Fan Art V3 - Art being born!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its been a long time since I rock and roll! :rockon:

SCAN0089.jpg

a moment that captures one of my favourite U2 songs of all time.....watercolours....erm..yeah, its been a while lol. My scanner made the image brighter but Im pleased with this :D Edge was out of focus and Bono was in focus in the picture so I hope my way of showing it isn't too dodgy lol! :lol:

anyhoo - also thought it was wise to link you all to my deviantart (so you can see what the heck I've been up to instead of drawing 4 pretty irish faces :shifty: SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION FTW!) Punjabijoka on deviantART

OH MY GOODNESS! :drool::drool::love: This is amazing! :applaud:

Holy shit Alleesh. Again outdone yourself.
I've been trying to draw that moment in B&W but everytime I cut it off,
because it deserves color. This is great! I couldn't have done it better.

As usual : The Hair is my favorite part.
And , my fav. Era :drool:

Thank you Juliagulia , Domo and Gabi :hug: *squishies for you all* :D:heart:

Domo - yeah, I've had a couple of attempts at this before, and you're right - it needs to be in colour - I did change the background though, it was meant to be completely black, but I thought that it would make it look really flat so I decided on blue.

and yesh, Elevashun era! :drool:

Yes , the blue gradient really helps it! Thanks god you had a couple of shots on this to,
I nearly thought you reached godlike status :wink: .
You do come damn near. I have to draw something tonight. And promise myself to go after some decent materials for my work.

:lol: I am incredibly inconsistent. You dont see all the stuff that goes into the scrap pile haha. Although I can definately see an improvement in the past few months - so Im gonna keep the momentum going!

PAINT SOMETHING. IM DYING TO SEE YOU USE COLOUR. LOL. :shifty: *rugby tackles*

wanna do another theme??

SCAN0089.jpg

a moment that captures one of my favourite U2 songs of all time.....watercolours....erm..yeah, its been a while lol. My scanner made the image brighter but Im pleased with this :D Edge was out of focus and Bono was in focus in the picture so I hope my way of showing it isn't too dodgy lol! :lol:

anyhoo - also thought it was wise to link you all to my deviantart (so you can see what the heck I've been up to instead of drawing 4 pretty irish faces :shifty: SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION FTW!) Punjabijoka on deviantART

Epic! :ohmy: :up:

Oh my gosh, I would love to draw that! I am definitely going to try. :hyper:

definititly...

they're very cute. Very well stylized.....but i think you could slightly tweek their facial features a bit more so they look a bit more like themselves WITHIN the Stylizing you are using. Adam is Definitely Adam,....

look at Edge's eyes vs the others/ you could indicate a bit more high cheekbones of Larry and the dfferent in Bono's and Edge's noses.

PopM verrrrrrrry nice piece!

the white highlights in Bono's hair to indication motion and sections of hair are wnderful!!! :giggle: I have a thing for well-drawn hair! I draw wonderfully too, at times-but it wasn't until my late teen's -- into my 20's i could really statr to draw hair well from my imagination vs "just "copying.

But you ALSO HAVE the actions and detailing right over al in this wcl!

very nice watercolor shading on Bono's face :up:

PopM verrrrrrrry nice piece!

the white highlights in Bono's hair to indication motion and sections of hair are wnderful!!! :giggle: I have a thing for well-drawn hair! I draw wonderfully too, at times-but it wasn't until my late teen's -- into my 20's i could really statr to draw hair well from my imagination vs "just "copying.

But you ALSO HAVE the actions and detailing right over al in this wcl!

very nice watercolor shading on Bono's face :up:

Thank you very much! :hug:

- I totally agree with the fact that it takes time. I used to hate portraiture , probbaly because I used to suck at it! - but now I love being able to capture someones likeness in a picture it takes practise, and I think Im also going through a similar thing in terms of age as things I struggled with are now starting to click - like proportions or details (Im in my late teens now :ohmy:) .

ah well. Lol. Glad you like Bono's face :lol::drool: - I wouldn't mind seeing some of this famous hair you like drawing either......:shifty::wink: *nudges*

Thank you very much! :hug:

- I totally agree with the fact that it takes time. I used to hate portraiture , probbaly because I used to suck at it! - but now I love being able to capture someones likeness in a picture it takes practise, and I think Im also going through a similar thing in terms of age as things I struggled with are now starting to click - like proportions or details (Im in my late teens now :ohmy:) .

ah well. Lol. Glad you like Bono's face lol::drool: - I wouldn't mind seeing some of this famous hair you like drawing either......:shifty:wink: *nudges*
you're very welcome :hug:
Glad to hear that certain drawing aspects are clicking into place for you!:applaud:you. Boy does THAT feel great when that happens!!! :hyper::heart:
You have time ahead of you to continue to improve your drawing skills in general and to refine your style(s)! :)

When I mentioned imagining hair it's for my own characters I'm thinking up in various pieces, not U2. I use my memory and a bunch reference photos for U2!

I basically did some drawings from Vertigo Era and Brooklyn Bridge concert because it was the closest I ever got to see them in concert... till I got 8th row at MSG later in 05.... and then fantastically last year when a very sweet friend here nabbed me a GA for last year's 9/23 Giants Stadium concert (paid her later) where in the next night i was up at the near top 3/4's back.

I have some quick action sketches from further away that I did during earlier tours/shows. Someday I'll work on those as well.
I've seen them since 84 onward (and a bit of a quick look/listen at them rehearsing/sound check in NYC in summer 83). But I never got really close, closer, until 05 and then closest in 09!

Now because of that GA (Outer Rail) I have a few of my own photos plus other's for reference. Plus, of course, fabulous memories!:wink:
A whole bunch of mine are very over lit on their faces... :(...but at least they are MY photos. I got some good general actions photos even if the faces are over lit, or further away on the circle (even if blurry at times) .
SO I'll be working with over the fall-winter into next year, and augmenting with other's photos for reference. I also will be playing around with photoshop with my GA photos too. I started to but had to stop last fall.

Hopefully I'll have stuff to post here in 2011.
Right now I don't have a serious space properly set up for finished drawing/painting works. I moved and am still putting my place in order.That should start to happen during fall/winter.

In the meantime I'll sit back and enjoy everyone else's talents!!! :applaud:

SCAN0089.jpg

wow the color in this is amazing! :crack: very well done! beautiful! and i'm so digging bono's shades, hair and Edge's waist. :shifty: So I have a thing for his waist...:wink:

you're very welcome :hug:
Glad to hear that certain drawing aspects are clicking into place for you!:applaud:you. Boy does THAT feel great when that happens!!! :hyper::heart:
You have time ahead of you to continue to improve your drawing skills in general and to refine your style(s)! :)

When I mentioned imagining hair it's for my own characters I'm thinking up in various pieces, not U2. I use my memory and a bunch reference photos for U2!

I basically did some drawings from Vertigo Era and Brooklyn Bridge concert because it was the closest I ever got to see them in concert... till I got 8th row at MSG later in 05.... and then fantastically last year when a very sweet friend here nabbed me a GA for last year's 9/23 Giants Stadium concert (paid her later) where in the next night i was up at the near top 3/4's back.

I have some quick action sketches from further away that I did during earlier tours/shows. Someday I'll work on those as well.
I've seen them since 84 onward (and a bit of a quick look/listen at them rehearsing/sound check in NYC in summer 83). But I never got really close, closer, until 05 and then closest in 09!

Now because of that GA (Outer Rail) I have a few of my own photos plus other's for reference. Plus, of course, fabulous memories!:wink:
A whole bunch of mine are very over lit on their faces... :(...but at least they are MY photos. I got some good general actions photos even if the faces are over lit, or further away on the circle (even if blurry at times) .
SO I'll be working with over the fall-winter into next year, and augmenting with other's photos for reference. I also will be playing around with photoshop with my GA photos too. I started to but had to stop last fall.

Hopefully I'll have stuff to post here in 2011.
Right now I don't have a serious space properly set up for finished drawing/painting works. I moved and am still putting my place in order.That should start to happen during fall/winter.

In the meantime I'll sit back and enjoy everyone else's talents!!! :applaud:

Wow, that sounds awesome, I wouldn't even mind seeing some of your own characters. Its cool having your own ref photos - unfortunately I have none of the guys, but I have some pretty good ones of Robert Plant and Damon Albarn that I plan on painting sometime. Until then I shall look forward to it, and more lovely feedback from you :D:hug:

wow the color in this is amazing! :crack: very well done! beautiful! and i'm so digging bono's shades, hair and Edge's waist. :shifty: So I have a thing for his waist...:wink:

Hehe, thank you :hug:
Lol, dont worry Im sure you're not the only one out there with a thing for his waist :lol: ....for now your secret is safe :wink:

@domo - I shall have a looksie for you...

I cant seem to be able to check domo.....try going to my deviation that I submitted recently, and follow the link to the club on the side.....if it gives you the option to join at the top then you're not a member lol.

bloody DA.

Wow, that sounds awesome, I wouldn't even mind seeing some of your own characters. Its cool having your own ref photos - unfortunately I have none of the guys, but I have some pretty good ones of Robert Plant and Damon Albarn that I plan on painting sometime. Until then I shall look forward to it, and more lovely feedback from you :D:hug:

aaww thanks....:hug:
:lol: It only took 25 years to get them! :lol: BUT at least, AT LAST I did!

The thing drove me to high levels frustration of was that I have some good to excellent photos that I took of my earlier, and still among my favorite bands <of which U2 joined my pantheon of R&R favs>: The Who, Springsteen, Television, The Patti Smith Group, and some others is that-- I (with friends) did see all of those bands (and more) quite up close at least several times each- but never U2 till recently. Even though I tired and tried.

Have you seen U2 in concert yet? IF not..... will you be seeing them in either Europe this year or in NA next year?

Keep those paintings of whom ever coming along as you have time to play!:hyper::up:

aaww thanks....:hug:
:lol: It only took 25 years to get them! :lol: BUT at least, AT LAST I did!

The thing drove me to high levels frustration of was that I have some good to excellent photos that I took of my earlier, and still among my favorite bands <of which U2 joined my pantheon of R&R favs>: The Who, Springsteen, Television, The Patti Smith Group, and some others is that-- I (with friends) did see all of those bands (and more) quite up close at least several times each- but never U2 till recently. Even though I tired and tried.

Have you seen U2 in concert yet? IF not..... will you be seeing them in either Europe this year or in NA next year?

Keep those paintings of whom ever coming along as you have time to play!:hyper::up:

Yeah its hard - I got a much better camera a few months back also which has helped greatly :lol: hopefully when I see robert Plant again I'll get some goodies :shifty:

Yep - I saw U2 last August (jeez....its nearly been a year) in London I was super lucky to even get tickets but my mum and I got seats and I had my shitty little camera :lol: the photos I got aren't that great - some good ones of the claw though. I just wish they would come back next year so I can do GA!

Haha, dont worry I will :hug: Like I said - if I haven't uploaded anything here for a while its because Ive been working on somethin' else - hence why I posted a link to my DA account - but I got another one of the guys on the way :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom