Everything You Know Is Wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had to stop and think before I said "City of Blinding Lights" at at least one point, I'm so used to thinking of it as "cobble" :lol:

I don't talk about U2 out loud often enough to have to think of how I pronounce the acronyms....

Alisaura said:
I had to stop and think before I said "City of Blinding Lights" at at least one point, I'm so used to thinking of it as "cobble" :lol:

I don't talk about U2 out loud often enough to have to think of how I pronounce the acronyms....

:lol: I always read the acronyms as words in my mind so I rattle them off with ease. Far too much ease. It's difficult talking to people who are just casual fans; I have to stop myself from using the acronyms! I think they'd look at me funny if I spoke about sick-my-oh and yoo-teo-tow.

Axver said:

:lol: I always read the acronyms as words in my mind so I rattle them off with ease. Far too much ease. It's difficult talking to people who are just casual fans; I have to stop myself from using the acronyms! I think they'd look at me funny if I spoke about sick-my-oh and yoo-teo-tow.

people who spend way too much time on here (i.e. me) would look at you funny if you didn't use acronyms. not like i can see you or anything :shifty:

unico said:
people who spend way too much time on here (i.e. me) would look at you funny if you didn't use acronyms. not like i can see you or anything :shifty:

Well then, you just need to come to Melbourne and attend one of our little meet-ups and we all can be normal weirdos together, pronouncing our acronyms as words.

This raises a number of questions, in the following order.

1. Conservative America?
2. Why?
3. Why the hell would I want to?
4. Why suffer?
5. WHY GOD WHY?
6. How about Melbourne instead?

Last edited:
Axver said:
This raises a number of questions, in the following order.

1. Conservative America?
2. Why?
3. Why the hell would I want to?
4. Why suffer?
5. WHY GOD WHY?
6. How about Melbourne instead?

Answer Key:

1. To the delusional majority, yes
2. No Pants O'Clock
3. No Pants O'Clock
4. No Pants O'Clock
5. No Pants O'Clock
6. Does Melbourne have Powerjuice?

unico said:
Answer Key:

1. To the delusional majority, yes
2. No Pants O'Clock
3. No Pants O'Clock
4. No Pants O'Clock
5. No Pants O'Clock
6. Does Melbourne have Powerjuice?

1. This fact repulses me.
2. Thus No Pants O'Clock is a failure.
3. Thus No Pants O'Clock is a failure.
4. Thus No Pants O'Clock is a failure.
5. Thus No Pants O'Clock is a failure.
6. It's got trams. That's better.

No Pants O'Clock is only a failure because of your fellow conservative citizens.

A Leftie America would be nice and palatable.

Well, in the meantime, come to Melbourne. Our conservatives came not second but third in the central Melbourne electorate after Labour and the Greens. Rock on.

Thus our U2 gatherings = the height of awesomeness.

And trams. Everybody loves trams.

Yeah, THOA works. Or we could just Australianise it up and make it Thozza.

No spoken words said:
Lord
I'm on my knees
I'm about to sneeze
that means trouble

Lord
I'm showing you my soul
I'm bleating like a foal
that means trouble

I look to the sky
and wonder why
I'm trapped in a bubble

Trouble

Lord
the desert is dry
onions make me cry
that means trouble

Lord
Can't you see
that Pavel does not even look that much like me
that fucker is trouble

I look to the sky
and wonder why
I'm trapped in a bubble

Trouble

that's it for now

knees.. sneeze :lmao:

Axver said:
there's some song of theirs i read as sick-a-my-goo-goo and i can't remember what :scratch:

BEVERLY56 said:
I feel like I stumbled into some sort of other dimension here in this thread. I'm leaving now... pretend you never saw me.

You did. It's the point at which Australia meets the USA. (AKA Iraq)

Varitek said:
Nah, the point where Australia meets the US is somewhere in the middle of the planet. That can be where this thread is.
Rockin' outer core, man! :rockon:

Or possibly the lower mantle... :hmm:

</geologynerd>

You know, this thread wins. In the last ten or so posts, we've had Porcupine Tree (everybody needs PT goodness in their life), Stuck In A Moment's hideous and funny abbreviation, geography, and trams.

More threads need to be like this.

Yeah, makes a change from U23D or "if the members of U2 were animals" or something equally silly.

I'm surprised you don't hang around the 96 tram route - they're putting in the new trams that they've just had delivered in there.

Back
Top Bottom