For Cat Lovers Only IX - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that makes no sense. Our Humane Society (not affiliated with HSUS) accepts ALL surrenders, but every surrender is $25, regardless of whether it's an owner-surrender your you found a stray. Most people that are nice enough to pick up a stray will happily pay the $25 since it ensures the cat will be healthy and safe.

Liesje said:
Yeah, that makes no sense. Our Humane Society (not affiliated with HSUS) accepts ALL surrenders, but every surrender is $25, regardless of whether it's an owner-surrender your you found a stray. Most people that are nice enough to pick up a stray will happily pay the $25 since it ensures the cat will be healthy and safe.

That certainly sounds more reasonable to me!

Liesje said:
Does the UK not have nearly as many shelter animals as the US? It seems like they have tight (and often strange) restrictions on adopting. Some shelters around here are so overflowing they will literally give cats away and don't even have time to do proper checks on prospective owners.

There are several independent ones in Norfolk, but I'm not sure about their policies (since we don't have a car and live just up the road from the RSPCA-affiliated shelter, I checked there first). I was flicking through an RSPCA cat owners' guide the other day and it said that cats can be kept indoors, but I think each branch can set its own policies, unfortunately, and the one here is really strict (including before and after home checks). It's good in many ways since I'm sure it weeds out people who haven't put much thought into getting a pet, but I'm really tired of people thinking that I'm cruel to animals because I don't want to let my cat(s) out. I normally don't even mention it to people because when I have, many of them look at me like I've just said that I like to eat kittens or make some comment about how cats need space to roam (strange how the same people wouldn't just let their dogs, rabbits, chickens, etc. run around the neighbourhood on their own...). I don't mind if someone else lets their cats outside, but I wish they would respect my opinions and my reasoning behind wanting an indoor-only cat. I almost caved just so I wouldn't have to spend so much time defending myself (and because my husband has been a bit hard to completely win over to the idea), but I would be just as stressed worrying about my cat if I didn't see him for a few days or worrying about what other people might be feeding him.

I think I'm going to be a very over-protective cat parent... :yikes:

Me too.... a cat matching his description - a ginger and white male cat, wearing a red collar with little sparkles on it was reported knocked down just down the street where he lives today.

I cried when I read his PM. I spoke to him on the phone, he's.... not doing well.

U2democrat said:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

I'm so sad right now I'm seriously tearing up...

Thank you for sharing Babydoll...tell Wayne I am SO sorry for his loss :hug:

RIP Zooropa.

^^^^

<<<speechless & crying :sad:

I've been very upset since I heard. There are no words... and I wont say what I think about his mom out of respect but Wayne please know that we are here for you and I am so so so sorry this happened. It is just not fair.

The unfairness of it all is the thing that gets to me. The fact that Wayne did all he could to ensure a happy healthy life for his kitty....and due to a careless mistake by a family member, the kitty loses his life.

wtf. I'm tearing up and yet unexplainably furious.

meegannie said:

There are several independent ones in Norfolk, but I'm not sure about their policies (since we don't have a car and live just up the road from the RSPCA-affiliated shelter, I checked there first). I was flicking through an RSPCA cat owners' guide the other day and it said that cats can be kept indoors, but I think each branch can set its own policies, unfortunately, and the one here is really strict (including before and after home checks). It's good in many ways since I'm sure it weeds out people who haven't put much thought into getting a pet, but I'm really tired of people thinking that I'm cruel to animals because I don't want to let my cat(s) out. I normally don't even mention it to people because when I have, many of them look at me like I've just said that I like to eat kittens or make some comment about how cats need space to roam (strange how the same people wouldn't just let their dogs, rabbits, chickens, etc. run around the neighbourhood on their own...). I don't mind if someone else lets their cats outside, but I wish they would respect my opinions and my reasoning behind wanting an indoor-only cat. I almost caved just so I wouldn't have to spend so much time defending myself (and because my husband has been a bit hard to completely win over to the idea), but I would be just as stressed worrying about my cat if I didn't see him for a few days or worrying about what other people might be feeding him.

I think I'm going to be a very over-protective cat parent... :yikes:

If you read what's going on here in this thread this is a perfect example of why NOT to let your cats go outside. It absolutely floors me that your rspca would WANT you to let them outside. I think that's pretty ridiculous. Our organizations here where I live make you sign a contract stating that you will NOT let them outside. Cats can live perfectly fine indoors as long as they have plenty of love, cat trees and toys. The average life span of an outdoor cat is 4 years.

How will they know anyway if you let the cat out or not? I would just try checking local papers and ads and adopt one from a family or another type of rescue organization.

i am truly sadden beyond words hearing this awful news BD... :sad:

My :heart: is broken into a billion pieces!!

after all he has done and all the love he gave that lil creature...

LIFE SUCKS SOMETIMES!!

Please tell WT we love him here and are hugging him from all over the world..

Thank you everyone :hug::hug::hug:

Unfortunately I was told earlier this evening that the niegbour and her friends came, and that a cat had been found when they were walking their children to school.

They told my mum that it was a ginger and white male, with a red collar with a bell and sparkled studs.

My mum told me soon after, and she said ''but its ok we'll get another, but we'll talk later I have to goto a concert''.

By then she didnt give me the full details and she went down, when she came back upstairs I yelled at her to comeback and say it agian.
I was shocked and upset at what I heard, but then I realised if she hadn't let him out this woul'nt happen in the first place.

Soon after they went out I pmmed Sicy and Babydoll then switched everything off to be alone.

I went out an hour later to have a look near the school, but I couldnt see anything, an then I went to the nieghbours house but there was no awnser.
And also decided to check my area again just incase.

Because I haven't seen him since the weekend I'm starting to believe it was him :(

The last pic I took of him:

17-10-07_1555-1.jpg

RIP Zooropa Dior
:sad:

Last edited:
waynetravis said:
My mum told me soon after, and she said ''but its ok we'll get another, but we'll talk later I have to goto a concert''.

Please do not get another cat in this house. From everything I have heard, I think your mom is irresponsible and heartless and has no clue about what animals are about and what they mean to people. I have a lot more I want to say but I wont.

Wayne I know you are a great cat owner, and I think one day when you have your own place would be the best time to get another cat. Can you imagine having to go through this again? It wouldnt be fair to you or any other animal. I'm so very sorry :sad: :hug:

What I don't get is she said "But it's ok..."

What does she MEAN by it's ok?? It's ok he died?? It's ok he's gone, he's replacable??

Ask her 'what the hell do you mean when you say it's OK??"

I'm curious to know her answer.

Babydoll it sounds like she's not like us.. she isnt a true animal lover if she says things like that. She doesnt get it.

Oh WT, I'm so sorry. I was so hoping for a happy outcome for you and Zooropa. :sad:

indra said:
Oh WT, I'm so sorry. I was so hoping for a happy outcome for you and Zooropa. :sad:

so was I!:( :sad:

how can anyone brush it off like it was some kind of 'toy' or something! :mad: IT's a living caring beautiful creature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a part of the family.............:huh:

Last edited:
I always thought he'd come back, too.

That last pic symbolizes everything he was. Cute, curious, perky, playful little baby. He was only 5 months old, too. Way too young. :sad:

Babydoll said:
That last pic symbolizes everything he was. Cute, curious, perky, playful little baby.

It is a great photo. Such a cute little guy. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom