Did you know that there is a guitar solo in Vertigo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bathiu

Refugee
Not album version, not single version not video version, not DVDsingle-video version...:huh:

So where is it?

Vertigo-video on DVD from the version of the album with the book (maybe also on the DVD with the album alone, I don't have that one).

You have to listen to the "right channel", just after the part "...no one gets hurt" and the solo starts.

I think I've never watched this video from this DVD because I already saw it many times on DVDsingle... and here... what a surprise...

OK, can someone tell me how to extract audio from DVD? I have to have this version on mp3:drool:

Edge also does it during the Brooklyn Bridge performance, which you can download on iTunes. It's clearly audible since he's doing it live, and it sounds GREAT! XD

beau2ifulday said:
what?

I can hear the solo in all of those versions....

The solo is always there, it's just harder to hear on the album, which is one thing that often irritates me about U2's production *grumble, grumble* depends on your headphones and volume if you can hear it that well or not.

AtomicBono said:

The solo is always there, it's just harder to hear on the album, which is one thing that often irritates me about U2's production *grumble, grumble* depends on your headphones and volume if you can hear it that well or not.

No it's not there, on album version there's only this "metal-ish" (same as on LAPOE and SDABTO) guitar in right channel and after that just some "edge-bells" that are also in Native Son.
The solo in Vertigo is only on DVD with the album...

bathiu said:
:( Don't tell me that album versions are diferent in diferent parts of the world...

Here is "album version" - small hints of solo after "feeeel" part...
http://s11. .com/d.aspx?id=0TBMVU5UIOU6T3ATGN3T1TFVMI

...and "DVD" version - solo is "laud and clear" right after "no one gets hurt"...
http://s11. .com/d.aspx?id=2MREMX0EFLPXI3739SVXBANV3G

Its only the "right channel" of the track... compare them if you like...

the album version link is broken, but I can hear the guitar solo loud and clear on my HTDAAB too.

It's the forum doing something with the links...

Replace the first "**" with "tt" and just delete the other two from "You Send It" part...

Album version
h**p://s11.you*send*it.com/d.aspx?id=0TBMVU5UIOU6T3ATGN3T1TFVMI

DVD version
h**p://s11.you*send*it.com/d.aspx?id=2MREMX0EFLPXI3739SVXBANV3G

Last edited:
oh, I get you now. Yeah, my version is like that too - that's not actually the guitar solo though - the guitar solo is the bit after the second chorus, when Bono says all that 'checkmated' stuff. My mistake - I misread your first post.

Last edited:
Is there maybe just some confusion as to what constitutes a solo? Some people would claim that the guitar after the "checkmated" part is not technically a solo.

Back
Top Bottom