GA's without U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Millennium

Acrobat
I've seen a few posts that kinda hint at what I'm going to bring up so I thought I'd go ahead and post. It's clear that the easiest way to score GA tickets for U2 is to sign up for U2.com and get them through the presale. I would like to get GA's for a show next year, but I have a few concerns though.

If I sign up for U2.com now, I'll be a Magnificent member and I'm assuming there is a chance that the GA's will be gone before I get a chance to access the presale. If that happens, there are really only two options left:

1) I somehow manage to get them through the public onsale. Has anyone here been able to get them this way? I'm sure it's pretty though....

2) Ticket resale through Stub Hub, Tickets Now, etc. I understand that I'll be paying above face value by going this route and I'd be willing to pay $100-$200 for GA's. I didn't really pay attention to resale prices prior to the current shows, so are there GA tickets available in this range, or should I expect to pretty much have to pay over $200 to get GA's through resale?

Thanks for any help! :D

If these were arena shows we're talking about here, I'd say sign up for U2.com, but I don't think anyone needs to to score GA tickets. If you're savvy and quick with TM you should be able to get them during the public sales. Don't get me wrong....joining U2.com will probably make it easier and less stressful, but I tried a few times during the general sale for the first NA leg and had no problems pulling GA's even though I had got them already through U2.com. If you know the TM drill of being logged in at 10am and can cruise through the order screens I like your odds ;)

As for the secondary market....this is just the cheap bastard in me, but I'd never pay more than face. Part of the hype that drives up scalper prices is during these onsales that are many months before the shows. 99.9% of the time they'll release more tickets at one point or another, as they did in most price levels for just about every show this tour. Plus, you've been around these parts a while - there are always good peeps here with plans that change and therefore need to dump their tickets. I sold some extra GA's here for this tour with no issues. With effort and patience, you WILL get your tickets one way or another, and I'd hate to see anyone here pay more than they need to.

Another thing I've done for a few other concerts/comedy shows - check the scalper sites - you'll likely notice that most of them are part of the same network, as their inventory/prices are often similiar. I've waited until 1-2 days before the show, and the prices usually drop to face or below. This has enabled me to score great seats(email tickets) a few times. I'm not suggesting that U2 shows will be this way, but it could help you for another event.

good luck!

although i've never gone this route, i do plan on trying to score some Chicago GA's here at Blue Crack. it seems like there are always tickets being sold here (at face value).

although i've never gone this route, i do plan on trying to score some Chicago GA's here at Blue Crack. it seems like there are always tickets being sold here (at face value).

I totally agree. I've bought and sold tickets on interference for either GA's or really great seats at face value for the last 2 tours. I just told my friend tonight that if she can't buy tickets this week for next summer then don't worry because she'll be able to find tickets through here all the way up to the show. Interferencers are awesome at hooking other fans up with tickets! :yes:

I totally agree. I've bought and sold tickets on interference for either GA's or really great seats at face value for the last 2 tours. I just told my friend tonight that if she can't buy tickets this week for next summer then don't worry because she'll be able to find tickets through here all the way up to the show. Interferencers are awesome at hooking other fans up with tickets! :yes:

:up:

i just can't justify spending more money this year on Chicago tickets. i was one of the many layoff victims this year. while we're surviving financially (my wife has a good job and unemployment actually pays well), i still can't justify spending more money right now when i'm sitting at home, lol.

:up:

i just can't justify spending more money this year on Chicago tickets. i was one of the many layoff victims this year. while we're surviving financially (my wife has a good job and unemployment actually pays well), i still can't justify spending more money right now when i'm sitting at home, lol.

I just got laid off on Saturday, the same day I got back from the Vegas show :| But.....I already renewed my U2.com membershp so I don't want that to go to waste. Plus GA's are cheap and in my budget right now. But I totally understand not wanting to get tickets right now. I'm sure I could use that money for something else but I can completely manage on unemployment and my last few checks. Pluse I'm in an industry that's a revolving door (I'm a pastry chef) so I don't expect I'll be out of work too long! Good luck to you with your job search....and ticket hunt in a few months!

I just got laid off on Saturday, the same day I got back from the Vegas show :| But.....I already renewed my U2.com membershp so I don't want that to go to waste. Plus GA's are cheap and in my budget right now. But I totally understand not wanting to get tickets right now. I'm sure I could use that money for something else but I can completely manage on unemployment and my last few checks. Pluse I'm in an industry that's a revolving door (I'm a pastry chef) so I don't expect I'll be out of work too long! Good luck to you with your job search....and ticket hunt in a few months!

good luck to you too. unfortunately, i was a middle manager for the newspaper industry. a lot of middle management has been cut over the last year, but it seems like things are coming around. i'm being picky at the moment. :)

i was one of the many layoff victims this year. while we're surviving financially (my wife has a good job and unemployment actually pays well), i still can't justify spending more money right now when i'm sitting at home, lol.

no shit, ditto

i've been actively looking since my layoff in january. no commute and no daycare fees helps a lot. daddy daycare to the rescue.

i too was middle management in a processor company that starts with the letter A.

I've made plenty of great/smooth transactions on here, and that's likely how I'll be getting all my tickets in 2010, I can't justify charging the money that far in advance after these past few months.

It is possible to get them during the General sale, I got four Frankfurt GA's smoothly. It really depends on the site though, the Brussels site was pretty shitty, crashing a lot and such. Needless to say I failed to get my GA's there(though having to go to work probably didn't help there).

Interference is also a good source. :up: Most posters are quite reliable and won't rip you off as the only way to sell your tickets here is face + shipping.

First of all I want to say that I'm sorry to hear so many of you are going through tough times involving work. I graduated in May and still haven't been able to find a job for my major, but I can't even imagine how hard it must be to have a job and then lose it.

Also, thanks for the input. I think I'm gonna go ahead and skip signing up for U2.com. It just doesn't seem worth it. Another thing to remember is there are still a minimum of eight months until these concerts even begin and that's just if you're going to one in June. I'll be keeping an eye of on Interference to see what pops up!

no shit, ditto

i've been actively looking since my layoff in january. no commute and no daycare fees helps a lot. daddy daycare to the rescue.

i too was middle management in a processor company that starts with the letter A.

right? we should start our own day care, haha!

best thing is how my former employer delivered the news:

"we're giving you a great opportunity to spend more time with your newborn."

let's just say that i did not have a very friendly response to that statement.

^ omg

well, for me, i went for coffee and came back and saw my boss in the hallway pointing to a well known HR-booked room. they gave me 6 months severance.

my boss was let go in august.

keep in mind if you get a subscription, you get a coupon that you can use for the shirt and whatever else you'll probably get anyway and the cd. i saw on the bay the cd was selling for up to 30 at one point. that said i haven't decided if i'll renew or not

GA's have been readily available for every show so far, except the Rose Bowl, either here or the Facebook ticket group. I've generally had good luck on Ticketmaster during the general onsales seeking only 1 ticket. Plus GA's have dropped the day of every single show... So if you can handle going to a city without a ticket in hand, you can probably score one at face value either from someone in the GA line or the box office.

I don't have a U2.com membership (heh, just typed membershit by accident :giggle: ) and can't afford it. Probably won't be able to afford the Seattle tickets when they actually go on sale but I do have faith that I WILL score a GA for the show, here or somehow, in the months between now and next June. The boys cannot come to my back yard without me being there, it just doesn't work like that, does it? :heart:

Have never been a U2.com member - and have had GA's for Vertigo Honolulu, 360 OK and Phoenix - got all on TM - no worries -

Have also sold extra tickets at face value (My Indecisive Son is the reason!) to great folks here twice.

GA's are typically going on StubHub for around twice face value... which isn't bad considering they routinely went for 5x face value on the last two tours. (obviously it helps to have far more GA tickets available for each show this time around.)

For what it's worth, I pulled down 2 GA's for the Rose Bowl last leg. So it is possible.

Never subbed to u2.com... and never had a problem getting GA's. Even in the arena shows. Just be hitting F5 when the bell tolls and you'll be fine.

I got Raleigh and Charlottesville GAs through the general TM onsale. Admittedly, those are smaller cities - so demand was probably a bit lower. Overall though, there are so many GAs in stadiums that it seems to be pretty easy to get them if you're on Ticketmaster the moment they go on sale.

best thing is how my former employer delivered the news:

"we're giving you a great opportunity to spend more time with your newborn."

let's just say that i did not have a very friendly response to that statement.

That's pretty lame. :down:

My boss said to me on Sat night when she called "are you home or are you still in Vegas....oh good you're home....I didn't want to talk to you if you were still in Vegas....sorry to do this to you over the phone BUT........" :|

:shifty: :reject: Sorry...carry on with the original topic. I'm just really angry right now....

My boss said to me on Sat night when she called "are you home or are you still in Vegas....oh good you're home....I didn't want to talk to you if you were still in Vegas....sorry to do this to you over the phone BUT........" :|

:shifty: :reject: Sorry...carry on with the original topic. I'm just really angry right now....

Sounds like your boss might been jealous about you being at show..... hope u find work soon.....

No worries, getting shafted sucks. We feel your pain (esp those of us who've gone through it).

I had a presale code last time and got zero GAs in the presale (Chicago 9-12). I got my GAs the next day in the general sale. :huh: :) :shrug:

I got laid off last March cause the company I worked for (an airline company) went under. We did ramp work for our major airlines. It didn't 100% go under, one airline pulled out. I brought up safety concerns to the other three airlines after I got laid off (lots of safety concerns) and soon after the other three dropped their contracts as well. The company wanted to stop my unemployment so I fought them in court and won. They learned you don't mess with me lol. But, just the same, I saw five shows this year. I plan on at least two next summer. I am getting some good money with my concerts and music, plus I am starting a job at Sunday River.

SMB

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom