Frostproof, Florida Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate it when I read the entire list of unusual deaths on Wikipedia at midnight. And watching Bud Dwyer's suicide.

Ah, desensitisation. But they are only flat pictures. Maybe I'll hire Network tomorrow.

oh that is creepy

It's even creepier if you're listening to haunting music

It's even creepier when you're listening to no music. :( I mean, it's amusing when you're reading the ones from antiquity and the middle ages, because those are like people getting run over by elephants and getting spears shoved up their arses. But then you get the 20th century... well... I had no idea robots have been killing people for so long! Oh and this one about a couple that went missing in the Great Barrier Reef because of a faulty headcount on the tour boat- I went to the Great Barrier Reef just months afterward and had no idea something like that happened!

At least the most recent Achewood's pretty good.

It's even creepier when you're listening to no music. :( I mean, it's amusing when you're reading the ones from antiquity and the middle ages, because those are like people getting run over by elephants and getting spears shoved up their arses. But then you get the 20th century... well... I had no idea robots have been killing people for so long! Oh and this one about a couple that went missing in the Great Barrier Reef because of a faulty headcount on the tour boat- I went to the Great Barrier Reef just months afterward and had no idea something like that happened!

At least the most recent Achewood's pretty good.

Are those the people they made the movie Open Water about? (worst movie ever btw)

Ohh I'm behind *goes to catch up*

Are those the people they made the movie Open Water about? (worst movie ever btw)

Ohh I'm behind *goes to catch up*

Oh yeah, it totally was. Nice work.

Hmm, I think I was a day behind. I don't check it religiously like I used to. I hate to do the cliche, but I much prefer the earlier stuff. Guess everyone does, though.

Oh yeah, it totally was. Nice work.

Hmm, I think I was a day behind. I don't check it religiously like I used to. I hate to do the cliche, but I much prefer the earlier stuff. Guess everyone does, though.

I remember terrible movies well :wink:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I keep hoping for another epic plot line, but I kinda feel like Beef and Molly getting married might've been a good time to end it :uhoh:

My sig, well. Axver asked me what the story behind my user name was, or if it was just bono and some numbers. I told him it was just bono and 212 because they're next to each other on the keyboard, and I didn't feel like using 121. But then I also mentioned that there had once been a thread asking what the story behind our usernames were, and I told them the same thing, but then I was like, "If you want me to make up a story though, how about this, 212* (farenheit) is the temperature at which water boils. And bono is HOTT :wink:" well anyways, after I told Axver that, we had a laugh and moved on. Chass, however, was quite drunk from a Halloween party, and in the meanwhile she photoshopped the pic on the left, which is Bono in a boiling pot of water

I remember terrible movies well :wink:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I keep hoping for another epic plot line, but I kinda feel like Beef and Molly getting married might've been a good time to end it :uhoh:

My sig, well. Axver asked me what the story behind my user name was, or if it was just bono and some numbers. I told him it was just bono and 212 because they're next to each other on the keyboard, and I didn't feel like using 121. But then I also mentioned that there had once been a thread asking what the story behind our usernames were, and I told them the same thing, but then I was like, "If you want me to make up a story though, how about this, 212* (farenheit) is the temperature at which water boils. And bono is HOTT :wink:" well anyways, after I told Axver that, we had a laugh and moved on. Chass, however, was quite drunk from a Halloween party, and in the meanwhile she photoshopped the pic on the left, which is Bono in a boiling pot of water

I remember terrible movies better than I remember good ones, unfortunately. :(

Yeah, I don't know - I love it, but right now it's just excessive. I haven't paid for that premium thing with the hundreds of updates, but I don't think it's even worth it the way the strips are right now. Onstad should steadily go back to the more simplistic layouts and gags that made it the best from 04-05. Right now he's using ideas that would be, as far as I'm concerned, better left in another medium. Still, other than the Perry Bible Fellowship it's the only major comic online I can think of that's actually written by someone with any talent (I'm sure I'll regret saying this in a couple of seconds, but most of them suck).

Oh, so it's a recent photoshop? It's a beauty! It's even a picture from 1986 or thereabouts. Huzzah!

I remember terrible movies better than I remember good ones, unfortunately. :(

Yeah, I don't know - I love it, but right now it's just excessive. I haven't paid for that premium thing with the hundreds of updates, but I don't think it's even worth it the way the strips are right now. Onstad should steadily go back to the more simplistic layouts and gags that made it the best from 04-05. Right now he's using ideas that would be, as far as I'm concerned, better left in another medium. Still, other than the Perry Bible Fellowship it's the only major comic online I can think of that's actually written by someone with any talent (I'm sure I'll regret saying this in a couple of seconds, but most of them suck).

Oh, so it's a recent photoshop? It's a beauty! It's even a picture from 1986 or thereabouts. Huzzah!

Oh God, I know.

I think he could easily get back into a groove again, something just needs to click into place. Right now I think he's really too distracted with this tour he's on. Kinda mailing it in. And isn't the PBF no longer being updated? :sad:

Oh I know! And I love how seriuosy he is in the picture :lmao:

Oh God, I know.

I think he could easily get back into a groove again, something just needs to click into place. Right now I think he's really too distracted with this tour he's on. Kinda mailing it in. And isn't the PBF no longer being updated? :sad:

Oh I know! And I love how seriuosy he is in the picture :lmao:

Yeah, it could be that, but I think the comic's been on a decline for at least the last year. As for the PBF, I think it still gets updated occasionally, but it certainly hasn't for a while. The last one on the official site is still this one:

PBF247-Catch_Phrase.jpg

(which is excellent)

But that's been up for a few months now, I thought. Shame, it used to get updated every week.

Yeah yeah, it's great! All serious about being cooked in the gruel variation of chili con carne. :love:

Yeah, it could be that, but I think the comic's been on a decline for at least the last year. As for the PBF, I think it still gets updated occasionally, but it certainly hasn't for a while. The last one on the official site is still this one:

PBF247-Catch_Phrase.jpg

(which is excellent)

But that's been up for a few months now, I thought. Shame, it used to get updated every week.

Yeah yeah, it's great! All serious about being cooked in the gruel variation of chili con carne. :love:

Yeah that's the last one I'd read, but this quote is what I was talking about:

About The PBF

The Perry Bible Fellowship is drawn by Nicholas Gurewitch.

It was once produced on a weekly basis for newspapers such as the UK Guardian, the Ottawa Express, and the Baltimore City Paper. As of Feburary 2008, Nicholas has taken a break from it to pursue other things. There is no official update schedule currently.

This was the 80s bono who was all Sirius aboot da Moozik!

Yeah that's the last one I'd read, but this quote is what I was talking about:

About The PBF

The Perry Bible Fellowship is drawn by Nicholas Gurewitch.

It was once produced on a weekly basis for newspapers such as the UK Guardian, the Ottawa Express, and the Baltimore City Paper. As of Feburary 2008, Nicholas has taken a break from it to pursue other things. There is no official update schedule currently.

This was the 80s bono who was all Sirius aboot da Moozik!

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. :( I mean, it's just on the side there, but I obviously wasn't paying attention.

He's a great talent though, I actually sent one or two of my drawings to him back when I was 14 or so, I guess pretty early days for the PBF. I think he liked them considering my age. :happy:

Sirius about da moozik, whiskey and getting angry about heroin (and being cooked).

Fuck, I get up early to photograph trains and it's cloudy.

Fuck.

Time for dull, poorly lit shots. :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom