Daft Punk "Alive" tour. Amazing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FitzChivalry

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
At the bottom of the ocean, in the deepest sea
I saw Daft Punk for the first time on Saturday night at the Los Angeles Sport Arena, and they were amazing! I pretty much danced the entire time and considering I was sick with a sore throat and slight fever, I'd say that's something.

They started off with the musical code from "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" and played it sporadically, but faster each time until their lights came on and they launched into the first song, "Robot Rock", I believe.

Daft Punk's show is ALL ABOUT THE LIGHTS! WOW! AMAZING! They had their stage look like a computer chip, a spaceship, the pyramids of egypt, TRON, and a volcano, all by just tweaking the lights, while the stage remained exactly the same. Just absolutely mind-blowing light show.

Highlights for me included: Technologic, Da Funk, One More Time/Aerodynamic, Rollin' & Scratchin', High Life, and Face to Face.

What I love about Daft Punk (I caught about 25 minutes of their set at 2006 Coachella, standing on the outside of the tent, peering in) is that they really DJ their set well, so all the songs are blended and not just straight from the album. Some songs, like "Around The World", were played pretty much straight forward, but others, like "One More Time", mixed in "Aerodynamic", and they just play with them and tweak them and build them to a fantastic climax.

My friend, Mike, and I were in the middle, maybe 1/4 to 1/3 back from the stage. It was so freakin' HOT! That could be possibly one of the hottest (temperature wise) shows I've ever been to. A couple thousand, rollin' and X-tweakin' kids dancing their asses off. Though the only drug I was on was Ibuprofen, I still had a hell of a time!

Great, great show.

Last edited:
I really need to see Daft Punk....Discovery is just too perfect a dance record, as is much of Homework, Human After All...wait I think that is most of there albums:wink:

FitzChivalry said:
Highlights for me included: Rollin' & Scratchin'

If I saw them live I'd probably explode while dancing to Rollin' & Scratchin'. Oh man, now I need to put that record on. And dance. :drool:

They're playing Montreal in early August and I was considering going, but tix are now gone of course.

Luckily, their label-mates Justice are playing here in October, so I will go to that show instead and rock the fuck out to that French house bitchness, bitches.

Daft Punk has a pretty small catalogue, so when I discovered Justice I was so fucking happy to hear some similar-sounding, floor-pounding hotness.

Last edited:
The Justice album is one of the best of the year...along with Simian Mobile Disco...all great dance.

Re: Re: Daft Punk "Alive" tour. Amazing!

zoetrope said:

If I saw them live I'd probably explode while dancing to Rollin' & Scratchin'. Oh man, now I need to put that record on. And dance. :drool:

I almost did explode! The only thing that would've made it better is if they had played "Phoenix" . . . then I really would have gone ballistic!!!!

Phoenix :drool:

FitzChivalry said:
Highlights for me included: Technologic, Da Funk, One More Time/Aerodynamic, Rollin' & Scratchin', High Life, and Face to Face.

Did they play Digital Love? That's probably my favorite Daft Punk song.

Although... come to think of it, it probably won't work that well in a live setting as it doesn't have that raw thumping bass that songs like Da Funk and One More Time have!

Last edited:
Re: Re: Daft Punk "Alive" tour. Amazing!

Zootlesque said:

Did they play Digital Love? That's probably my favorite Daft Punk song.

Although... come to think of it, it probably won't work that well in a live setting as it doesn't have that raw thumping bass that songs like Da Funk and One More Time have!

:( Sorry, Zoots, no Digital Love. It is a great song, but they really never slowed down that much.

They came out BLAZING and they never looked back. :hyper:

Dusty Bottoms said:
I was gonna sell my friday lollapalooza ticket, but you are making me wanna go see daft punk :hmm:

I would BUY your Friday Lollapalooza ticket and FLY to Chicago just to see Daft Punk again . . .

. . . IF I had the money. :reject:

Go to the show! Don't sell your ticket. Get right up close, in the middle and dance your ass off!!!!!! :yes:

:dance:

Back
Top Bottom