For Cat Lovers Only XVIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
those kittens are awesome

You should brush them every day, but I know I sure as hell dont lol.

im getting better at it, as i come home Oreo greets me at the door and runs and gets up on top of the washer & dryer and meows for me to give him some kitty grass. I can pick a couple of fresh blades for him and brush him while he is eating it, he purrs very loudly so he must like it.

So we've had 2 days and 3 nights so far and things are going great. It's been an adjustment for me as it's been a very long time since I've been around kittens. Once all the drugs wore off, they were pouncy little balls of fur and energy.

We do however have a nice schedule going. I get home, they play and I get to watch in amusement. They will then nap for an hour about 8 on my lap. They play some more and I go to bed.

Salome likes to nap on my chest.
24yqma8.jpg
[/IMG]

MacPhisto likes to nap on my lap.
351ye7l.jpg

They've been eating well and using the litter box consistently, with two that means twice daily scooping. Do any of you use automatic litter boxes or the ones that separate out the urine from feces? Any brand recommendations on keeping the smell down?

The normal rule is one litterbox for each cat, but if that's not feasible I'd switch to crystals litter. I use Fresh Step Crystals. It's more expensive but it lasts a lot longer, and the crystals absorb the urine and lock the odor in, so you just stir it around, and scoop out the poop.

crystalsfoto2.jpg

Oh they are sooo cute :cute: MacPhisto reminds me of my Scarlett when she was tiny and very cheeky! We have two kittens from the same litter and they love it. They entertain each other, snuggle at night, fight like sisters and have a ball. You never have to worry about them being bored when you're out...but they do get a little cheeky. :D

Thanks guys! Yeah, considering they weren't related they have bonded very quickly. They play together and snuggle as well.

Oh and yes, Salome is a ham. She adores the camera. MacPhisto while just as photogenic is harder to take pictures of. Most of the ones I have are of him sleeping.

Salome's stitches are still there and the good news is she isn't licking them much at all.

2j2c8qe.jpg

Thanks guys! Yeah, considering they weren't related they have bonded very quickly. They play together and snuggle as well.

Oh and yes, Salome is a ham. She adores the camera. MacPhisto while just as photogenic is harder to take pictures of. Most of the ones I have are of him sleeping.

Salome's stitches are still there and the good news is she isn't licking them much at all.

2j2c8qe.jpg

Awwwwwww! :cute::love:

My kitty is better than yours.

No, really she is.

Ok...maybe she is...

In any event, she's awesome.

Really...like...awesome.

I told you a few weeks back, she's 15 now.

15...She owns my soul. I can't do anything w/o thinking about her and how my life affects her. No lie.

I'm not complaining, but she knows she owns me...totally.

Outside of that, I don't know.

The gospel truth is...this fucking cat has more sway on me than anything else. Even humans. Is that sad? Yeah...maybe, But fuck it, I love animals. They are better than most people.

Look at my friend's new cat! Have you ever seen anything so gorgeous in all your life? It's so exotic looking!!

d4be41d6.jpg

WANT!!!

Adorable! I love calicos.

She reminds me of the cute Gremlin, Gizmo :cute:

File these photos under the more things change, the more they stay the same -
Little Wally sleepy on my chest
littlewally.jpg

Big Wally sleepy on my chest
bigwally.jpg

Salome loves napping on my chest. Good to know this isn't likely to change anytime soon.

Sheldon loves my lap. Right now, he's passed out and snoring! :cute:

Mom's starting to talk about putting up the Christmas tree. I have been warned that if the cat takes the tree down, it's my ass. I just keep thinking, "Oh, dear. Lots of shiny, dangly things he's going to want to bat at."

I haven't had the courage to put up a Christmas tree in ages.... :lol:

Well, we already use unbreakable ornaments because my brother used to like to pull the tree down. On the other hand, Sheldon's not much of a climber, so I think it'll be okay. We'll see.

Delayed response to a question posed by Trojanchick99 on the previous page:

You asked about automatic litter boxes.

We used automatic litter boxes for Keto for many years. You notice I said "boxes". we had to replace one basically every year. It just seemed like no matter what, after about a year or year and a half, it just breaks down. maybe its the dust and litter finally clogging up the mechanical parts.

So for the past 3 years or so, Keto has been using a regular litter box.

When we were going through the automatic ones, we always bought the Litter Maid brand.

I have noticed over the last few years that the prices on the automatic ones have steadily increased. and for something that breaks down after 1 year, its just not worth the money.

that's just my opinion, of course :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom