Double Trouble State Park, New Jersey Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no such thing as a good musical.

Either write a play or perform a concert. Don't dilly-dally in the middle ground and just create an unrealistic fucked-up mishmash.
Music speaks louder than words and creates a stronger emotional connection.

Don't use the word 'unrealistic'. Watching a musical forces the brain to employ something called 'suspension of disbelief'. You have to forget that people don't normally burst into song (and most of the good musicals aren't cheesy when songs start, they flow into it naturally), and enjoy it for what it is.

So far the only musical I've been willing to suspend disbelief for and actually enjoy has been The Producers. And that was because that one was a comedy :uhoh:

They got away with it because it was the beginning days of Time Zones and there weren't any real laws FORCING them to be on the same time zone. For some reason though no other state seems to have taken the idiotic initiative that Indiana did :doh:.

Oh and you'll love Mitch's solution to the problem. "Well we'll just let each county pick which time zone they want to be."

Ah, every politician's favourite solution - passing the buck to someone else!

What's all this now? What did they do :doh:

Oh, this Aussie mining company managed to let tonnes of cyanide residue pour from its gold mine into the River Tisza (a Danube tributary) in Romaniia. Huge environmental and economic impact spread across multiple countries. Woops.

Ah, every politician's favourite solution - passing the buck to someone else!

Oh, this Aussie mining company managed to let tonnes of cyanide residue pour from its gold mine into the River Tisza (a Danube tributary) in Romaniia. Huge environmental and economic impact spread across multiple countries. Woops.

GG Mitch Daniels AND Australia.

:lmao: There's a Mullen, South Carolina! *hums Deliverance Theme*

Music speaks louder than words and creates a stronger emotional connection.

Don't use the word 'unrealistic'. Watching a musical forces the brain to employ something called 'suspension of disbelief'. You have to forget that people don't normally burst into song (and most of the good musicals aren't cheesy when songs start, they flow into it naturally), and enjoy it for what it is.

Pretty much every TV show, movie, and book in history requires you to suspend disbelief in some way. But you can only suspend disbelief when what is happening can be accepted as plausible on some level. Musicals are implausible.

Doesn't help that the songs are usually dreadful too.

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 1,003
User Name Posts
Axver 265
coolian2 185
bono_212 165
KhanadaRhodes 120
The Sad Punk 70
Varitek 53
cinnaminson 31
DreamOutLoud13 29
Alisaura 29
liamcool 16
the tourist 16
RavenBlue 8
RegularBonoFan 6
COBL_04 6
Galeongirl 3
Lila64 1

Ahh that's better

GG Mitch Daniels AND Australia.

ANOTHER Aussie mining company managed to totally fuck parts of Papua New Guinea in the Ok Tedi disaster. And let's not forget Australia fucking over Bougainville's independence movement because it threatens our mining investment there, a mine that has been ecologically craptastic too.

WAY TO GO, AUSTRALIA.

Ahh much better. Watch as time jumps backwards an hour. I should have fixed my interference clock all of days ago.

We have a Clayton right here in Melbourne.

Unfortunately, it is not the centre of Melbourne's drug underworld.

I must search wikipedia for Mullen, SC.

ETA: Aww, damn. It's Mullins, SC. Lousy South Carolinians.

i'm really starting to feel like a jinx. they lost the game last week, and now it's 0-6. it's not even the end of the first quarter so there's still time, but still.

The game's just starting?

Ah well, there's just no time for me to get back in time for halftime and find out just how much they're going to fuck this up

I must search wikipedia for Mullen, SC.

ETA: Aww, damn. It's Mullins, SC. Lousy South Carolinians.

Never fear, there is a Mullen, California and a Mullen, Nebraska!

Which reminds me, I think my location needs a bit of a thematic change now that (at least here) it's the 4th of November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom