Contacting Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steak

The Fly
I?ve been writing a song recently for Bono and when it?s finished I?d really like him to hear it at some point. If I could get it finished, down and recorded is there any way I could get it to him. What are my options?

Thanks

That sucks. I'll carry on with the song anyway. One day i'll get it to the guys :)

Still if anyone can help me with this....speak up :)

Just find an Irish pub made of solid gold and a really wasted guy outside of it.....that's him.

steak said:
That sucks. I'll carry on with the song anyway. One day i'll get it to the guys :)

Still if anyone can help me with this....speak up :)

As you can imagine, there are thousands of writers like you who want to give Bono something. Not to say that your song isn't good, but since the thought/request isn't novel and because of the volume of fanmail/submissions the band receive, it's pretty near impossible to mail it to an address to which Bono would then receive it.

Your best bet is to do what the others have said - meet them somehow on the road or go to Dublin and hand it to him.

Good luck with your song! :)

I was a member of msn group ZOOPC!.
We had a guy who mailed a demo to U2 via Principle Managment I think.
Anyway he got a reply without any adress, with a cd in it.
He put the CD in the player and played it.
It was his lyrics with another band playing it.
Still to this day I can't surely say that it is/isn't U2 playing.

If you don't beLIEve me make a visit to his site and e-mail him.
http://www.geocities.com/saxkikopi

The song was called "Fear Not (every poet is a thief mix)"
Good luck with the song I'd love to hear it.
Can you post the lyrics?

Last edited:
Hey there, thanks for all the replies, I think I?ll probably try a few different ways, any idea on what that snail mail address for U2 via principal management is, that?s the sort of thing I?m looking for. I?ll also probably see if I can?t give it to him when they play in my city (Melbourne - Aus) late next year, or is it early the year after?pheew seems like such a long time :)

The song and it?s lyrics are obviously still in the early stages, they need a little polishing and it still hasn?t got any chorus lyrics yet but the verse lyrics go something like this:

Drifting words to the ears
Of the ones who cry the tears
You lived with these people
Out of our sight
We?re out of our mind

You took the time to find
A way to make the world seem kind
Never had to fake the desperate call
To rise above the mess
So we don?t fall

Rock and Roll can stop the traffic
But it can be painfully automatic
And the tune can?t provide
A reason for suicide

Is it wrong what you?ve been told
That a song can?t change the world?
But there will be no revolution
Unless we capture that emotion

(c) - Obligatory copyright disclaimer

Hope you guys like it and understand where I?m coming from, got most of my inspiration from reading lots of interviews with the man. :)

Last edited:
The song is just a easy going rock song, with mostly minor chords, it?s a little darker than some of my bands more upbeat stuff, which reflects in the lyrics. I?m getting the rest of my band into it so hopefully it should be one of our regular songs once I get the chorus worked out.

And about that last sentence - Bono once asked Lou Reed if he had any tips for an aspiring lyricist, to which he replied ?Break rhyme every now and again? so I?ve been trying to make some of my lyrics not rhyme one hundred percent although I do like to keep the same kind of sound, just to keep it flowing ya know :)

Plus the whole line is based on something Bono said once about writing lyrics in that if you don?t capture the emotion then your just writing an essay?so that?s where that bit came from.

ElectricalVoice said:
cool ...

But i have no idea. The best i can think of is to try and meet him during the next tour, and try to give it to him personally.

yeah take about 10 copies of it to the next tour and throw them at the stage until he picks one up :)
On a serious note I have no idea sorry:(

I have also seen it written that you may be able to send mail to the band at one of the addresses on their CD covers. You will probably want to send it "registered" so you know if it is received or not. Best of luck to you!!!!

yeah take about 10 copies of it to the next tour and throw them at the stage until he picks one up :)
On a serious note I have no idea sorry:( [/B][/QUOTE]

HAHAHA

That is a good idea. Can you imagine Bono singing and dancing then a jewel case hits him in the head.

"Where the Streets have ....Ah crap, what the ....Oh, Thanks....no name..."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom