General Sale - Friday March 20th - All Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, I understand, but I'm reading stories about people who did get tix cancelled last time around. Like you, I didn't and got about five sets of tix on the last tour with no cancellations. However, to be fair, it seems alot more organised this time around so it may just be worth getting tix transferred.

FWIW, the same thing happened to me on Vertigo 2006 with Ticketmaster Mexico. Bought more than four tickets on my cc, got the confirmation emails, etc, but then got another email a few days later saying my second order was cancelled.

Not sure why TM would cancel orders from different UK shows, though, that's b.s.

The smaller queues were obviously due to more people realising queueing overnight gives them little/no advantage over booking online

The smaller queues were obviously due to more people realising queueing overnight gives them little/no advantage over booking online

I know, can someone please tell me the point of queuing? Unless they keep a certain amount of tickets that can only be bought in person, it seems obvious to me that the internet is the way to go. GAs typically sell out in about 3 minutes, that's basically the time it takes for one person to go through the process in person :huh:

I know, can someone please tell me the point of queuing? Unless they keep a certain amount of tickets that can only be bought in person, it seems obvious to me that the internet is the way to go. GAs typically sell out in about 3 minutes, that's basically the time it takes for one person to go through the process in person :huh:

What has me baffled is that in Poland and Italy, tickets went on sale online and via phone at 12:01am, but not at outlets until 9am and 10am respectively. I'm guessing there must have been tickets reserved for outlets in those cases, otherwise what's even the point? Only the worst seats are left at that point, if you're lucky! Sure as hell no GAs.

with all this talk of cancelling tickets. Do TM inform you first or just cancel them?

TM customer services have just told me that tix get cancelled if you buy over 6 per household.

I've just transferred my Wembley seats to another card/billing address (cheers to my nephew for that) so now I know I'm safe.

Just gotta swap my 10 spare Cardiff GA's for other shows now (thanks to other non U2 fan friends for getting me those!)

What has me baffled is that in Poland and Italy, tickets went on sale online and via phone at 12:01am, but not at outlets until 9am and 10am respectively. I'm guessing there must have been tickets reserved for outlets in those cases, otherwise what's even the point? Only the worst seats are left at that point, if you're lucky! Sure as hell no GAs.

There are certainly quotas for outlets, otherwise it wouldn't make much sense.

And I think the article is crap. The guy makes it seems as if U2 are failing on attracting people to see their concerts, just because there weren't large queues. If you experienced what has been going on with the tickets purchases over websites and how quickly they were sold out, it's clear that there is no decline. Of course the last tickets to go are the most expensive seats, but as far as I see they have also been sold out in most of these shows.

If I were alone and needed a ticket, I'd also go for the expensive seats on one or two shows, it's worth the money and better than not having a ticket at all.

Well I officially give up on Wembley 2 going on sale today (only cos I have to go work though :shifty:)

I'm enclined to agree!

I really hope there is a Wembley 2, as the London dates are the only gigs I can make on this tour.

Plus the missus can't get the day off for Wembley1

Btw, u2tour.de is announcing that a second Paris show has been added. Is it on sale already? Or am I late and it's sold out already? :wink:

i don't think that they won't put another wembley on sale until the first ones £150 seats have all gone.

that is difficult to predict as we don't know how many £150 tix there are...

10,000 ?

TM customer services have just told me that tix get cancelled if you buy over 6 per household.

I've just transferred my Wembley seats to another card/billing address (cheers to my nephew for that) so now I know I'm safe.

Just gotta swap my 10 spare Cardiff GA's for other shows now (thanks to other non U2 fan friends for getting me those!)

Did they tell you clearly this is also true for different shows, different cities, different countries? That all shows using ticketmaster.co.uk go together?

I managed to get General Access tickets for Dublin, so excited. But it says I have seats and has allocated seat numbers in the standing area.

I read somewhere that some people would randomly getting seating in GA, I presume this is a good thing, does it mean I'll be closer. Or have they just used the seating numbers in the ticketing system to allocate space.

Sorry if thats' confusing, I am just confused

I managed to get General Access tickets for Dublin, so excited. But it say there are seats and has allocated seat numbers.

I read somewhere that some people would randomly getting seating in GA, I presume this is a good thing, does it mean I'll be closer. Or have they just used the seating system to allocated space.

Sorry if thats' confusing, I am just confused

Every GA concert I have ever attended has allocated "seats" on the order. Like you say, they've just used the seating system to allocate space.

Did they tell you clearly this is also true for different shows, different cities, different countries? That all shows using ticketmaster.co.uk go together?

Ticket Master is a global concern. If you have an account it doesn't matter if you are buying tix for shows in US/Europe/UK etc, it all goes on the same account.

The guy told me that my Wembley seats would have been cancelled as I'd already got 6 Cardiff GA's.

I'd advise anyone who has bought more than 6 tickets for any show to get them divided up onto other cards/billing addresses...just to be safe. You don't wanna get to 2 weeks before the shows and have your tix cancelled. Sure, they may not pick up on everyone but if it's you it'd be a total bummer.

I tried 4 different times to order 1 Glasgow standing ticket on seetickets.com ... and after I put in all my info, it said to call them to "check on availability" ... I called (overseas) 15 minutes ago and the guy said there were none left! Why do you think that keeps happening?? :angry:

For those of you who can't get Ticketnet.fr to work, you can see Paris II listed on Ticketnet.be - but you can't buy anything yet.

Ticket Master is a global concern. If you have an account it doesn't matter if you are buying tix for shows in US/Europe/UK etc, it all goes on the same account.

I doubt it. I buy tickets all the time for multiple shows by the same artist, and never have them cancelled (except the U2 Mexico show).

Here is the TM statement on the Wembley order page:

"Please note: There is a ticket limit of 4 tickets per person and per credit card on this event"

"This event" refers to that single U2 show, I assume, not all U2 shows in the UK and Ireland.

Also per TM:

"Q: Is there a ticket limit?

A: For this event there is a strict ticket limit per card, per household, this can vary dependant on the venue. Details of the ticket limit will be specified when selecting the number of tickets required at the beginning of the booking process.

Any bookings exceeding the ticket limit may have the excess tickets cancelled without notification."

Back
Top Bottom