Everything You Know Is Wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No spoken words said:

I wanted to add a part about Barney Rubble, but, eh.

It took me a while to figure out where that was from.

But the music -
Is it a hard-rocking, Vertigo-esque song, or an empty WITS-like tune, or a sexy MW-like song, or an old angry IWF-like song, or a transcendent ISOH-like song?

No spoken words said:
Something for everyone, Axver. That was the only part intentionally designed to be funny....if that part did not work, then the whole thing would be an epic failure.

The first two verses are classic too. I can totally see this as the lead single from The Heart Of Kneeling Souls.

Live, Bono will conclude it with some totally irrelevant Beatles snippet like Tomorrow Never Knows.

Varitek said:
I had to google him.

This marriage won't work if there's no Steven Wilson. Everything needs more Steven Wilson. Even Steven Wilson needs more Steven Wilson.

I illegally downloaded some of their stuff due to him, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Also Dream Theater, which I concluded made some good music in 1992, some shitty music recently, and some stuff I haven't had time to listen to in between.

Varitek said:
I illegally downloaded some of their stuff due to him, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Also Dream Theater, which I concluded made some good music in 1992, some shitty music recently, and some stuff I haven't had time to listen to in between.

This is the truth. Their latest album, Systematic Chaos, is quite possibly the worst album I have ever heard by a band I like. They tumbled out of my top five bands thanks to that sack of shit.

LemonMelon said:
Now Chass, she's definitely trouble. :tsk: I would know. The world of Interference comedy is a dark and sleazy one.
Oh my god. Why does everyone always think I'm trouble?! Is it so wrong to dream of being a gothic East German prostitute?!

( :angry: and don't go crushing my dreams by telling me that East Germany is no more. I realize that, I'm just in denial. I don't want to have to settle for being a window prostitute in Amsterdam, but I will if I have to!)

....NSW, let me know when you're divorce is final, and we'll do this. By the way, I'm already married to Zoots, just so you know.

Ah, silly me, I remember now. I gave you that bed made out of Pop CDs as a wedding gift. Good times.

New South Wales' toast was certainly a drunken good time :drool:

Varitek said:
I know it's for Paul McGuinness.
My theory is that, when PLEBA was created, the Powers That Be were making a reference to "plebians", an antiquated term for the "common people"... But they needed a P, and since Bono doesn't go by Paul (and then there would be no B), Mr McGuinness was drafted.

:shrug:

This thread is amusing. :up:

(To answer the original question; when I think of it at all, it kinda gets mashed into "ee-kew" in my head.)

Alisaura said:
(To answer the original question; when I think of it at all, it kinda gets mashed into "ee-kew" in my head.)

When we had the Melburnians meeting on Sunday, I really wanted to refer to EYKIW by some abbreviation but I just couldn't think of a way to make my weirdo "ey-no" sort of thing intelligible! I can't recall if I actually used many abbreviations, but I'm certainly prone to pronouncing "cobble", "oots", "i-why", "wowy", "asoh", and hell, sometimes even "ishif-wilf" rather than the song titles. If my post count isn't proof that I'm on this forum too much, that surely is! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom