For Cat Lovers Only XIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2po353s.jpg

65o3kp.jpg

ele3pl.jpg

:heart: :cute: :heart:

Hello fellow cat-lovers,

So do you all remember the stray who gave birth in our garage back in September? Well, she just had a new litter again yesterday!

This time we're going to get her fixed but I think there's only a small window in which we can do that (after the kittens are done feeding from her), so grateful for any insight.
None of the cat adoption places in Toronto are taking in any more cats which is why we still have her and we figured we missed the window to have her fixed. sigh

Hello fellow cat-lovers,

So do you all remember the stray who gave birth in our garage back in September? Well, she just had a new litter again yesterday!

This time we're going to get her fixed but I think there's only a small window in which we can do that (after the kittens are done feeding from her), so grateful for any insight.

She can go into heat right after nursing. I'm not sure they don't go in heat before then. Bela went into heat almost immediately after she started moving away from the kittens to nurse. - 6 to 8 weeks.
When I noticed this I encouraged the kittens to eat/drink from their own bowls and got Mommie fixed. :up:

As soon as the kittens are eating and not nursing as much, go ahead and get her fixed. Otherwise you will have another litter to deal with.
It's springtime now, mating season. :love:

She can go into heat right after nursing. I'm not sure they don't go in heat before then. Bela went into heat almost immediately after she started moving away from the kittens to nurse. - 6 to 8 weeks.
When I noticed this I encouraged the kittens to eat/drink from their own bowls and got Mommie fixed. :up:

As soon as the kittens are eating and not nursing as much, go ahead and get her fixed. Otherwise you will have another litter to deal with.
It's springtime now, mating season. :love:

Thanks for this, I think I'll take her in right away as we're 95% sure she ISN'T the mommy, after all, and the cat we thought WAS the daddy for the two litters is more than likely the mommy. We never knew his/her sex because he/she's a stray and never came close but he/she is spending all his/her time near the kittens and actually growled at us as we approached the kittens this morning.

We felt comfortable going near the kittens last time because the mommy used to be a housepet but I think there are different rules for a stray mother and her babies.

And there's no way I can get her fixed - I can't get close enough to her!

Hello fellow cat-lovers,

None of the cat adoption places in Toronto are taking in any more cats which is why we still have her and we figured we missed the window to have her fixed. sigh

omg :crazy: For some reason I thought you got her fixed after she had the last batch of kittens.

She can get pregnant right away again. Can you keep her inside / garaged until they kittens are weaned?

omg :crazy: For some reason I thought you got her fixed after she had the last batch of kittens.

She can get pregnant right away again. Can you keep her inside / garaged until they kittens are weaned?

No, we didn't and when we were going to, we were told the window had closed so she was more than likely already pregnant. But to the best of our knowledge, she never had any babies again. We tried bringing her in but no one is taking in cats in Toronto right now.

But as I said above, she's not even the mother - the cat we thought was the father is, in fact, the mother! (or so we think)

I thought mother cats couldn't get pregnant while nursing? :confused:
They can?

Just thought I'd post some pictures of my cat. My wife got him from the humane society. His ears look the way they do because he lost the tips of them to frostbite.

Anyway....I used some rose petals and took a bunch of pictures to give my wife a laugh.

His name is Cevin (pronounced "seven") ....named after a famous DJ named Cevin Fisher.

n512545446_5833028_5088.jpg

n526191144_1397837_3110.jpg

n526191144_1397836_2258.jpg

I thought mother cats couldn't get pregnant while nursing? :confused:
They can?

Your Cat Is Pregnant? Read these FAQ

7. How soon after giving birth can a cat become pregnant again?

She can get pregnant again anytime - it's not unusual cats come into heat a few days after giving birth. However, it's best to have her spayed not before her kittens have switched to solid food, which should be after eight weeks or so.

Until then, keep the mother cat indoors, and away from any noncastrated tom cat. That's the best way to prevent another litter, apart from spaying.

Well, there's nothing I can do about the stray who just had kitties as we can't get within 5 feet of her but when we return from Cuba we'll get the other cat fixed. I can't bring any of them into the house as my Siamese will seriously attack them.

Mark, you didn't need to go to the Humane Society - we seem to have our very own in our garage!

Thanks Sicy! :up:

Just thought I'd post some pictures of my cat. My wife got him from the humane society. His ears look the way they do because he lost the tips of them to frostbite.

Anyway....I used some rose petals and took a bunch of pictures to give my wife a laugh.

His name is Cevin (pronounced "seven") ....named after a famous DJ named Cevin Fisher.

n526191144_1397837_3110.jpg

n526191144_1397836_2258.jpg

Awwwww . . . Cevin looks so sweet (looks a lot like our Fergus, whom we took in as a neighborhood stray)--and good for you for getting him from the Humane Society. Bless his little heart! :hug:

Cevin is so cute!! :cute: And he's so content. :heart:

All my cats are strays -- I call them my stray babies -- and they all seem to know they are lucky kitties and to revel in their good fortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom