Clit, Romania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother is only in her 30s and has seen U2 live twice (Joshua Tree and Popmart) my dad is several years old and has seem them live three times (Joshua Tree, Popmart and Vertigo tour)

WHAT THE HELL.
How did I get Porcupine Tree out of Popmart?! :huh:

Damn you, Axver!

Yeah that was true; I think the thing is now we have a lot of new members who post when you're not here which keeps the thread almost always active

It's pretty cool to see the thread now seems active 24 hours a day. A couple of core Superthreaders have said to me that they feel a little alienated at the "non-Superthread" time when it's people not even I really know. But I suppose as long as it's still the general Superthread tone of randomness and our sense of humour, it's cool.

WHAT THE HELL.
How did I get Porcupine Tree out of Popmart?! :huh:

Damn you, Axver!

:lol: you're a lost cause now

It's pretty cool to see the thread now seems active 24 hours a day. A couple of core Superthreaders have said to me that they feel a little alienated at the "non-Superthread" time when it's people not even I really know. But I suppose as long as it's still the general Superthread tone of randomness and our sense of humour, it's cool.

Well it was either get new members into the thread or see the thread slowly but surely die. Being elitist about who gets to join in here would be the end of the thread in my opinion

My mother is only in her 30s and has seen U2 live twice (Joshua Tree and Popmart) my dad is several years old and has seem them live three times (Joshua Tree, Popmart and Vertigo tour)

Your father's younger than you? :ohmy:

Both my mother and father saw the Vertigo Tour, Mum in Brisbane and Dad in Auckland. Neither had seen U2 live before, to my knowledge, though I wouldn't be shocked if my U2 obsessive uncle had dragged my father to Lovetown and/or ZooTV.

My mother's so cool, she came to Porcupine Tree with me in Brisbane.

See you, GG2! :wave:

I don't really know any of the people, either. I went and read back the other day and had no idea who any of the people were, or I did and they were just people I've never really talked to.

FFVIII has the best video game soundtrack ever :drool:
I think I might have to agree, there.

She follows me around :sad:
You poor thing. How haven't you managed to make your home at the top of one of the emo mountains? :sad:

Your father's younger than you? :ohmy:

Both my mother and father saw the Vertigo Tour, Mum in Brisbane and Dad in Auckland. Neither had seen U2 live before, to my knowledge, though I wouldn't be shocked if my U2 obsessive uncle had dragged my father to Lovetown and/or ZooTV.

My mother's so cool, she came to Porcupine Tree with me in Brisbane.

I meant older lol

My dad is my cool parent; I've seen U2, Aslan and Bruce Springsteen with him

ZELDA! :drool:
Ocarina of Time. :love:.
I've only played the old school games. Legend of Zelda, Adventures of Link, and Link to the Past :nerd:

My dad was playing the earliest game when I was really little, and I liked watching him play. He would give me the controller and let me pick up the triforce whenever he beat a level :cute: It was cool though, because when I got old enough to play on my own, I knew where all the secrets were :lol:

I don't really know any of the people, either. I went and read back the other day and had no idea who any of the people were, or I did and they were just people I've never really talked to.

I think I might have to agree, there.

You poor thing. How haven't you managed to make your home at the top of one of the emo mountains? :sad:

Well they are the European superthreaders :wink:

Not yet; I'll go there one day though :wink:

I've only played the old school games. Legend of Zelda, Adventures of Link, and Link to the Past :nerd:

My dad was playing the earliest game when I was really little, and I liked watching him play. He would give me the controller and let me pick up the triforce whenever he beat a level :cute: It was cool though, because when I got old enough to play on my own, I knew where all the secrets were :lol:
Aww. :cute:
I've played The first, second, one of the ones on gameboy, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Windwaker and Twilight Princess.

... good god. :huh: I should really quit while I'm ahead.

Well it was either get new members into the thread or see the thread slowly but surely die. Being elitist about who gets to join in here would be the end of the thread in my opinion

Yep. My general philosophy's been that I'm happy to welcome anybody as long as the Superthread stays the Superthread - you know, with all the piss-taking, frank U2 discussion, and complete topical randomness from serious abortion discussion to accusing Liam of sexual acts with potatoes. In the early days, we had a philosophy that the members of the postwhorehouse were either Australian, Kiwi, or cool enough to be honorary Aussies/Kiwis. I figure it's not too much of a problem maintaining that - most of the people who wouldn't fit in wouldn't come here in the first place, and those who've caused trouble have been ousted (e.g. Screwtape).

It's more weird than anything to see screen names on the who's posted list that not even I really know. :laugh:

Well they are the European superthreaders :wink:

And I've always said that we needed a European crowd. :up:

I just wish people like U2Man, zwervers, and yimou were still around ... the European Vertigo setlist parties with them were awesome and they'd totally fit in here.

Yep. My general philosophy's been that I'm happy to welcome anybody as long as the Superthread stays the Superthread - you know, with all the piss-taking, frank U2 discussion, and complete topical randomness from serious abortion discussion to accusing Liam of sexual acts with potatoes. In the early days, we had a philosophy that the members of the postwhorehouse were either Australian, Kiwi, or cool enough to be honorary Aussies/Kiwis. I figure it's not too much of a problem maintaining that - most of the people who wouldn't fit in wouldn't come here in the first place, and those who've caused trouble have been ousted (e.g. Screwtape).

It's more weird than anything to see screen names on the who's posted list that not even I really know. :laugh:

Most people who can't handle the Superthread just stay away :wink:

Oh and if you're ever here while Wayne, Babydoll, and PartyGirlVox are there's a running joke that PGV is the daughter of Wayne and Babydoll; and it's all full of incest jokes and what not. Totally Superthread :wink:

And I've always said that we needed a European crowd. :up:

I just wish people like U2Man, zwervers, and yimou were still around ... the European Vertigo setlist parties with them were awesome and they'd totally fit in here.

What ever happened to them?

Most people who can't handle the Superthread just stay away :wink:

Oh and if you're ever here while Wayne, Babydoll, and PartyGirlVox are there's a running joke that PGV is the daughter of Wayne and Babydoll; and it's all full of incest jokes and what not. Totally Superthread :wink:

:laugh:

I was surprised to see PGV posting, since I thought she was some friend of Screwtape's? He left the Superthread on less than amicable terms.

Chass, look what we've done. :laugh:
imgad

What ever happened to them?

U2Man was banned. Apparently yimou was too, but I don't remember that. zwervers just drifted off the site.

The other person who's drifted off the site who I'd love here is my fellow Kiwi-in-Australia and Crowded House fanatic, timothius. I'll have to dig up his e-mail address and pester him into coming back. He'd be the ideal Superthreader. Until the Superthreads, my fondest Interference memory was the running Wellington vs Auckland "battles" we had during the setlist parties for the third leg of Vertigo. I laughed until I cried and my ribs hurt during those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom