College Hoops 2006-2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It worked for everyone but you, your comprehension skills might need sharpening.

Again, lets try to keep up to speed here...the Quayle post wasn't a direct refernce to Gtown's bastardized LatinGreek "don't leave your friend's behind" chant, but in direct reference to Utoo's post:
Utoo said:

I love how G'town has a chant in Latin,

That Hoya education isn't working for you, maybe you should have gone to Ohio State, UCLA or Florida.

(Read the post slowly and carefully)

Haha...sorry to have caused so much drama...:shifty:

Yeah, the academics of G'town's basketball team has certainly been questionable at times. I'd say that it's no different than most other schools, though. Most of the guys are Sociology majors because the profs in that department let them slide a bit. My wife was a Sociology major and hated that that happened. However, some of the guys are really great students & bright off the court. Mutumbo was going to go to med school, but John Thompson convinced him that he could help more people back home by playing in the NBA, making millions, and then shunting that money back home----which he has done with the hospital he's built/building.

Ruben Boumtje-Boumtjen (formerly of the Blazers and Cavs..not sure what he's doing now) was pre-med. He was famous on campus for getting straight-As on a bio & math double major, as well as playing ball. Of course, he wasn't an unbelievable player, but still.

Utoo - Between this and MJ with boobs, you're really stirring things up around here! :wink:

Hewson - It's just not funny. Now if Quayle had gone to Gtown, it would have been :lol:

So how 'bout a little wager? If GTOWN wins, you have to take a picture of yourself wearing a Gtown tshirt and if tOSU wins, we wear yours. Game?

ah craptastic... you have to be premium to use the search function! man, i am not reading 25 pages... you're killing me here... just enjoy my surrender... although if GTOWN wins you know i will become insufferable...
i mean even more insufferable than i am now. :mac:

alright, damn you, of course i had to take a look...

page 7 - Headache's boy (Jared Grasso) is assistant coach at Fordham. Fordham played UMass Feb 15 and lost bad (74-59). ergo you're alma mater is UMass! sorry y'all didn't get to the dance this year.

for the record, my alma mater is not Gtown - i'm just rooting for them due to my current proximity. clues to my alma mater can also be found in the thread.

^ :lol: Big spender!

That's okay...there's no money involved in my pool at all. :tsk:

tOSU 67
Gtown 60
good game, too many turnovers by gtown eary... osu looks strong
first time buckeyes have been to the finals since 62

Last edited:
I'm a huge fan of Jeff Green, but I have to say that he blew that game for G'town. You cannot be named the best player in the conference and then have the most turnovers on your team in the Final Four.

The reason for his poor performance---I think he was scared shitless of Oden. Every time he got anywhere near Oden in the paint, that's when he either dropped the ball, missed catching the pass, or threw up a terrible shot. If you watch the play toward the end where he drew the foul on Oden, you'll see that he's fading a foot away from Oden in the air instead of taking straight toward the basket through the foul. He pussied up and threw down a terrible performance.

I guess it's good news for G'town in a way.....ending on such an awful performance could be enough to convince him to stick around for another year (which I think he could benefit from greatly). If he decides to go, I think he just knocked his draft ranking down a good ten places. He choked.

Utoo, you're exactly right. Jeff Green did not do what was needed to win. There was a time when Oden came back in the game and Hibbert was out. Green got the ball, faced up, and didn't even attempt to LOOK like he was going to make a move. He has quickness on him, and he's good enough to create for himself, CHALLENGE THE BIG GUY!

Overall tonight, I think Oden got screwed in the first half with the foul calls, Hibbert a little bit too. And Aflalo for sure.

Now, Everybody is going to look at this game and say Aflalo choked, or was so bad. Ok, I'll give you this. Give Florida's D some credit. However, when you get two calls on you in two minutes, and don't get to play consistently at all, it's hard to get anything going for yourself. He never got in a rhythem until the end there and man he can be good. I feel sort of jipped on these games tonight because of the stars getting called for all the fouls. I think UCLA's coach said it best when he yelled, "LET THEM PLAY!!!"

oden.jpg

I'm not sure he was there before Oden left his feet. It was really close either way.

I really can't see Florida losing on monday, they have so many weapons.

Back
Top Bottom