Cockburn, South Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 30GB iPod.

Why didn't you just put it all on the iPod then? Using the iPod as a flash drive I mean, not putting the songs on there in a playable manner. My iPod is the biggest thing I have that can be used as a flash drive, so that's how I've managed my transfers to new computers in the past.

Why didn't you just put it all on the iPod then? Using the iPod as a flash drive I mean, not putting the songs on there in a playable manner. My iPod is the biggest thing I have that can be used as a flash drive, so that's how I've managed my transfers to new computers in the past.

I didn't know you could do that. I've never been able to transfer files off the iPod, only on.

I didn't know you could do that. I've never been able to transfer files off the iPod, only on.

Plug it in, go to my computer, it'll be you know, the e, f, g, whatever drive, open it up, and you can just create a new folder in there, throw everything in, bring it to the new computer, open it up, and copy everything off of there. Then delete the file.

If the files you want are already on the iPod as music files, can they still be transferred, or do you have to do all that?

If the files you want are already on the iPod as music files, can they still be transferred, or do you have to do all that?

I don't know if iTunes has ever made a way for you to get music files off of the iPod if they're in there in a playable way. I've always used PodUtil to get music off my iPod, but I was told that's not necessary anymore. Let me check.

You can get your music files off of your iPod, but most of them will have weird filenames that don't make any sense, and you'll have to open them to see what they are, and rename them after copying them to the new computer/wherever you're copying them.

To move music that's not already on your iPod, you can go to My Computer when the iPod is plugged in, and open the temporary harddrive for your iPod, then just drag the music in there and use the iPod as a flash drive.

Okay, to access the songs already on your iPod:

Plug in your iPod and go to My Computer. Open the temporary harddrive for your iPod. Look for a folder that says "iPod Control" You may have to have your folder settings set to show hidden files and folder in order for it to show up. Open that folder, then the one called Music. In here are a bunch of folders containing all of your music in no particular order.

there are WAY easier ways than that Chass. Otherwise, yes, you'll have the weird song names.

Podutil is one way, like I said.

The other, is the official Apple way, which I believe is what Peef is now trying.

I looked into those ways, and I think I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing, mostly because I wanted this opportunity to reorganize the way I keep my music anyway, and what I've done so far has worked out.

I looked into those ways, and I think I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing, mostly because I wanted this opportunity to reorganize the way I keep my music anyway, and what I've done so far has worked out.

Good call :lol: don't fix it if ain't broke, and all that jazz.

Hey folks. :wave:

Shit, 41, Liam? Here I am, dying in 29. I was stupid enough to wear black today too. Got halfway to the bus and thought "... woops, shit", and didn't have time to go back to change.

It's a list that's 131 albums long, but specifically:

R.E.M. - Lifes Rich Pageant
Blur - Parklife
Oasis - Definitely Maybe
Oasis - What's the Story (Morning Glory)?

I can help out with Life's Rich Pageant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom