For Cat Lovers Only XIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the cats are owned by both of your parents? Arent you going to miss them? :(
for my kitties, tabitha and dolemite are technically mine, but the two of them both totally love sugar and spice, and the feeling is mutual. they treat them like they're their parents. :cute: there's no way we could care for four cats! :lol: i'll miss them like crazy though.

:cute:

it has to be two or the one will be so lonely :shh:

that's fine with me!

So the cats are owned by both of your parents? Arent you going to miss them? :(

my cats are whores, they're everyone's cats.. sam is probably the closest to being mine, although alex is a big fan of me. george is definitely my sisters cat, though. i can't bring any of them with me, given the whole pacific ocean+a significant amount of the united states distance between where i live now and where we'll live soon. if i could bring one, it would be sam. there's also the issue that my cats go outside all the time, and i can't see them liking being cooped up or katie liking the cats to be allowed out.

just going through the pictures on my old phone and i found one of a moderator on interference with my brother's cat

15072009003.jpg

his name is lazarus. no bullshit.

:cute: he was such a cute kitty. and wow, my hair looks so dark in that photo!
i don't know why, but his eyes being slightly crossed just made him even more adorable.

lazarus is also an outdoor kitty, by the way. although my brother's house is similar to mine in being way off the street. frankly, lazarus being allowed outside its more a threat to local wildlife than it is to him.

i don't know why, but his eyes being slightly crossed just made him even more adorable.

lazarus is also an outdoor kitty, by the way. although my brother's house is similar to mine in being way off the street. frankly, lazarus being allowed outside its more a threat to local wildlife than it is to him.
ooh you're right, it does!

i know :grumpy: it's not even a possibility for a cat to safely be an outdoor cat here. the street i live on is a pretty busy one, as it's part of a nice stretch of roads people use to bypass the main road through my part of town. yet that doesn't stop them from driving the kind of speeds they would on the main road. :down:

well great, now i feel like a monster.
ha, i missed this before. you're not a monster! it's just location/personal preferences. like you said, the road where your house is isn't as busy as mine. plus, i just prefer keeping my cats indoor. if i wanted an indoor/outdoor pet, i'd own a dog. plus, i think the whole outdoor pet thing only works when you're in a house. and i know we're definitely not going to have a house next year! :D

Last edited:
well great, now i feel like a monster.

Nah.. if you live in a safe area its not that bad. My personal preference is to just keep them inside. Especially if they have never been outside, they wont know any difference. :D

ha, i missed this before. you're not a monster! it's just location/personal preferences. like you said, the road where your house is isn't as busy as mine. plus, i just prefer keeping my cats indoor. if i wanted an indoor/outdoor pet, i'd own a dog. plus, i think the whole outdoor pet thing only works when you're in a house. and i know we're definitely not going to have a house next year! :D

Nah.. if you live in a safe area its not that bad. My personal preference is to just keep them inside. Especially if they have never been outside, they wont know any difference. :D

exactly to both posts. i can completely see the appeal in keeping cats inside. generally speaking, new zealand is a far safer environment than most other places for letting cats out, because you don't have wolves/foxes/bears/owls/vikings that stroll out of the woods and eat whatever domestic animal that takes their fancy. seriously, wtf.

exactly katie, indoor cat next year because it won't be a house.

exactly to both posts. i can completely see the appeal in keeping cats inside. generally speaking, new zealand is a far safer environment than most other places for letting cats out, because you don't have wolves/foxes/bears/owls/vikings that stroll out of the woods and eat whatever domestic animal that takes their fancy. seriously, wtf.

exactly katie, indoor cat next year because it won't be a house.
tell me about it :crack:

:yippie:

That's definitely true. We would never be able to keep Miep inside, as she's been a stray for the first year of her life. And I'm glad it's not necessary here either! There's loads of gardens nearby, no big roads she'd be tempted to cross and no obvious cat haters. Most of my neighbours have or like cats anyway, so that solves a big problem!

One of my cats is allowed out and one isn't. Ginger lost her patio privileges when she went over the fence. Lucy, on the other hand, is happy just to lay on her mat (I put a rag rug out there for her so she wouldn't get too stinky) or roll in the sun. She likes the fresh air. I have a huge backyard but she never leaves the concrete patio. She never wanders and she always wants to come back in after about twenty minutes or so. Poor Ginger has to watch from the window.

With the provision that I know that every situation/cat/area is different and has its own set of circumstances, I'm very anti-outdoor cat, too.

Early this week, I was driving to the store, and I have to drive across an expressway to get to it (speed limit 80 kph/50 mph). On the way there, I saw this gorgeous black cat walking in the grass, several feet off the road. I think the reason I noticed it is because of the way it was walking, it reminded me of my guys, the way they walk with purpose - kind of trotting along, head and tail up and looking alert. Anyway, I kind of smiled to myself and said aloud (because sometimes I actually do talk to animals I see while driving, ha) "kitty, stay on the grass!" No more than 15 minutes later when I was on my way back...well, you can guess what I saw on the road. :sad: It was the same cat. I don't know why it bothered me so much, but I've been thinking about it all week, the image just won't leave my mind. :( So many cats around here get run over by cars, and while some people blame the drivers, I don't, because I know that when they dart out, sometimes it's just impossible to avoid them. :sigh: I just wish people would take better care of their pets and not treat cats like they're disposable.

Gah. Poor kitty. :sad:

With the provision that I know that every situation/cat/area is different and has its own set of circumstances, I'm very anti-outdoor cat, too.

Early this week, I was driving to the store, and I have to drive across an expressway to get to it (speed limit 80 kph/50 mph). On the way there, I saw this gorgeous black cat walking in the grass, several feet off the road. I think the reason I noticed it is because of the way it was walking, it reminded me of my guys, the way they walk with purpose - kind of trotting along, head and tail up and looking alert. Anyway, I kind of smiled to myself and said aloud (because sometimes I actually do talk to animals I see while driving, ha) "kitty, stay on the grass!" No more than 15 minutes later when I was on my way back...well, you can guess what I saw on the road. :sad: It was the same cat. I don't know why it bothered me so much, but I've been thinking about it all week, the image just won't leave my mind. :( So many cats around here get run over by cars, and while some people blame the drivers, I don't, because I know that when they dart out, sometimes it's just impossible to avoid them. :sigh: I just wish people would take better care of their pets and not treat cats like they're disposable.

Gah. Poor kitty. :sad:

Oh no! Poor kitty indeed :sad:

He's good - he seems to be orally fixated though, he's constantly licking everything - the chair, the couch, the rug, the floor, his brothers, his mother and myself. :crack: I've never seen another cat do this before. He's also not very cuddly so far, we're hoping he'll get more loving after a while.

Phoebe is a little like this. She's only occasionally cuddly, but if I stick myself anywhere within reach, she'll start licking me and will keep doing it until I pull away.

She doesn't lick inanimate objects, though.

My new friend of the male persausion has two cats who are very sweet. I've felt guilty the few times I've been to his place - like I'm going elsewhere to fulfill my cat needs and ignoring poor little Phoebe. :(

He lets his outside in the fenced-in backyard, but it's an enclosed space. They're very cute playing the grass.

Anytime I come across something ... well, dead in the road, I think "don't be a cat, please don't be a cat." 90% of the time, it's a non-pet type of critter and I'm relieved.

I do the SAME thing.

Me, too! Fergus had been a neighborhood stray for a couple of years before we took him in, and he does not go outside now. Occasionally he's at the door like he thinks he wants to go out, but we don't let him.

I'm visiting my aunt in Lexington, KY, this weekend (MrPurrl is playing in the Kentucky State Foosball Tournament; I'm sleeping, going to antique stores, and visiting Aunt Gin.) Anyway, I got to meet her two new kitties today: Daphne and Niles. When I get home, I'll have pictures. I miss Callie and Fergus so much, so it was nice to meet those two. :cute:

Many years ago, my car hit a cat trying to run across a freeway entrance ramp. It was traumatic. :sad: :sad: :sad: he was probably feral, but it was just so :sad:

I wish my mom felt that way, she does not like it that Grady stays inside. When we moved here all that was blocking us from a major highway were some trees. So I didn't feel safe letting her outside.
She likes to sit by the window and stare outside and each time she does it I promptly get reminded that she wants to be outside.

Miep scared the shit out of me last night/this morning. As some of you might know, I had Ax and Alisaura over for a week. They left early yesterday morning so I was just alone with the cat. I went to bed, put my bedroom door nearly closed so the kitty can get in. She was nowhere to be found, probably sleeping upstairs in the attic.
Then I wake up around 2 am and she's friggin' HOWLING. :crack: She usually does that when she's outside to signal she wants to be let in, but I was sure she was inside! She also did it once when she wasn't feeling well(probably fell off something, her back was really touchy but the vet said she didn't have any severe injuries).I go into the hallway, put on the light, and there she is right in front of me on the stairs. :huh: I went to pet her, she purred right away like nothing happened.

Perhaps she thought I left too? Did she do this too when I left for holidays? :reject: I haven't been on holidays in 4 years so there's always been someone home, but before that we've gone on holidays every year.. I never thought she'd be this affected by it! She always seemed fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom