General sale: what did you get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

General sale: what did you get?

• GAs

Votes: 46 33.8%
  • Good seats

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Average seats

Votes: 17 12.5%
  • Crappy seats

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Nothing

Votes: 43 31.6%

• Total voters

oceane

Refugee
Let's see what are the numbers and trends for the general sale. I didn`t include whether people had gotten tickets for more than one show, however, so don't vote more than once even if you got tix for more than one show. But this should give us an idea.

It would be nice for the mods to put this on top in the General Tour Discussions board, so everyone can see it and participate.

Nothing for any UK dates.

Only managed to get tickets in the pre-sale for a show i didnt really want to go too as its a bit far, but im grateful I managed to get anything at all as at lest I can trade with other fans.

Couldnt get online or phone at all on the general sale!

Sicy said:
We already have a general sale ticket thread stuck up top.

Its not a poll trying to figure out who got tickets and who didn't.

I think STING just wants an official "I got screwed" thread stickied up top.

We needed four so GA wasn't an option. We got completely shut out of the first Philly show, and just got in by the skin of our teeth to the show on the 22nd. Section 219, two levels up behind the stage, I ask you?!?!?!

Two other friends were trying at the same time as I was, and came up completely empty-handed.

They're going to be trying for MSG, but I can't imagine they'll have any better luck there.

Last edited:
arsenalfan said:
We needed four so GA wasn't an option. We got completely shut out of the first Philly show, and just got in by the skin of our teeth to the show on the 22nd. Section 219, two levels up behind the stage, I ask you?!?!?!

Too bad you didn't get those tickets for Philly I, arsenal! We would have been in the same section!

I don't think the seats will be THAT bad though.

it seems to be, at least my experience, that if you don't do 2 best available, you may get nothing, because there is no time to go back and do it again, then you'll get the red screen saying no tickets available. The only time I was able to go back and still get something was by doing 1 ticket only. I am reading people did 2 GA and they came up with that, but for a lot of us all we got was the red no tickets screen, and then when you have to go back and start over, there's nothing.

What does everybody recommend for tomorrow, trying for GA's only, or 2 best available?

Keep in mind, not everyone was after the coveted GA tickets...I sure wasn't. I was simply after best available $49 tickets...and got 'em. Unless I have it wrong, GA tickets work IF you're willing to stand in that day-long line before the arena doors open. So, this poll really doesn't take into account the people who didn't get GA tickets...but didn't want 'em anyway.

bonoed said:
it seems to be, at least my experience, that if you don't do 2 best available, you may get nothing, because there is no time to go back and do it again, then you'll get the red screen saying no tickets available. The only time I was able to go back and still get something was by doing 1 ticket only. I am reading people did 2 GA and they came up with that, but for a lot of us all we got was the red no tickets screen, and then when you have to go back and start over, there's nothing.

What does everybody recommend for tomorrow, trying for GA's only, or 2 best available?

Again, depends on what you want...but from my experience, if the GAs are gone and you have to reload, the only tickets available (if any) will probably be the $180 tickets.

I wish this poll would stay at the top, so more people see it and vote. So I'm going to keep talking to myself to keep it visible.

I'm one of the 5 that picked "Good Seats". Well, you can change my vote to "Average Seats" after I took a closer look at the seating charts again. Anyway, just happy I got seats. But might keep trying for better.

I GOT TICKETS FOR SAN JOSE SHOW.. APRIL 10TH SUNDAY NIGHT. THEY ADDED 1 MORE SHOW TO THE STOPS. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! SEE YOU AT THE SHOW!

NHChris said:
Keep in mind, not everyone was after the coveted GA tickets...I sure wasn't. I was simply after best available $49 tickets...and got 'em.

Me neither. I wanted 50 dollar seats and I got 'em. To two shows in a row. :D :D :D

Crappy seats are cheaper and are still seats!
To not go simply because you can't get GA is a bit ridiculous.

Let's try this again, how did people do for California and NJ/NYC?

Please don't vote more than once even if you got tix for more than one show.

martha said:

Me neither. I wanted 50 dollar seats and I got 'em. To two shows in a row. :D :D :D

Crappy seats are cheaper and are still seats!
To not go simply because you can't get GA is a bit ridiculous.

I got a GA for MSG and am wondering if I'm the only one in the world who got one. I should go out and play the lottery or ask Jessica Alba to marry me or something. Anyone else out there get one? I literally keep checking the "My account" screen at ticketmaster.com every 10 minutes just to make sure that the order is still there....

it does appear that most people either got GAs or got nothing...

which to me means that people tried for GAs first... those who got them got them, those who didn't got nothing, and by the time they tried to look up any ticket in the house, they were all gone, too.

i went for GAs at MSG and anything at the meadowlands (had three ticketmaster windows open)... i got something at the meadowlands, got dick at MSG... shoulda done it the other way around :shrug: oh well... i'll be going, that's all that matters.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom