don't like to go to sleep

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattip2000

New Yorker
Sometimes I just don’t want to go to bed. I don’t know what it is about getting in my bed, turning off the lights and trying to fall asleep that I hate.
It’s not the sleep, I love sleeping, I just don’t like the falling asleep part. I’ll do all sorts of things to avoid the actual act of falling asleep. I read at night, keep the T.V. on, sometimes even the light stays on. When its really bad I’ll sleep on the couch with the T.V. on downstairs.
I always end up staying up later than I should, getting less sleep than I should. I should be mature enough to get myself to bed like a normal person but I have such a hard time with it. :yawn:

When I'm really tired sometimes I find it just too hard to do the things I need to do before I can go to bed (damn those responsiblilities! :madspit: ) so I end up staying up really late.

i don't like going to sleep either...not becuse of insomnia or anything, but first of all i'm a night owl, i love to stay up late. and second i'm a light sleeper and it takes me a while to fall asleep. i hate laying there for an hour or two or more trying to fall asleep and sometimes try so hard it just makes it worse. :sigh: :yawn:

to me, the whole idea of sleep is a waste of time. I have small stupid things on my mind at night, that I have to finish the tasks before I sleep. or else I'll forget the next morning. and before I know it, it's 2 AM and I realize I have school the next day.
I don't feel tired so I just lay in bed for another hour or so trying to fall asleep. by the time I fall asleep it's time to wake up for school.

I mean I really love sleep. geez, I really do :drool::drool:, it's just the whole process of getting into that deep sleep that drives me nuts. :crack:

i find if i fold my pillow in half (just so my head is slightly propped up) while watching TV with the lights out, and lay down with my arms across my stomach with the covers up, i get real sleepy real fast and end up falling asleep in 20 minutes or less. everytime

try it and see.

JMScoopy said:
i find if i fold my pillow in half (just so my head is slightly propped up) while watching TV with the lights out, and lay down with my arms across my stomach with the covers up, i get real sleepy real fast and end up falling asleep in 20 minutes or less. everytime

try it and see.

i don't have a tv in my room, but i get tired real fast and fall asleep frequently watching tv while laying on the sofa :lol:

I :heart: the falling asleep part...unless it takes too long. If it gets to the point where I absolutely cannot fall asleep then I just get frustrated. However on normal nights I usually pop in some good tunes, generally U2, then drift into dreamland. I :heart: bedtime :)

U2democrat said:
I :heart: the falling asleep part...unless it takes too long. However on normal nights I usually pop in some good tunes, generally U2, then drift into dreamland. I :heart: bedtime :)

You don’t have to brag about it :wink:

I don't like the going to bed routine, or the trying to fall asleep part and I am and always have been a night owl. Sometimes I just want to stay up all night and then sleep the day away. Maybe it's an aversion to daylight, who knows. I love the peace and quiet of the night, when the pace slows down and it's when I focus and concentrate more. I lay awake for hours in bed thinking about things and sometimes I will get up and make lists, or finish things I didn't finish or get something to eat or drink, then I listen to music or turn on the TV, pick up a book or magazine....it's frustrating trying to fall asleep so I'd just rather not sleep. It IS a pain and kind of a waste of time, but we would all be zombies if we didn't sleep.

The bes tthings that work for me when I absolutely HAVE to sleep are to get my bed to a really comfy position and have clean sheets, jammies and be bathed and lie down, settle into my bed and click on my soothing music. I focus on the music and before I know it I am asleep. melatonin also works, I chew a couple of those tablets about 1/2 hour before I know I absolutely HAVE to be asleep and it works for me. I need to go to get some more, I'm all out. I am usually just falling into that deep good sleep when it's time to get up for work. I sleep through my alarms and am often late for work.

And I am NOT a morning person.

Oh well, we are all different, right? :wink:

Hmmm, apart from the fact that I get insomnia quite often, I usually don't like setting my mind to going to bed. Maybe it's a mindset of not wanting to give up on the day and still giving it a chance of giving you something good to smile about. Sometimes I feel that going to sleep is resignation and that nothng better will come from these awake hours that just passed. :shrug:

BrownEyedBoy said:
Hmmm, apart from the fact that I get insomnia quite often, I usually don't like setting my mind to going to bed. Maybe it's a mindset of not wanting to give up on the day and still giving it a chance of giving you something good to smile about. Sometimes I feel that going to sleep is resignation and that nothng better will come from these awake hours that just passed. :shrug:

That is really an interesting analogy, not wanting to give up. There just might be something to this.

Back
Top Bottom