Favorite moment from Zoo TV Sydney?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pacemaker said:
Hands down, when ZooTV Bono waves to Joshua Tree Bono on the vid screen during WTSHNN... goosebumps galore at that moment.
'Hey you! I remember you.'

Yes that was a nice touch.

COBL_04 said:
Is this the same RTSS/Hallelujah as on Chicago except better?
Light years better. There's really no comparison really. The ZooTV Hallelujahs are an incredibly emotional anguished cry. To quote Leonard Cohen, (and Ozeeko, who quoted it on a previous thread on the subject) "It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah." The Chicago Halleujahs are tepid by comparison. Not that it's a bad performance, I quite enjoy the Chicago RTSS performance, but the Hallelujahs theirselves are too pretty, and too calm.

Zoo Station Intro
Satelite of Love
Dirty Day
Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
(the band looks awsome in the blue uniforms)
Can't Help Falling IN Love

The Zoo TV use of HAlleluiah in Running to Stand Still was perfect, and has not been bettered since.
I have made no secret of my total and absolute adoration of ZOO TV on here, by far, the greatest period of U2's career.
I love the Sydney video but I dont think it captures the whole visual spectacular that was Zoo TV that well. Its a big shame that it didnt include any of the video confessions from the crowd, maybe the Sydney ones weren't that funny, which actually is quite likely...
Too many highlights of course, but my favourie is probably, the baby singing opera, DGPFYCC, Lemon, EBTTRT and edge's solo in bullet!
The million miles an hour text during the fly, always blew me away!

Sorry, the best part of ZOO TV was not really included on the Sydney video. During streets, previously unseen footage of the band wandering around the california desert during the Joshua Tee cover photo shoot was shown, bono would turn around and wave at the 1987 him, and shout, "hey ,i remember you!" Great nostalgia, even then.

Bullet The Blue Sky - Running To Stand Still - Where The Streets Have No Name :drool:

the most memorable part of that memorable show ;)

jonnytakeawalk said:
I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about Zoo tv Sydney. What I wouldn't give to have been there!!!!!!

Sooooo many highlights!!!!!!!

The crowd - from every part of the venue is so into it. It seems from what is shown, no area is left out or bored. That has to be a complete thrill to the band and especially Bono. The performance from the band, I feel is a direct result of the people as a whole.
and I'm watching the video again..
Phenomenal.. I wish I could have been there too. :drool:

Macphiston Encore.....is amazing....
I leave free video cameras for each of you *manic grin*

I don't really care for Satellite of Love, the rest rocks.

It has my 2nd favourite version of Mysterious Ways, so i guess it has to be that!

I like it all the way up to the point that it turns into Zooropa. I don't like the album and I don't like the songs off of it live either. The rest of it kicks ass.

Wowy from Sydney :| With or without with a Les Paul :tsk: Should put this in the most messed moment thread , it sounded so crappy ...... And doing the violin sound with the E-Bow so wrong......

The conclusion of Stay, where Bono sings the last "STAAAAAAAY, and the night would be enough...", followed by the crowd singing the "whoas", a sweaty Bono listening in amazement, and then that final Elvis move he does with the guitar to Larry's song-ending drumbeat.

I can't believe they don't play this full band every show. So powerful.

junkydog said:
Adam provides a couple of great moments:

Where he gets a fright as the Zootv money is launched... you gotta be quick to catch it!

His cheesy grin as he first makes eye contact with Bono during zoo station..

After you spot it for the first time, you just keep waiting for it! :lol:

RTSS is defnitely great. I also love the performance of "Pride", when Bono opens his mouth really wide (actually, he "opens" his entire face) in order to reach the high notes. Makes him look a little more vulnerable :)

Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World... I wish they kept it in. It was aired on the pay-per-view version, and it was one of the most fun versions of that track ever. Bono bought this super cute girl (she looked kind of Uma Thurman-ish) on stage, and the two of them were having a blast boogey-ing and spraying champagne all over the place. And Edge's guitar bit during the middle section was awesome.

Adam nearly shitting himself when the money explodes. I also like the Trabants moving during Daddys Gonna Pay - its so poxy its funny.

Only got the tape last week, paid all of $7 for it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom