For Cat Lovers Only VIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sicy said:
Patches the cutie :cute:

patchesclosecute.jpg

I took Worf to the vet Thursday for her rabies shot and they had this little kitten to give away that looked just like a mini-patches, except I think it had green eyes. It was so cute :cute:. Worf was yowling as usual for the trip to the vet, so when we got there I held up Worf's carrier so she could see the kitten, trying to distract her. The kitten reached her paw out like she wanted to play with Worf :cute:.

It was odd because my vet usually does not have any kittens available for adoption, but the vet said someone left that kitten at the office and it was there in the morning when they came to open. It has been there a long time, they said :(.

I would have taken it, but Worf does NOT play well with others at all. I hope someone takes it.

kellyahern said:

I took Worf to the vet Thursday for her rabies shot and they had this little kitten to give away that looked just like a mini-patches, except I think it had green eyes. It was so cute :cute:. Worf was yowling as usual for the trip to the vet, so when we got there I held up Worf's carrier so she could see the kitten, trying to distract her. The kitten reached her paw out like she wanted to play with Worf :cute:.

It was odd because my vet usually does not have any kittens available for adoption, but the vet said someone left that kitten at the office and it was there in the morning when they came to open. It has been there a long time, they said :(.

I would have taken it, but Worf does NOT play well with others at all. I hope someone takes it.

I hope someone takes the kitten, too. It's always so sad to see so many cats/kitten available for adoption; we can only hope that they find good forever homes.

And I hope Worf is doing well! :cute:

Infinitum98 said:
Dogs are better!

:wink:

That's what my Heeler says too! :yes:

The cats, however (who out number him), disagree. There are times he gives me the "Mummy, these cats are making my life a living Hell" look. :(

But he'd be lost without at least some cats for him to try to tell what to do. :)

This is a lucky cat!

WEST ORANGE, N.J. - A New Jersey cat may have only eight lives left after it survived a house fire by hiding in the couch.

Firefighters initially thought the feline, who belonged to one of the tenants in the two-story house, had been killed by flames and smoke Saturday night. But after putting out the blaze and surveying the damage, they found the cat wedged into the couch.

"To our amazement, it had survived," Fire Chief Peter Smeraldo told The Star-Ledger of Newark. "They should change that cat's name to Lucky."

No one was injured, and the cat's owner, who was ecstatic to have the animal back, took the cat to stay at a relative's house.

:up:

I keep meaning to pick up one of those stickers from the vet that you put in a front window indicating to emergency folks that there is/are pets in the house. I know that if our house were on fire I'd sure as hell run in for my cat. :yes:

Well, we moved! The cats are cool with their new digs. They aren't really trained on the cat door yet, but I'll get them some treats and work on that. They know they can go through it, but they're all afraid to push it. I was super impressed with how quickly Poshie came around. When it came time to move, we put Marijke in the crate first and Posh took off b/c she knows that means "car". I finally got her, but in the hallway of our building she started scratching the living daylights out of me (and I was wearing a tank top) and got away, ran straight into this other girl's apartment as she was just coming home. It was really funny and luckily Posh was so confused she just stood there in the girl's bedroom. When we got to the new house, she hid behind the washer and then after about three hours, she changed her mind and came out and has been fine ever since. They love having so many more windows. Soon, the landlords are fixing the screens on our porch and once that's done, the cats can be out there as much as they like (right now there's a gaping hole).

The dog minds them and they are good with her except Beckham can be a jerk. He will corner the dog and when she tries to get away, he hisses and spits at her. I've watched the cats run and play and the dog has no interest (in terms of prey drive) in cats. Right now, they all like to lay in a circle a few feet apart and just watch and sniff each other. Marijke is the most brave and will sniff the dog in the face. The dog always backs away first b/c she's sort of skittish and avoids direct eye contact, but hey, I'd rather have a slightly skittish dog than a dog raising its back to my cats! The cats have caused far more trouble by trying to eat the dog food and using the dog's one toy (the only toy she plays with) as their personal punching bag and scratching post. Thank the lord in heaven this dog was raised around house cats.

Liesje said:
Well, we moved! The cats are cool with their new digs. They aren't really trained on the cat door yet, but I'll get them some treats and work on that. They know they can go through it, but they're all afraid to push it. I was super impressed with how quickly Poshie came around. When it came time to move, we put Marijke in the crate first and Posh took off b/c she knows that means "car". I finally got her, but in the hallway of our building she started scratching the living daylights out of me (and I was wearing a tank top) and got away, ran straight into this other girl's apartment as she was just coming home. It was really funny and luckily Posh was so confused she just stood there in the girl's bedroom. When we got to the new house, she hid behind the washer and then after about three hours, she changed her mind and came out and has been fine ever since. They love having so many more windows. Soon, the landlords are fixing the screens on our porch and once that's done, the cats can be out there as much as they like (right now there's a gaping hole).

The dog minds them and they are good with her except Beckham can be a jerk. He will corner the dog and when she tries to get away, he hisses and spits at her. I've watched the cats run and play and the dog has no interest (in terms of prey drive) in cats. Right now, they all like to lay in a circle a few feet apart and just watch and sniff each other. Marijke is the most brave and will sniff the dog in the face. The dog always backs away first b/c she's sort of skittish and avoids direct eye contact, but hey, I'd rather have a slightly skittish dog than a dog raising its back to my cats! The cats have caused far more trouble by trying to eat the dog food and using the dog's one toy (the only toy she plays with) as their personal punching bag and scratching post. Thank the lord in heaven this dog was raised around house cats.

Awwwww . . . little living creatures! They will enjoy their new digs.

I'm glad they've moved well :up:

We're convinced that when we moved 6 years ago it gave Chloe post-traumatic stress disorder...she didn't used to be afraid of anything, and ever since then she is the epitome of a scaredy cat :shrug:

U2democrat said:
I'm glad they've moved well :up:

We're convinced that when we moved 6 years ago it gave Chloe post-traumatic stress disorder...she didn't used to be afraid of anything, and ever since then she is the epitome of a scaredy cat :shrug:

Yeah the main reason I havent even considered moving is because of the cats. I think Zoey would be fine but Saki is already a scaredy cat I think he'd completely freak out. Plus I got the two feral cats outside that I cant just abandon. It really is hard on them changing their whole environment, even if they seem like they adjust quickly.

:hmm:

Chloe hasn't seemed to be eating much lately.

Maybe the diet food is doing its job and keeping her full, I don't know, but its unusual to look in her bowl and see it still with food. She's acting normal and not hungry, so I don't know. We'll keep an eye on how much she eats.

Haha, Marijke has a crush on the cable guy! He came to turn on the cable and program the digital box and while he was waiting on the couch, Marijke just waltzed right up to him, stood on her hind legs and looked at his face while sniffing him all over. Then she gave him the rubs so I called her off (I try to assume that strangers don't like cats).

Poshie has decided that the dog should be followed b/c the dog = treats and food other than cat food!

U2democrat said:
OK, Chloe just coughed up a massive hairball so maybe she'll eat some more...

Poor little kitty. We gotta figure this out already. Is it possible Chloe is eating something in the house that you don't know about. Something that may not be food?

The Otto man was playing with something that was like a party favor or new years party thing which had glittery strips of mylar like strands. I think he ate one of the strands and he was kinda dry heaving for a couple of days till he heaved once and one of those strands was in there. I was wondering if he was sick, but the coughing stopped after that. That's why I asked. :hmm:

Last edited:
She keeps throwing up the little that she's been eating.

I'm hoping its just some hairball lodged in her tummy, so we forced some laxatone down her throat which should help things. But if it's more than just a hairball that means yet another trip to the vet.

If it's not one end it's the other!

Is Chloe overweight by any chance? Or even slightly pleasantly plump. :wink: If so, maybe you can cut the food out entirely for a day or two and see if anything changes.

< Doesn't have a lot of faith in vets for these type of guessing situations. :ohmy:

Poor Chloe! Sounds like she might have a blockage of some sort if she can't keep anything down. Perhaps she's getting hairballs from all the grooming she may have been doing on her hind end?

Beckham seems to be puking hairballs at a much greater frequency. Time to get him to deal with brushing and possibly change his diet...again... It must partially be a gray cat thing b/c his fur is so much thinner, softer, but much more dense than the other two. Marijke has longer hair, but she barely sheds at all. Beckham sheds more than the other two cats (and maybe even the dog) combined. Of the 7 cats I've had in my house in the past few years, his fur is totally different from all of them.

We think it's probably a blockage. The good thing is she's been acting relatively normal despite the fact that she's having trouble keeping food down. We've been getting laxatone in her so hopefully that blockage will be breaking up and she'll be able to eat again.

Liesje said:
Poor Chloe! Sounds like she might have a blockage of some sort if she can't keep anything down. Perhaps she's getting hairballs from all the grooming she may have been doing on her hind end?

Beckham seems to be puking hairballs at a much greater frequency. Time to get him to deal with brushing and possibly change his diet...again... It must partially be a gray cat thing b/c his fur is so much thinner, softer, but much more dense than the other two. Marijke has longer hair, but she barely sheds at all. Beckham sheds more than the other two cats (and maybe even the dog) combined. Of the 7 cats I've had in my house in the past few years, his fur is totally different from all of them.

That could be. Out of my three, Jack has really silky fur, but it is oddly thick. And he sheds by the tons, sometimes I wonder how he isn't bald. :lol: He gets hairballs more frequently, too. I use one of those pet mitt things and he loves it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom