Extended Power Cut Mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sounds cool dude, but you need to extended the "emptyspace" in the power cut portion by another beat - it's too short of a pause. The ending sounds cool though - although I kinda miss the YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH part.

Yes this version is a good test to see if you miss the "somewhat annoying" yeah,yeah.. part or not lol

TheBrazilianFly The mix is on the way.. wait a few minutes..

Thanks, I got it and I liked it! :up: I liked the power cit in the middle but I also think that maybe the silence after the power cut should be a little longer. I like the ending with The Edge singing his "oh woh oh oh" part again! Cool! :up:

By the way maybe you guys should be a biit more daring, like messing with the vocals and backing vocals or that full on part before the solo and stuff like that. Just to see how it sounds. :shrug:

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. Glad to hear you liked it.

Not sure about a pause after the power cut starting on 1:45
Thinks it slides very nice into the segment that's suppose to come after the "feeeeeel"..

Thought that edges backing on the last segment sounded quite nice too. Experimentet with that.

Not so easy to "extract" backing vocals from this song when it's only two channels available to me... Left And Right channel (since it's stereo..) It's not like I'm sitting at the Mixing desk with all the layers ya know. Would be fun though lol

I might try putting in some more elements later, though sometimes enough is enough..

Thins link still worked last time I checked:

http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=072556C95F3CD2D1D6CC3309E0829E18

Last edited:
hmm I see a request for the "yeah" in every other post lol

Might put it back in then..

1.) A. J Good Stuff! How about a version of Vertigo with part of Edge’s new Batman Theme (i.e. near the end of it when The Edge lets loose / takes off – his guitar solo from :47 to :52 and then loop it twice?) and inserted at the 2:22 point where Bono sings the final “all this could be yours” and the “just give me what I want and no one gets hurt”? Vertigo could then have its “big solo”?! And at least this addition to Vertigo is from brand new U2 music released the same month as Vertigo’s release.
B. Maybe taking the guitar solo at the end of Electrical Storm and adding it near the end of Vertigo. Then we have a “baby solo” already there from 1:54 to 2:07 and then the “boy solo” from Batman Theme at 2:22 and then the “man solo” at let’s say 3:02. The “man solo” ES (Band Version) from 3:30 to 3:40 and/or from 4:00 to 4:15 could be spliced together? This addition is U2’s last released song and which has no album. It could make Edge happy since he said he preferred the Band Version and he felt bad that6 ES was homeless. It could be Vertigo (The Edge Mix)?!
2.) ArthDent Good Stuff! How about Vertigo (The Revenge Mix) – adding in Edge’s guitar solo from The Fly (2:09 – 3:06) at the 2:22 point where Bono sings the final “all this could be yours” and the “just give me what I want and no one gets hurt.” Vertigo could then have its “big solo”?! And a little revenge for The Edge leaving The Fly off of the Best Of 90s! At the end of The Fly solo the “power cut portion” of ArthDent’s “Extended Power Cut Mix” could be inserted and serve as a transition back into the finale of Vertigo? I agree with SmileyGladhands that the power cut portion could be extended a beat.
3.) Lo-Fi Good Stuff! How about Vertigo (The “Rhythm Section” Mix or The Jungle Mix!) Put in a section from “Let’s Go Native” (from Passengers) at 2:22?
P.S. the next day I read in the Q Magazine “Band Review” of Atomic Bomb that Vertigo was originally Native Son. Was Native Son in any relation to Let’s Go Native from the Passengers album? There is at least the similarity of both song titles using the word “native” and that both are heavily based “rhythm section” songs.

U2Soar nice big comment there.. interesting..

Made a version including the "yeah yeah" and Edge's "oahhaha"
ontop of every other Power segment towards the end..
Think it sounded quite kewl.

Might want to add something from the Bat Theme as you suggested.. Dunno if I have that.. let's see...

Ok. Final version for now...

Longer ending with the "Yeah's" now included aswell as the Edge's "oaoaoaoa" side by side.. quite kewl actually

Looked at the Batman theme but the sound quality was bad..
Though when I took the "solo" part of it and used it looped ontop of the power segment, it mixed quite nicely.
Credit to U2Soar for the batman theme input..

Running time is now 3:55

Where's the testbunnies?

I still say the pause is way too short. It needs to go on for another beat or so. One of the nice musical touches to the "power cut" portion is the anticipation of the music kicking back on...there's no anticipation right now cause there's not enough time. Listen to the Vertigo "Spaniards Mix" to hear the slightly longer pause.

Don't get me wrong..you did a fabulous job, but I want a little more anticipation in there.

Thanks a lot "ArthDent"...
Sounds very nice only at the drop-out the volume seems to raise quit a bit...
beside that excellent work you did :drool:
Thanks again

Last edited:
Mails have been sendt out to the ones above requesting the Mix..

Tell me if there were problems with the attachment..

Hey ArthDent--thanks for the song. I really liked it--very kick ass. The only thing I would have liked to hear was a second or so longer pause after the "and no one gets hurt" line. Other than that I totally enjoyed it--thanks again

Back
Top Bottom