Computer OE10, Kate Edgar Information Commons, University of Auckland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah its a very white australian day isnt it. for me its a pretty respectful day although i dont go to the dawn service , i do identify with the day , not having multicultural or religous ties to other days its kinda special. however i am conflicted with the racial overtones that it brings to the climate and again that aspect of choking on our own "mateship" . having current and past family members in the forces is interesting, vs my current perspective as interested in rights for many racial and social groups.
nearly had a fight with my brother on thursday about it .

Yeah, for me it's the one holiday I actually take seriously. The histories and memories evoked by what the day actually commemorates pretty much just reinforce my pacifism, since they are so stunningly illustrative of the futility of war. We fought for eight months in Gallipoli and lost of thousands upon thousands of young Aussies and Kiwis - for what? What an indescribable tragedy.

The way the day is marked, though ... it certainly doesn't touch on those themes, that's for sure. Some of the glorification of combat troubles me. ANZAC Day should repudiate that.

So, two of the three slowest Superthreads have taken place on ANZAC Day (this one and Jamaica Plain), and the third fell over the Christmas-New Year period (Christmas Pie). Damn public holidays!

It's sunny over here in Melbourne, but fucking windy. I've had to prop a couple of doors open, since they kept slamming earlier and I'd rather some fresh air than close the window.

crap ! my tv doesnt show the scores properly in the top corner so i wasnt sure

Ahh, right. 59-49 now, and damn, could these guys possibly kick any more behinds? Matthew Lloyd's inability in front of goal a few minutes ago was kind of funny, really.

How is everyone?

Haha, HOW ABOUT PORT LAST NIGHT. Yeah, it's wet and rainy here, but that's just astonishing! Saints should have won by a lot more.

Not bad, you?

I actually don't know anything about the game; first I heard about it was when Jen posted earlier that St Kilda won. What was the score? I don't want to go to AFL.com.au as I'd rather watch the end of Bombers vs Pies without having the score blown.

oh shit yeah, im sure even my fish tank and shower will be sparkling long before these bastard things are complete. i even opened a book to read ...

i may even get paperwork done , but not these babies !

You know I have essays due when I've cleaned the bathroom, mopped the kitchen floor, baked a few batches of muffins ...

Somehow I've got to consistently write 500 words a day in May. Bet you I'll learn to cook a few new things instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom