For Cat Lovers Only XVIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From someecards:

Person giving away kittens on Craigslist has never heard of kittens.

4dc2d110af0a7.png

:huh::crack::lol:

I'm not going to take a picture of Bowie's litter box, so you're going to just have to take my word on this, but ever since we moved he's been doing the strangest thing. I think it might be because I put down a mat under the box. But now, he pushes ALL of the litter into the front half of the box. And I mean ALL of it. He just now was scraping the last little bits of sand into the front. It's so weird.

And because Travis is a butt head, he just pushed all of the litter into the back of the box. Bowie immediately came back over and started pulling it back into the front. I think my cat may have OCD.

lol. Both of my cats do their own weird thing in the litter box. Zoey pees then makes a huge mound out of the litter to cover it up. It ends up looking like a pyramid when she's done. Yet when she craps she just gets out and runs away and doesnt cover it up. And Saki takes like 5 minutes to 'prepare' the litter before he takes a crap. He has to stand in a spot where there is no litter so he pushes the litter in different directions to make a nice clean spot to stand in.

Phoebe's an "only child" again. She seems relieved. :lol:

Just got off the phone with the vet. I'm told the vet thinks she may need to be on the steroid pills the rest of her life. WTF. Can we at least try to wean her off them as initially promised before you decide it's a life-long commitment to torturing my cat with a pill every other day?

If it turns out to be the case, then I just hope that Phoebe will eventually learn to eat half a pill in a little pill pocket or whatever, because a lifetime of doing the "squeeze jaw while cat resists and looks at you hatefully and drop pill as far down throat as possible while trying not to get bit" routine is really not appealing. For either of us.

:down:

At least it's a cheap medication - I can get 100 pills for barely $20, so at least that's good news.

Phoebe's an "only child" again. She seems relieved. :lol:

Just got off the phone with the vet. I'm told the vet thinks she may need to be on the steroid pills the rest of her life. WTF. Can we at least try to wean her off them as initially promised before you decide it's a life-long commitment to torturing my cat with a pill every other day?

If it turns out to be the case, then I just hope that Phoebe will eventually learn to eat half a pill in a little pill pocket or whatever, because a lifetime of doing the "squeeze jaw while cat resists and looks at you hatefully and drop pill as far down throat as possible while trying not to get bit" routine is really not appealing. For either of us.

:down:

At least it's a cheap medication - I can get 100 pills for barely $20, so at least that's good news.

That sucks :(. What are the pills for? I thought long term steroid treatment had some bad side effects for cats.

They're for the bronchitis, not sure of details. The first time we tried lessening her dose, she started coughing again, but that was weeks ago.

When I first took her in, the vet talked about steroids and talked a good bit about the varying opinions in the field about steroids and the side effects. (That's one of the things I like about this place.)

When I go to pick up the pills, I'm going to let them know I want to find out some more information, whether they can tell me at the desk or if the vet can call me. When she first gave me that information, we didn't know this would be a long-term thing (although I could be remembering incorrectly; she definitely implied that she didn't know how long it would take, as we'd have to work to lower the dosage and see how she did).

Anyway, I'm rambling. I'll definitely be asking the vet more questions. I'm assuming they'll be calling me to check in again in a week or so, now that I'm lowering the dose. Will make sure tomorrow when I stop by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom