Devil's Beef Tub, Scotland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See, it's unaminous. Kahlua!

As for the plummber.... I have sisters in law. Though, they're single for a reason.
:shifty:

And spesking of which, did I tell youse aboutn the fuckhole plumbers wanting 20 gabillion dollras for connetcting our sereage? fuckers! I'm happy with a hole in the ground.
:angry:

anctully, no I'm not, which is why we're paying $12000 for the fucking thing. and the council in a case of brilliant timing warned us there's a fine today if we're not econcnected by 8th october. fuckers. have they ever tried to get a traddie???? I THINK NOT!

The Superthread will talk Ali into drunkposting sooner or later. :yes:

What the fuck. That's just insane. How can it possibly be such a rort? I remember Telstra wanted something exorbitant like $27,000 to extend cable Internet into the area I used to live in on the Gold Coast. We told them to fuck off and got DSL instead.

My family's lucky that my uncle's a builder and he's got friends in other trades, so it's easy to get things done on the cheap.

i love cooking and make grsate things. so there. oh shit, i owe you recipes and shit, huh.

can we do this when ive; not drunk?
please?
:shifty:

:lol: Sure.

Now I'm tempted to go and grab one of my blueberry muffins ...

The Superthread will talk Ali into drunkposting sooner or later. :yes:

What the fuck. That's just insane. How can it possibly be such a rort? I remember Telstra wanted something exorbitant like $27,000 to extend cable Internet into the area I used to live in on the Gold Coast. We told them to fuck off and got DSL instead.

My family's lucky that my uncle's a builder and he's got friends in other trades, so it's easy to get things done on the cheap.

:lol: Sure.

Now I'm tempted to go and grab one of my blueberry muffins ...

Testra I reckon dont do cable in new developments (or old developments)becase thye can make more moneyn off DSL. they probably cant but it's an excuse me to hate them even more. fuckers. they're probably secretly plumbers.

Testra I reckon dont do cable in new developments (or old developments)becase thye can make more moneyn off DSL. they probably cant but it's an excuse me to hate them even more. fuckers. they're probably secretly plumbers.

:lol:

They're just money-hungry twats who know nothing of customer service. Pretty much every other ISP in the country is better. I honestly think anybody who gets their Internet from Telscum is crazy - and getting seriously ripped off for a shockingly low quality product.

So, I'm watching the women's 5,000m right now, and I swear, the Canadian and Chinese women look like men. Not like manly women, but like men.

And geez, this is a slow, tactical race so far.

So, I'm watching the women's 5,000m right now, and I swear, the Canadian and Chinese women look like men. Not like manly women, but like men.

And geez, this is a slow, tactical race so far.

My housemate thought the female greco-roman wrestlers were blokes. They look rough, too! :yikes:

That pursuit cycling stuff confused me. They spent most of it eyeballing each other then ten seconds pedalling their little shorts off at the end.

My housemate thought the female greco-roman wrestlers were blokes. They look rough, too! :yikes:

That pursuit cycling stuff confused me. They spent most of it eyeballing each other then ten seconds pedalling their little shorts off at the end.

I've never got the gist of the cat and mouse in cycling. I wish I knew someone who could explain it to me.

:lol: I didn't see any of the Graeco-Roman wrestling. Not that I'm disappointed by that, as it bores me. The women archers looked bloody intense, like people you wouldn't dare cross!

The cycling points race is fucking confusing stuff. I loved the BMXing over the last few days, though! Talk about entertaining cycling.

This stuff tastes yummy. :up:

The kahlua milo? Coolness. :lol:

So, the 5,000m ended with east Africans all taking the top positions. Shock! The Russian women screwed themselves by falling for the tactical slow pace; when the Kenyans kicked up the pace, the Russians just couldn't keep up with the speed. If they'd run consistently a bit faster in the earlier stages, they would have been better off, as they have the stamina.

And the poor Canadian woman got lapped

I've never got the gist of the cat and mouse in cycling. I wish I knew someone who could explain it to me.

Wikipedia educated me well.

OK, the stupid QANTAS messages to the athletes ads are making me ill and I change the channel every time. Its faux-sincerity makes me sick. "All that training and hard work has paid off." "I'm so proud of you." I love wankers on the street who act like they know the athletes.

:FUCKYEAH: :rockon:

Got the bloody thing at last!!

Can't help but be a little nervous about downloading something called "Good Times" though. :giggle:

Far as I can tell, they're trying to psych each other out for most of the race to figure out when to start sprinting, and whether it's better to be first or be behind so the other guy doesn't see you coming... I dunno.

:lol: I didn't see any of the Graeco-Roman wrestling. Not that I'm disappointed by that, as it bores me. The women archers looked bloody intense, like people you wouldn't dare cross!
I don't think I saw any actual wrestling either, just one of those montage pieces that Channel 7 likes to show instead of any actual content.

And the poor Canadian woman got lapped
Ouch. :(

OK, the stupid QANTAS messages to the athletes ads are making me ill and I change the channel every time. Its faux-sincerity makes me sick. "All that training and hard work has paid off." "I'm so proud of you." I love wankers on the street who act like they know the athletes.

How about legally blind music/internet/setlist nerds who suddenly become experts on long distance running? :wink:
Or were you just repeating Channel 7's insightful commentary... :D

*hides*

I don't think I saw any actual wrestling either, just one of those montage pieces that Channel 7 likes to show instead of any actual content.

Ouch. :(

Oh, right. Those are driving me up the wall. And they're showing the medal ceremony for some race walk that was earlier today now. Race walking, for fuck's sake. I'd swear to god they'd already shown this. Meanwhile, SBS is showing boxing.

Yeah, I felt bad for her. As the leading pack's crossed the line and celebrating their medals, she has to keep on going as she's only just started the last lap!

Wikipedia educated me well.

whats the wiki page? i found the pursut one, but i wnat the one where they slowly ride around until one takes off and they still psych each other out.

Far as I can tell, they're trying to psych each other out for most of the race to figure out when to start sprinting, and whether it's better to be first or be behind so the other guy doesn't see you coming... I dunno.

Now this makes sense! and it explains whyn they can come to a stop for a time limit of 45 seconds, and are not allowd to backpedal.

How about legally blind music/internet/setlist nerds who suddenly become experts on long distance running? :wink:
Or were you just repeating Channel 7's insightful commentary... :D

*hides*

:madspit:

I've always followed the Olympics athletics. I think I liked it when I was little because all these uncommon countries would do really well! Where else do you get to see the Netherlands Antilles and Barbados and Ethiopia right up there? I was bored with the US winning everything from a young age. :lol:

(Plus I couldn't escape it anyway. My mother and grandmother are both long distance runners, so every Olympics, they'll sit down and watch it!)

i gotta break the seal.
:(

i do highly recommend jb and coke zero. it's nice to have no sugar and no rusty metal taste to sdistrasct you from the bourbon. not thay i usually like bournon. i like scotch. chivas regal tp be precise.
:drool:

I had to get Wikipedia to educate me on the keirin and the points race.

Keirin: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keirin
Points race: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Points_race

Either of those the one you're thinking of?

And ooh, I think the 4x100m women's relay is about to start!

thanks axvial. nah, the one i'm thinking of has 2 riders. they start together on a line and take off really sloely. one syays in front and the other hovers behind them. they annoy each other and spectoars for a while at different speeds until there's a bell and one takes off. or maybe one takes off and the bell rings to say it's the start. i, not sure.

so who's gonna drop the baton this time?

The Jamaicans and the Brits fucked up the second-to-last change!

I can't believe it. The Jamaicans in particular totally fucked it. Wow.

Russia first, Belgium second, Nigeria third. What a result!

thanks axvial. nah, the one i'm thinking of has 2 riders. they start together on a line and take off really sloely. one syays in front and the other hovers behind them. they annoy each other and spectoars for a while at different speeds until there's a bell and one takes off. or maybe one takes off and the bell rings to say it's the start. i, not sure.

Hmm, I don't think I saw that one. Is it the team sprint: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_sprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom