Dix, Illinois Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you heard that song "1985"? It was a fairly big hit a couple years ago...2005 to be eact.

Not sure... maybe I'll know which song it is if I hear it, but I don't remember the song name...

I'm finally listening to Ocean Rain for the first time. Something tells me I'm going to like this.

Not sure... maybe I'll know which song it is if I hear it, but I don't remember the song name...

"Since Bruce Springsteen, Madonna
Way before Nirvana
There was U2 and Blondie
and music still on MTV"

that was the start of the chorus at any rate.

nops, it doesn't ring a bell. thanks for your efforts, though!!!

I'll see if I can find it online!

Ok, I will start listening to Passion Pit now... I hope it's good.

Saving the new Grizzly Bear for later.

Passion Pit is great :D. I need to listen to it a second time, but I've been really scattered with my music listening the last couple days.

Passion Pit is great :D. I need to listen to it a second time, but I've been really scattered with my music listening the last couple days.

The first song sounds good. The vocals are a bit funny, but it fits well enough with the music... I like the somewhat sparse beats.

I do't know that the album is as good as everyone is saying it is, but I do think it's a right fun listen, for sure.

Little Secrets is definitely lots of fun! It sounds like a laid back album, I like it!

I'm gonna give it another listen after Echo and the Bunnymen, because I realize I have no idea what you're taking about, and as such, I really need to get better acquainted lol.

Haha, I may be saying something stupid, don't trust what I say!!!

This 80s revival is actually fun. M83, Cut Copy, this... not bad!

Pretty good. Finally listened to an Echo and the Bunnymen album. Was note disappointed.

You know how we talk about some albums not lasting at all? Echo and the Bunnymen do that to me as a band. Enjoyed my first few listens, then ... well, I think the last time I listened to them was four years ago.

They don't seem to me to be a band you'd like in general, so I'm surprised they lasted at all for you :lol:

Ian McCulloch does have pretty much the best personality of any frontman ever. Bono? What a slob.

I just had too much fun writing my review of Dream Theater's latest album on RYM. In homage to The Shattered Fortress recycling riffs the band had already used, I simply recycled the contents of a PM I sent Ashley yesterday.

I don't think you've missed much, Jen. Then again, I was barely here yesterday myself, so if anything exciting happened on the forum, I likely missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom