Describe & Chat- My Turn Kayla!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes. ;)

Better start spreading the word around the forum about this.

It would be shame if people were to miss out

here is mine

Hi Bono!
Thank you for being you.
You truly a great inspiration to me. Your heart is in the right place.
Continue doing the fantastic work you are doing in your music and tireless efforts for Africa.
You forever have my respect.

Thank you, my friend.
Wayne Travis
United Kingdom

That was in the seaside radio. Seaside makes me think of lighthouse. Though, tropical breeze...maybe warm. :)

no no no.

the oil rig that the radio station is broadcasting from is called United Kindom.
its about a 15min boat ride from my island.

yes you are...

i wanted to something in electrical/retail. so i applied at a leading electrical store here in January, but i havent heard anything from them since. so i reapplied again a few weeks ago. but at the moemnt, no joy.

also im going to computer course sometime this week to get help making a resume, cos i have no idea what to put on it :nerd:

call em up. Stop in. Bug em. :D Followup on the initial application is good to do. At least here in the states. I'm not sure how it goes on remote Islands/UK oil rigs

Yeah, resumes are tough to create. We did it in one of my classes the first time I was in school. Now i'm back...:hmm: Better check the resume.

If you are in the UK:hmm:, have u or do u ever want to go to university?

i keep calling them and going into the store, but its always the samething. when i went in a few weeks ago the guy said that should apply again because there was some new opening. but i have heard nothing.
when i called them said, i just have to wait and see.

and i have never thought of collage or university because my high school wouldnt let me do my final GCSE exams.

which why i was saying about not knowing what to put on a resume, its because i have nothing to put on it.

GCSE exams...what are those and why wouldn't your high school let you take them? I'm confused.

One thing I'm not confused about is the retail place. I wanted to try and work for a sporting goods store. A new store was opening so i applied at the old and new store. I did the same things you did, and I heard nothing. Sad. :sad:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GCSE

they wouldnt let me take them because i had missed the pre-GCSE exams a few months earlier because i wasnt in school due to illness.

when i was calling the store about 2 months ago. i rang everyday of the week, spoke to 5 different people and got 4 different awnseres to the same question, ''can you give me a update on a job aplication'?''

i can take them again at the local aduclt education center :) if i want to.

but im gonna see how this meeting at the resume place will go first. they might have some suggestions.

yeah. By no means do you NEED to go to a College or University. THere's plenty of thing a person can do.

In fact, I actually liked retail. Even more, I love landscaping. But I really want to teach.

Here's the best part. I can teach, and then summer break/vacation comes and I can landscape. Man, my life is lookin up!

see? There we go again...she said you live in England. When will people learn that you live on an small island. Your island in fact somewhere off the coast of Australia...sheesh.

Kayla, you'll have to wait until I'm done. :madspit:

^^ how did you know that? you google earthed those coordinates didnt you, stalker!!! :mad:

^ quiet you :madwife:

Back
Top Bottom