College Hoops 2006-2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Go Gators! I'm so excited! It's pretty crazy that they're playing the same school they played for the football championships in December!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i have a feeling that this championship game is gonna be similar to the last florida/ohio state championship game

i hope not, but i won't be suprised if this game is over with 15 minutes left.

billy packar needs to get off oden's nuts... florida pretty much dominates the game... i think the closest ohio state got was 6 in the second half... most of the time the lead's around 10... and all he can talk about his how great it is that oden's played a lot of minutes. shut the fuck up already billy

Wow, even though I forgot to pencil in Florida as my championship pick on yahoo, I still won the Interference pool. A small victory, I know, but I think it's pretty cool.

For what it's worth, my final score prediction on all my brackets, including the ones on ESPN.com, was 82-77. The actual final was 84-75, so I was only 4 points off. :dancing:

inmyplace13 said:
Wow, even though I forgot to pencil in Florida as my championship pick on yahoo, I still won the Interference pool.

Actually OOTS won it (it's not updated yet). But you would've won it if you filled in Fla.

Genious coaching by Donovan. He managed to make Oden work to get his, but really didn't allow anyone else to easily get theres. Oden alone couldn't beat Florida.

Great coaching with the use of his big men. If I'm an NBA team with a late 1st round pick, I wouldn't hesitate to draft that Richards at all.

ntalwar said:

Actually OOTS won it (it's not updated yet). But you would've won it if you filled in Fla.

:mad: Misread that.

A mere technicality then. I still consider myself CHAMPION. :wink:

DAmn, Joakim Noah sounded like a stupid ass in that postgame interview.

Noah would likely have been the #1 overall in the 2006 draft (and then relegated to Michael Olowakandi status thereafter), now he may not even be a lottery pick, could be the 3rd Gator selected if all the prospects enter the draft when Donovan leaves.

U2inUtah said:
DAmn, Joakim Noah sounded like a stupid ass in that postgame interview.

but like Seth Davis said, Noah should be required to give an interview after every final four- it was that good :drool:

Um, but I understand what "doing it big" means. It means studying for that huge final exam together as a team! And that is what college basketball is all about. I just hope they really don't study all day and all night. They will need to get a good night's rest before the big test!

The heat don't need Horford. They already have him. His name is Udonis Haslem.

And finally, Noah will be fine in the NBA. I don't think huge numbers, but hard work and a great teammate.

Got Philk? said:
Um, but I understand what "doing it big" means. It means studying for that huge final exam together as a team! And that is what college basketball is all about. I just hope they really don't study all day and all night. They will need to get a good night's rest before the big test!

The heat don't need Horford. They already have him. His name is Udonis Haslem.

And finally, Noah will be fine in the NBA. I don't think huge numbers, but hard work and a great teammate.

He'd be great with Phoenix if they keep Atlanta's pick.

Corey Brewer is an absolute freak, he reminds me of Trevor Ariza with a consistent jumpshot.

Also, Al Thornton could be really special. I don't know, I just hope he is. After all, he is a Seminole :tomahawk:

Got Philk? said:

not that you're making a big issue out of it, but a lot of people have lately, so i'm just gonna take a stab at the whole "student/athlete" thing...

why did you go to college? i'll answer for you... so that you can get a better job. very few go to actually educate themselves. they go because they're more likely to get a better, higher paying job with a degree or two than they are without.

so i really have no issue with greg oden taking history of rock and roll, as is the big cry from the moral police these days. he's preparing himself for his future employment by being on the basketball court. he's going to be an instant millionaire. the old "he needs something to fall back on" argument doesn't fly in his case. even if he blows out his knee in his first season and can never play again... that money is gauranteed. 3 million per for 4 years. something tells me he could always go back and get his degree with that 12 million dollars, if he so chooses.

no one gives pianists and other classicly trained musicians a hard time for concentrating on their craft rather than taking sociology, but world class athletes get a raw deal.

just my .02

Back
Top Bottom