For My Durannies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KhanadaRhodes said:

admit it, you were fine with this thread until someone posted this picture, weren't you:
THEFERKINKITTYSHIRT.jpg

i don't know why it hasn't been moved either. :wink: i'm not a mod here so i can't move it. :D

Well, that is truly disturbing. Is it the pants, with the sausage roll tummy spilling over, or the beautifully coordinated single brown glove, or is it possibly the blatant torture of kittens?
Oh, the humanity!:no:

KhanadaRhodes said:

admit it, you were fine with this thread until someone posted this picture, weren't you:
THEFERKINKITTYSHIRT.jpg

i don't know why it hasn't been moved either. :wink: i'm not a mod here so i can't move it. :D

Woah woah woah woah.... I take FULL responsibility for that Simon monstrosity :wave: :yes:

Sorry, Khanda. I couldn't find any of JT that had that calibur of ridiculousness. :wink:

biff said:
Well, that is truly disturbing. Is it the pants, with the sausage roll tummy spilling over, or the beautifully coordinated single brown glove, or is it possibly the blatant torture of kittens?
Oh, the humanity!:no:
:giggle:

Mrs Adam Clayton said:
Woah woah woah woah.... I take FULL responsibility for that Simon monstrosity :wave: :yes:

Sorry, Khanda. I couldn't find any of JT that had that calibur of ridiculousness. :wink:
that's because john has better fashion sense...wait, no he doesn't. he appeared on snl with the power station in a dress. :no:

KhanadaRhodes said:

that's because john has better fashion sense...wait, no he doesn't. he appeared on snl with the power station in a dress. :no:

Okay. So I've wondered. What is the connection with Duran and The Power Station? I saw they had their lyrics posted on a Duran Duran site and I assumed they were affiliated somehow. Fill in, please?:confused:

Mrs Adam Clayton said:

Okay. So I've wondered. What is the connection with Duran and The Power Station? I saw they had their lyrics posted on a Duran Duran site and I assumed they were affiliated somehow. Fill in, please?:confused:

Power Station was Robert Palmer and John and Andy Taylor.

http://www.onthebox.com/partner/otb/detail.asp?id=539508

00:15 Mon 18th
BBC1
Duran Duran Live at Wembley

Filmed live at Wembley Arena in April 2004, the original line-up of 1980s pop idols Duran Duran return to the stage for their first UK tour together for 18 years. Performing a wide selection of their original songs from over two decades, including Hungry like the Wolf, Planet Earth, Union of the Snake, Come Undone, Is There Something I Should Know, Ordinary World, The Reflex, Save a Prayer, Wild Boys, Girls on Film and Rio

Duration: 65mins

:up:

enajh2 said:
http://www.onthebox.com/partner/otb/detail.asp?id=539508

00:15 Mon 18th
BBC1
Duran Duran Live at Wembley

Filmed live at Wembley Arena in April 2004, the original line-up of 1980s pop idols Duran Duran return to the stage for their first UK tour together for 18 years. Performing a wide selection of their original songs from over two decades, including Hungry like the Wolf, Planet Earth, Union of the Snake, Come Undone, Is There Something I Should Know, Ordinary World, The Reflex, Save a Prayer, Wild Boys, Girls on Film and Rio

Duration: 65mins

:up:
:drool: I wish I got BBC

:wave: hi everyone!

i'm back from my concerts armed with loads of pics (approx. 250!!!). i'm looking through them now and if you guys want i can share them when i get done looking through them and determining the good from the blurry. :D

KhanadaRhodes said:

i'm back from my concerts armed with loads of pics (approx. 250!!!). i'm looking through them now and if you guys want i can share them when i get done looking through them and determining the good from the blurry. :D

:drool: still, lucky . cant wait for the pics.!! :hyper:

KhanadaRhodes said:

Those were awesome!!! :dancing: :rockon: :up:

Thanks for sharing!!

It totally sucks though when you get home to find that all your pictures are blurry. That has happened with U2 and I twice. I wonder how people do it properly?

Shame shame for not liking Bedroom Toys :shame:

Mrs Adam Clayton said:
Those were awesome!!! :dancing: :rockon: :up:

Thanks for sharing!!

It totally sucks though when you get home to find that all your pictures are blurry. That has happened with U2 and I twice. I wonder how people do it properly?

Shame shame for not liking Bedroom Toys :shame:
thanks! :D

yeah i lucked out, i've got some blurry pics but luckily since i took so many, 30 blurry pics out of 120 isn't too bad. i guess people buy super expensive cameras or something. :shrug: i saw some people with some nice cameras. i mean my digital camera's a couple years old, so i've got an excuse. it's got a 2x zoom which isn't too bad. the pics i took in nashville came out great and the memphis ones were good as well although of course it would've been nice if i could've zoomed in more. i saw some people being able to zoom in super close and take close up pics of like just simon's face or something. but i couldn't spend that much money on a camera. :tsk:

i'm working on going through my memphis photos as we speak so the best ones should be up soon! :hyper:

:reject: i know, my mom can't understand why i don't like it. i dunno, i just don't care for the music. :shrug:

KhanadaRhodes said:

thanks! :D

yeah i lucked out, i've got some blurry pics but luckily since i took so many, 30 blurry pics out of 120 isn't too bad. i guess people buy super expensive cameras or something. :shrug: i saw some people with some nice cameras. i mean my digital camera's a couple years old, so i've got an excuse. it's got a 2x zoom which isn't too bad. the pics i took in nashville came out great and the memphis ones were good as well although of course it would've been nice if i could've zoomed in more. i saw some people being able to zoom in super close and take close up pics of like just simon's face or something. but i couldn't spend that much money on a camera. :tsk:

i'm working on going through my memphis photos as we speak so the best ones should be up soon! :hyper:

:reject: i know, my mom can't understand why i don't like it. i dunno, i just don't care for the music. :shrug:

I'd be afraid to take in a big digital camera! I mean, you spend all that money on the damn thing and have the possibility of having it taken away and used and abused by some big security guy named Jo Jo, never to be seen again? I freak out just taking a normal digital camera. My digital is only 7 months old and they're still blurry :shrug:

I did have excellent luck with a good old-fashioned film camera the first time I saw U2. But still. It's the beauty of instantaneously being able to see your pictures. It's tricky though, with the viewfinder. You snap, look, and say "YES! Awesome shot! *insert rockstar here* was totally working my camera for that one!" Only to find when you get home that it looked like you were having an epileptic seizure taking the shot.

I'm sorry for the rambling about digital cameras :reject: :blahblah:

I will be looking forward to round 2!

At least your mom civily discusses Duran Duran with you and doesn't tell you how horrible they are! Bedroom Toys definitely has a different beat to it. Kind of jazzy, I suppose. It's all about the lyrics in that song for me, though.

Mrs Adam Clayton said:
I'd be afraid to take in a big digital camera! I mean, you spend all that money on the damn thing and have the possibility of having it taken away and used and abused by some big security guy named Jo Jo, never to be seen again? I freak out just taking a normal digital camera. My digital is only 7 months old and they're still blurry :shrug:
ahh well yeah that was the thing, i knew both venues didn't have a "no cameras" policy. i know most places that say no cameras still allow them but neither place even said "no cameras" on the tickets! they even poked fun at us cuz we had two cameras (i brought my digital camera and my mom brought her regular film camera). my mom got almost all of her rolls developed today so i need to look through those. :drool:

i definitely wouldn't take my digital camera to a place where i was afraid it'd get confiscated (this is the first time i've brought it to a concert actually) and if it was expensive i don't think i'd bring it at all.

Mrs Adam Clayton said:
I did have excellent luck with a good old-fashioned film camera the first time I saw U2. But still. It's the beauty of instantaneously being able to see your pictures. It's tricky though, with the viewfinder. You snap, look, and say "YES! Awesome shot! *insert rockstar here* was totally working my camera for that one!" Only to find when you get home that it looked like you were having an epileptic seizure taking the shot.
i know! some of these pictures looked fine on my viewfinder and when i got home and put them on my computer and looked at them bigger, it looks like...like i was having a seizure! lol. the one good thing was if i knew it was blurry (i knew if it looked blurry in the viewfinder it'd look awful on my monitor) or if someone's hand magically appeared in front of the band i could just hit delete. that part was nice. i ended up deleting like 50 or 60 photos like that.

Mrs Adam Clayton said:
At least your mom civily discusses Duran Duran with you and doesn't tell you how horrible they are! Bedroom Toys definitely has a different beat to it. Kind of jazzy, I suppose. It's all about the lyrics in that song for me, though.
oh yeah. when she first took me to see them in 2001 she was kinda begrudgingly doing it for me as a graduation present. i was about to graduate high school and they were nearby and it was during spring break. i begged her and told her i'd be fine if it was my graduation present even though it was a couple months early. she finally caved and seeing them live ended up converting her! now she's a fan as well. she's not nearly as hardcore as me (i was playing some of their other albums other than the first three and astronaut, which she's most familiar with) and she was waaaaaay off on the release dates and stuff. i was teasing her about it like "some fan you are!" :)

btw i already posted the pics from memphis. :wink: they're up there somewhere but the direct link to the post is in the first post of the thread. :D

KhanadaRhodes said:

ahh well yeah that was the thing, i knew both venues didn't have a "no cameras" policy. i know most places that say no cameras still allow them but neither place even said "no cameras" on the tickets! they even poked fun at us cuz we had two cameras (i brought my digital camera and my mom brought her regular film camera). my mom got almost all of her rolls developed today so i need to look through those. :drool:

i definitely wouldn't take my digital camera to a place where i was afraid it'd get confiscated (this is the first time i've brought it to a concert actually) and if it was expensive i don't think i'd bring it at all.

i know! some of these pictures looked fine on my viewfinder and when i got home and put them on my computer and looked at them bigger, it looks like...like i was having a seizure! lol. the one good thing was if i knew it was blurry (i knew if it looked blurry in the viewfinder it'd look awful on my monitor) or if someone's hand magically appeared in front of the band i could just hit delete. that part was nice. i ended up deleting like 50 or 60 photos like that.

oh yeah. when she first took me to see them in 2001 she was kinda begrudgingly doing it for me as a graduation present. i was about to graduate high school and they were nearby and it was during spring break. i begged her and told her i'd be fine if it was my graduation present even though it was a couple months early. she finally caved and seeing them live ended up converting her! now she's a fan as well. she's not nearly as hardcore as me (i was playing some of their other albums other than the first three and astronaut, which she's most familiar with) and she was waaaaaay off on the release dates and stuff. i was teasing her about it like "some fan you are!" :)

btw i already posted the pics from memphis. :wink: they're up there somewhere but the direct link to the post is in the first post of the thread. :D

:lol: A graduation present? Wow. I would die :drool:

I take it there is demand for me to stick Wembley 2004 on a DVD?

PAL or NTSC? I can convert it before I author it if you prefer.

(I will however need a bit of time to work out what the songs are to create the menu though :reject: :lol: )

I can send a copy out to someone with a dvd burner and leave it up to you to share it.

Or you can wait for the official release which may or may not be some time away :shrug:

i would love to have the wembley concert (in NTSC format). :drool:

i've not heard any plans on them releasing it commercially but if they did i'd be a good little durannie and go buy the dvd too. :angel:

I'll get onto it tomorrow.

Hopefully I can google the lyrics to identify the tracks! :reject: :D

Can you make copies for others then? It's about 3Gb and I don't know where I can torrent it

enajh2 said:
I'll get onto it tomorrow.

Hopefully I can google the lyrics to identify the tracks! :reject: :D

Can you make copies for others then? It's about 3Gb and I don't know where I can torrent it
:drool: thank you so much!! :hug:

hehe, if you need any help identifying the songs feel free to ask me! :D

i wish i could but i don't have a dvd burner. :reject:

enajh2 said:
I take it there is demand for me to stick Wembley 2004 on a DVD

I can send a copy out to someone with a dvd burner and leave it up to you to share it.

:hyper:

I want a copy, I don't have a burner :scream:

Well, if a Durannie with a burner would like to nominate themselves to start a vine/tree doobry thingy going then please do :)

I can do burn and posts no problem. I just don't have the money to buy any more blanks. (Well, I have some blanks but they're from Smileplease for the ZooTV DVDs when I finish them)

The PAL to NTSC re-encode is going to take 4 hours so it's a good job I can leave my PC running overnight :up:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom