Friday, September 29, 2023 - MSG Sphere - Las Vegas, NV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes I’m also down for Friday after!
What are ya’ll doing about GA? I don’t think I’m “young” enough to line up at an ungodly hour and I’d like to sleep on my vacation a bit. I’ve looked through the other thread and I don’t see a lot of us lining up. Maybe I’ll throw my question into the other thread too and see the consensus. My husband will be voting against any lining up of any sort.

Rock up at 8am get whatever wristband is available, come back at the 5:30 mark or whatever, is what I'm thinking. That's the officially sanctioned way, and doesn't involve any real lining up. I'd like to see how it 'pans out' lol

My partner isn't super keen to be doing any significant lining up in the hot Vegas sun and come to think of it neither am I :lol:

I'm good for meeting up. I'll preface this by saying I've got a shit ton that I'm trying to get done over these few days and zero idea how I'm going to actually do it.

I'm probably going to do the Blondie's happy hour Thursday, and go to the Sand Dollar for a little while Thursday night... at least as long as I can stand being so close to El Cortez and not get the itch to go play blackjack.

Friday who knows. I also have a good friend from high school who is a local that I need to find time for Thursday or Friday. So, uh, yea. Sleep when I'm dead I suppose.

Thursday we’re going to the outlet mall (Canadian girl Disneyland) right after we drop off our stuff at the hotel. So we might hit up Blondie’s after because the happy hour sounds great and we wouldn’t mind a bit of Thursday Night Football. I will keep you posted.

Sombreros then

I'm good for meeting somewhere Thursday for a drink, I'll be the guy in a sombrero

I'm kinda favouring later Thursday as well.. heading out to Grand Canyon with some friends I haven't seen in a while but will be back in the night.

And I won't have my toque..

:wink:

high of 76 degrees on Saturday, low of 52, I'm gonna be freezing my balls off

Sombreros then

I'm good for meeting somewhere Thursday for a drink, I'll be the guy in a sombrero

sombrero-feat-uproxx.jpg

If y'all are still out and about "late" (past midnight) Thursday, I could come say hi, but anyone interested in something Friday or Saturday lmk.

Rock up at 8am get whatever wristband is available, come back at the 5:30 mark or whatever, is what I'm thinking. That's the officially sanctioned way, and doesn't involve any real lining up. I'd like to see how it 'pans out' lol

My partner isn't super keen to be doing any significant lining up in the hot Vegas sun and come to think of it neither am I :lol:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I want to line up at 8 am and my husband is down for it, kind of.

I’m so nervous for this heat guys. I’m not used to it. It’s been like 20*c for the last month. I’m going to die.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I want to line up at 8 am and my husband is down for it, kind of.

I’m so nervous for this heat guys. I’m not used to it. It’s been like 20*c for the last month. I’m going to die.
It's honestly not that bad.

Wednesday is 97, Thursday 95, Friday 89, Saturday 77... which is downright chilly.

I've been to Vegas when it's been in the low 100s and while, yes, it's hot as fuck and feels like the proverbial hair dryer in your face (pun intended) - there's no humidity. Wednesday's humidity is forecasted at 11%. It's hot as hell, but you don't sweat. It's weird.

Scratchy throats and nose bleeds are more of an issue because the air is so dry.

To clarify: what they're saying is come at 8am, get your wristband, now fuck off. Come back at 5pm to line up for early entry.

Works for me! Maybe thats when we go gamble :lol:

I’m getting my wristband at noon not 8am. Or 5pm. Or no wristband and walk in. You guys and gals will let me know.

Switching show to Dec was right idea. I like it 50-60 degrees.

nope. i just got back from a week in amsterdam and i'm going to london in two weeks.

i have neither the time, money, or desire to fly out to vegas any time soon.

honestly even without the other trips going on, i doubt i'd be going to any of these shows. all the video clips i've seen of the inside of the sphere have me pretty convinced i'd feel nauseous after a song or two. i don't think i'd enjoy the sensory overload, though i also realize it probably won't be as bad in person as it looks on video.

i hope you guys all enjoy the trip and the show though. it's cool that U2 fans get to be the first fanbase ever to experience this new kind of concert.

^ Thanks Dave :hug:

To clarify: what they're saying is come at 8am, get your wristband, now fuck off. Come back at 5pm to line up for early entry.

Works for me! Maybe thats when we go gamble :lol:

I think we’ll do the same actually! So maybe we meet in line? Haha would that just piss people off, like we’re cutting. Maybe I want to piss people off? :hmm:
Edit: Also I’m very oblivious to the Facebook group, I have no idea what it is so maybe I’ll just be disappointed in the whole thing.

Weather - That’s true it does cool down for Saturday. I’m a mountain/prairie lady so anything above 25*c (sorry US I ain’t converting for you) is awful. We’re actually now forecasted to get 30-40 cm of snow in the coming weeks so I better shut up and enjoy.

Last edited:
^ Thanks Dave :hug:

I think we’ll do the same actually! So maybe we meet in line? Haha would that just piss people off, like we’re cutting. Maybe I want to piss people off? :hmm:

Weather - That’s true it does cool down for Saturday. I’m a mountain/prairie lady so anything above 25*c (sorry US I ain’t converting for you) is awful. We’re actually now forecasted to get 30-40 cm of snow in the coming weeks so I better shut up and enjoy.

Absolutely we should say hello in line (or whenever!)

Good grief. Snow??? Help me.

We're have a show in Edmonton Nov 3rd. Anywhere near you?

Boo! I’m in YYC! And you guys haven’t been back in a while I’m pretty sure? I’m now following you guys so next time you’re in town I’m coming!

Also any corporate lurkers I read the thing about line cutting I won’t do it, please don’t hurt me! I’m just a baby :reject:

I made it. Staying at Harrah's. Headache you said there's a good happy hour downtown tonight?

Back
Top Bottom