Foxboro 2 Set List Party 9/21/09!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice set but I'm shocked that Breathe was not only replaced as opener, but dropped altogether. Not good. I hope they don't start dropping new songs now. :|

Okay 360, we have lift off!

Fucking WOW at your blue room tonight... The space chat integration is finally nailed, it works so well as part of the song.

Magnificent as the opener, obvious choice. Now lets get Breathe opening the encore.

Amazing Grace>Streets, perfect.

Dropping Pride = right move.

BD>YBR = spot on....

I love how they keep working until it "clicks"! Thank you guys!:love:

IMO the show sounds coherent now, it has a proper space theme and YBR is integral to that. Keep it in every show, it's the centre piece (along with UC and UF)....:drool:

just to clarify, this is what bono says at the beginning of cobl:

still looking for the face i had before the world was made

he SAYS it twice...doesn't really sing it

kinda hard to judge the start of the show because there's no intro on the recording i'm listening to

-dan

is it true that the slide solo is back on MW?

and good to see Breathe dropped. imo, it's one of the weaker songs on the new album. maybe they're going to permanently replace it with Fez-Being Born.

I'll probably be putting this bootleg on my iPhone even if it's one-star-quality and recorded from within a large book.

just to clarify, this is what bono says at the beginning of cobl:

still looking for the face i had before the world was made

he SAYS it twice...doesn't really sing it

kinda hard to judge the start of the show because there's no intro on the recording i'm listening to

-dan

so it's at least on his mind, but not in the "i've got Arby's on the brain" type of way yet. we're making progress. :D

is it true that the slide solo is back on MW?

and good to see Breathe dropped. imo, it's one of the weaker songs on the new album. maybe they're going to permanently replace it with Fez-Being Born.

there wasn't an extended solo either night

but he did say "ashley judd, i love you" at 2:40 on the 21st...seriously, who DOESN'T love ashley judd :drool::drool::drool:

judd_300x500.jpg

Ashley-Judd-UK-hockey.jpg

-dan

Did Bono have horns? aka McPhisto? can someone confirm or deny this?

Yes, he got them fro someone in the crowd.

there wasn't an extended solo either night

but he did say "ashley judd, i love you" at 2:40 on the 21st...seriously, who DOESN'T love ashley judd :drool::drool::drool:

judd_300x500.jpg

Ashley-Judd-UK-hockey.jpg

-dan

He mentioned her twice in the show. I think she and Tom Brady were both there

Ashley Judd was there w/ her husband-along with Tom Cruise, Cameron Diaz (they're filming a movie here). I didn't read/hear that Brady was. I was at the soundboard but then I moved to another area in the back when U2 came on so I didn't see any of them. There was already a big crowd in the soundboard thing before they got there but I wish I had gone back to take a look. A guy taking a picture of him told me one of them was Sam Neill the actor. I saw Oedipus from WBCN too, I guess Carter Alan was there as well but I didn't notice him. Ashley Judd is going to school at Harvard, I think to the JFK School.

:wave: Just got back to the hotel from Gillette. Had a drink with Daygloeyes and Bonoishot after the show. Reading back at the beginning of the thread, yes I was in the front row tonight. We got the line going last night, but we couldn't camp out. We had to be off the property by 1am. Secruity let us back on at 8am and we lined up then. Parking was not an issue. They let me park at 7:45am yesterday and today. I ran my butt off to get front rail in front of Bono. I was also front rail between Edge and Bono last night. The show was awesome. Magnificent as an opener rocked and Your Blue Room was gorgeous. Setlist in general was amazing. I couldn't figure out what would be next. Melissa was also pulled up again during UTEOTW. I'm really tired and have to go to bed. I'm driving to the Meadowlands tomorrow.
Laura :hug::hug::hug:

there is a 2nd source available on U2Torrents now...which includes the intro.

I have been trying to register at U2Torrents for a few days now but having absolutely no luck. I can't find a direct email or someone to talk to so I can log in and check out the torrents posted. I really want to grab the shows at Gillette! Does anyone know who I can contact or any other suggestions on how I can login there?

Thanks!

i think the site is restricted to people from your state

/17-14'd

-dan

I have been trying to register at U2Torrents for a few days now but having absolutely no luck. I can't find a direct email or someone to talk to so I can log in and check out the torrents posted. I really want to grab the shows at Gillette! Does anyone know who I can contact or any other suggestions on how I can login there?

Thanks!

It will be on U2Start, which doesn't restrict registration, within the next day or so (albeit in MP3 format).

Did Bono have horns? aka McPhisto? can someone confirm or deny this?

Bono took a girls headband with devil horns and wore it briefly and head butted toward edge he then put it around hid neck and finally threw it back into the crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom