering in your details online.

Hi!

I tried Tampa Ticketmaster at the crack of dawn, got a ticket and at checkout the meltdown occured and when I went back into the site......there were no tickets left............what does Ticketmaster care....they have a monopoly on the market and then who does know where some of their tickets go?

But I did manage to get Kenny Chesney presale today in Tampa...I was checked in and out in less than a few minutes and great seats at a great price. I was lucky though cause Kenny's tickets sell out quickly too......and I get to wear my Tim McGraw hat after all.

Good luck to you though, I'll keep my fingers crossed so you can get U2 tickets.

carol
wizard2c

:|

Ticketmaster knows who is buying the tickets through presales and Musictoday.com . There are scalpers that do Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw and Toby Keith presales through their fan clubs. Ticketmaster doesn't care. Tickets can never be distributed fairly. Why can't it be first come first serve pay before you enter the arena. Thats the best way to defeat scalping.

Super_Fan said:
Ticketmaster knows who is buying the tickets through presales and Musictoday.com . There are scalpers that do Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw and Toby Keith presales through their fan clubs. Ticketmaster doesn't care. Tickets can never be distributed fairly. Why can't it be first come first serve pay before you enter the arena. Thats the best way to defeat scalping.

not fun for the people out of town, though.
there really is probably no good way to do tickets that leaves everyone happy.

Although the prop system was completely awesome for those who knew about it.

Back
Top Bottom