do you feeel loved?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

all_i_want

Refugee
here's a go for that beautiful moment in pop! lets show it some love!

DO YOU FEEL LOVED??

:wink:

(this Rocking Appreciation thread is brought to you by AIW Limited. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Rocking Appreciation is a trademark of AIW Group)

great song. musically, it's u2 at their best.
i think i am one of the few that enjoys the rare live versions of it. it should remain on the popmart setlist.

ah yes, and i feel loved

Iskra said:
Search out the Naked Funk album they took the song from.
I haven't heard the song they sampled; which part did they "borrow"? The bassline, the general arrangement, the verse melody? I've gotta know.

I know that "The Playboy Mansion" samples the main string hook from the Turtles' "You Showed Me," but I haven't tracked down the rest of the samples on the album (there's also credited samples on "Discotheque," I think "Last Night On Earth," and maybe some others?).

Excellent song. Works even better as part of the amazing Discotheque-->Do You Feel Loved-->Mofo trifecta. :drool:

One of three tracks in their original POP versions that make me go, "wow"

If only they'd played this song more often.
I Think its great on the Pop Album, But as U2 saw it too, Difficult to play live, either that or it Didnt fit.

miss becky said:
Excellent song. Works even better as part of the amazing Discotheque-->Do You Feel Loved-->Mofo trifecta. :drool:

Exactly....although I've gotta say that it's kind of a shame that the whole album didnt have this kind of sound to it.

It's not that the other songs are bad (cept for the out of place if god will send his angels), it's just there could have been so much more to it

one of the two best songs on the album IMHO, and it shud have been the first single......

To me, it's the best example of a U2 song with that techno flare. Discotheque and Mofo are great songs to listen to, but my absolute favorite part of the album is listening to Do You Feel Loved.

Pop is looked at as the album where U2 went techno, mostly because Discotheque was the first single, but if there's one thing that they got right by experimenting, it was the creation of Do You Feel Loved.

I love how Bono differentiates between the first and second chorus, much like in Ultraviolet. The first time, he sings it in a lower pitch, and the second (and third) time he opens his voice up more. I love that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom