Dallas, Moray, Scotland, UK Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't love Loveless.

I'm seriously the only shoegaze fan who doesn't.

I think it's good that you're full of so many unpopular opinions. :laugh:

But yeah, I'm quite enjoying it and it will require more listens, undeniably.

I don't love Loveless.

I'm seriously the only shoegaze fan who doesn't.

It's definitely gone down my rankings over the past few years, whether because of your influence or just because, outside of When You Sleep and Soon, which I love, it just sounds like a whole bunch of noise to me now. I definitely rank Souvlaki, Whirlpool and The Death of Cool over it as complete albums, at the very least. Uncut referring to Souvlaki as "the alcopop Loveless" is one of the only times I've taken a critic's words personally and offensively.

But I imagine a TV that produces tea is Charlotte's dream!

And bacon! And cheese... and chocolate... :drool:

Where do I get one of these magical TVs?? Never mind built-in DVD players and all that rubbish...

It's like a better version of that TV that you can grab chocolate out of in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! :drool:

Somebody had better invent this for me.

Now somebody needs to send me Whirlpool because I'm a demanding bastard. :wink:

It's definitely gone down my rankings over the past few years, whether because of your influence or just because, outside of When You Sleep and Soon, which I love, it just sounds like a whole bunch of noise to me now. I definitely rank Souvlaki, Whirlpool and The Death of Cool over it as complete albums, at the very least. Uncut referring to Souvlaki as "the alcopop Loveless" is one of the only times I've taken a critic's words personally and offensively.

There are some tracks I rate (When You Sleep being one of them), but in general, what you say is true for me too, that it's a whole bunch of noise. I feel like Loveless is songs in service of a wall of noise, rather than a wall of noise in the service of songs (which is what makes bands like Ride so awesome to me).

Whatever Uncut critic wrote that clearly doesn't even have ears. I honestly don't think Souvlaki and Loveless are that close, musically; it's like the fact that there are female vocals somehow makes them instantly comparable. Nobody would take a critic seriously if they said that about, say, Lilys' In The Presence Of Nothing being the alcopop Nowhere.

PS Been rediscovering Lilys lately. Goddamn, Tone Bender is awesome.

Now somebody needs to send me Whirlpool because I'm a demanding bastard. :wink:

I would if I weren't a lazy prick.

Good god.

Agreed. Not sure how that's even possible :lol:

(For whom it may interest, I'm listening to that Loveless album everyone loves)

Not a huge fan myself, and the reason is very simple. "When You Sleep" is on another plane from anything else on the album, and it completely takes away from the experience for me. There are a few albums that have that unfortunate occurrence...occur.

None of you are here to talk to me and I'm drunk?

Unforgiveable, I tell you!

Monday night is like a weekend now that Charlotte doesn't have class tomorrow and my students haven't yet submitted their poorly formatted essays without possessive apostrophes!

Seriously, FUCKING POSSESSIVE APOSTROPHES! Who knew they were so hard! Only 1 in 10 of my students can bloody well do them.

And footnotes? Christ on a bike, you'd think the EASY TO FOLLOW GUIDE ON THE HISTORY DEPARTMENT'S WEBSITE is in a locked box buried underneath the uni tram stop or something.

Now Vlad, if you had us added on Facebook, you'd have a lot more of my drunkenness to follow to amuse yourself on this here Monfay night.

André Axver. Add that prick.

Seriously, FUCKING POSSESSIVE APOSTROPHES! Who knew they were so hard! Only 1 in 10 of my students can bloody well do them.

And footnotes? Christ on a bike, you'd think the EASY TO FOLLOW GUIDE ON THE HISTORY DEPARTMENT'S WEBSITE is in a locked box buried underneath the uni tram stop or something.

Wait, so they get its and it's wrong? What the hell?

Now Vlad, if you had us added on Facebook, you'd have a lot more of my drunkenness to follow to amuse yourself on this here Monfay night.

André Axver. Add that prick.

Yay our first drunken spelling error. And uh, maybe.

Wait, so they get its and it's wrong? What the hell?

They're usually OK on that (USUALLY), but you have no idea how many times I've got essays saying things like "the Nazi's".

Yay our first drunken spelling error. And uh, maybe.

If you were following my Facebook, you'd have seen another, well, not spelling error, but an error all the same!'

ALL THE EXCITEMENT YOU ARE MISSING.

Also you can add me on Facebook to watch me reluctantly make a post every fortnight. Although it might be awkward since, you know, we're in Adelaide and there's pretty much no way we won't run into each other once we know what we both look like.

Haha, oh god, if I were allowed to mark the way I want to mark, they wouldn't know what's hit them!

Well, they may recall the full force of your fist to their collective faces!

Also you can add me on Facebook to watch me reluctantly make a post every fortnight. Although it might be awkward since, you know, we're in Adelaide and there's pretty much no way we won't run into each other once we know what we both look like.

Yeah, I haven't made a status post for a month. I don't know why, but I just don't have the urge to post anything as most things I post fall on deaf ears. People don't understand good music. :wink: /snob

He keeps a little dungeon under Flinders St. station.

And the dungeon is dark and you can hear a tape recorder playing a loop of scary train sounds.

Sounds like being a tutor is working out well for you ax.

Fun fact: port is the most disgusting alcoholic beverage I've ever had, outside of cheap vodka or anything with an alcohol content higher than absinthe's.

The Sad Punk said:

:lol: I posted somfing on ur wall

Sounds like being a tutor is working out well for you ax.

Fun fact: port is the most disgusting alcoholic beverage I've ever had, outside of cheap vodka or anything with an alcohol content higher than absinthe's.

:lol: I posted somfing on ur wall

I liked port before I liked beer, tbh. Never drink it these days though. Same goes for absinthe and any other spirit - basically beer through and through, bar a red every now and then.

luzl thox

Like I said, totally going to have one tomorrow. Been a while. Also, that Majak page is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom