Friday, September 29, 2023 - MSG Sphere - Las Vegas, NV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're doing GA back to back? Don't want one of the nights from seats for a different perspective?

The way I figure... if the screen is 16k in resolution like they claimed, there will be zero distortion. If I stand by the back, I'll be able to see the band and screen without issue.

I highly highly doubt they're putting anything on the upper reaches of the screen that won't also be on the screen below (also why the overhang outrage is so dumb).

So, yea, I'm good.

I'm conflicted

Nothing wrong with either choice, IMO. I’ve typically been band-focused but have enjoyed the occasional seats I had on 360, IE, EI that let me take in the performances in the full context of the production.

If the rumors on stage height are true, this could be more like JT30 where you’re better off further back on the floor anyway. The screen experience in GA for that tour was great; this will be even better and more enveloping due to size and resolution.

If you’re doing 2 shows in a weekend, the good news is you’ve got both options at the same price point.

The way I figure... if the screen is 16k in resolution like they claimed, there will be zero distortion. If I stand by the back, I'll be able to see the band and screen without issue.

I highly highly doubt they're putting anything on the upper reaches of the screen that won't also be on the screen below (also why the overhang outrage is so dumb).

So, yea, I'm good.

Disagree on this issue. The venue is a singular opportunity to transport the audience to an entirely immersive experience that is unlike anything else that has ever been done before. I think they’re going to go for it. Sure, there’ll be the usual images of the band on the screen, but i think they’ve been working on this long enough that they are going to want to go new places with it.

My first thought of sphere was “walking on the moon” by the police and the song opens with the entire audience sitting on the moon. Or, imagine ‘vertigo’ and you are in the middle of a tamed-down version of the music video (so that 18k people aren’t throwing up on each other all at once). If you can’t ‘go big, go home’, right?? :love:

If the stage is 360-high, I will definitely reconsider going for the front. I could only see them when they came to the front of the stage on that tour if I stood up there. The front of the back GA--outside the catwalk--was best (for me).

Disagree on this issue. The venue is a singular opportunity to transport the audience to an entirely immersive experience that is unlike anything else that has ever been done before. I think they’re going to go for it. Sure, there’ll be the usual images of the band on the screen, but i think they’ve been working on this long enough that they are going to want to go new places with it.

My first thought of sphere was “walking on the moon” by the police and the song opens with the entire audience sitting on the moon. Or, imagine ‘vertigo’ and you are in the middle of a tamed-down version of the music video (so that 18k people aren’t throwing up on each other all at once). If you can’t ‘go big, go home’, right?? :love:
Oh I don't doubt that they're going to "go for it" from a visual standpoint.

I just don't think they're going to have something playing that you're going to be completely cut out of if you can't see the top of the screen. I also don't think they'll be using the environmental aspects - the winds and smells and what not. Dolan has already stated that the haptic seating features are returned off in concert mode.

You can still present a concert experience that has never been done before without any of those things.

I do think the visuals will be mind blowing. I just also think that they'll be mine blowing for everyone, and that the idea that some sections will be better than others is a little overrated.

We shall see.

@Chizip did you end up getting Tix to opening night or just Saturday?

I have a ticket I panic bought on seat geek, looking at what pops up as available as apparently you can return to seat geek if you want to get a full credit value to use for a future order. So if I can get something for face value I'll probably do that and return what I bought, but we'll see.

Yes I’m also down for Friday after!
What are ya’ll doing about GA? I don’t think I’m “young” enough to line up at an ungodly hour and I’d like to sleep on my vacation a bit. I’ve looked through the other thread and I don’t see a lot of us lining up. Maybe I’ll throw my question into the other thread too and see the consensus. My husband will be voting against any lining up of any sort.

I'm good for meeting up. I'll preface this by saying I've got a shit ton that I'm trying to get done over these few days and zero idea how I'm going to actually do it.

I'm probably going to do the Blondie's happy hour Thursday, and go to the Sand Dollar for a little while Thursday night... at least as long as I can stand being so close to El Cortez and not get the itch to go play blackjack.

Friday who knows. I also have a good friend from high school who is a local that I need to find time for Thursday or Friday. So, uh, yea. Sleep when I'm dead I suppose.

Thursday we’re going to the outlet mall (Canadian girl Disneyland) right after we drop off our stuff at the hotel. So we might hit up Blondie’s after because the happy hour sounds great and we wouldn’t mind a bit of Thursday Night Football. I will keep you posted.

Thursday we’re going to the outlet mall (Canadian girl Disneyland) right after we drop off our stuff at the hotel.

Is that a thing? That's amazing. I have family from Canada and all they taught me is that they called the bathroom, the washroom.

Sombreros then

I'm good for meeting somewhere Thursday for a drink, I'll be the guy in a sombrero

Back
Top Bottom