Clit, Romania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A tenth is still going to require over double the threads we have now. I've been fairly pessimistic about the thread's future, but it's nice to see more optimism about it lately.

I think by the end of the year we'll have a better idea of if we can do it

Why have you been pessimistic about it?

Hey, it's not everyone's thing. :up:

I've played them from a young age, so I tend to know way too much about them. :lol:

I just think they're abso-bloody-lutely ridiculous, not to mention mindnumbingly dull. But seriously, imagine if life were like an RPG.

You want toast for breakfast. First, you want to put bread in the toaster. But the bread is in the freezer, which you find locked! You must get the golden key off the local mystic. To get to his house, you need to ride your bicycle. But the front tyre is flat! Where is the bike pump? Upstairs. To get upstairs, you must take the elevator. However, the elevator costs money to use. So you must sell the fancy basket on the front of your bike to a hobo to get enough money to go upstairs. You do so, find the bike pump, and go back downstairs, only to find the hobo has a sword and wants to kill you for no reason in particular! You have your own sword upstairs, but when you try to go back up, you have insufficient funds for another elevator trip. The hobo kills you. You bleed to death as the bread remains firmly locked in the freezer. GAME OVER.

I just think they're abso-bloody-lutely ridiculous, not to mention mindnumbingly dull. But seriously, imagine if life were like an RPG.

You want toast for breakfast. First, you want to put bread in the toaster. But the bread is in the freezer, which you find locked! You must get the golden key off the local mystic. To get to his house, you need to ride your bicycle. But the front tyre is flat! Where is the bike pump? Upstairs. To get upstairs, you must take the elevator. However, the elevator costs money to use. So you must sell the fancy basket on the front of your bike to a hobo to get enough money to go upstairs. You do so, find the bike pump, and go back downstairs, only to find the hobo has a sword and wants to kill you for no reason in particular! You have your own sword upstairs, but when you try to go back up, you have insufficient funds for another elevator trip. The hobo kills you. You bleed to death as the bread remains firmly locked in the freezer. GAME OVER.
:lmao: :lmao:

I think by the end of the year we'll have a better idea of if we can do it

Why have you been pessimistic about it?

For a time there in August, when I was starting every second thread and getting at least 250 posts in every bloody thread, I felt like we'd really hit a rut, like things were slowing down and the absence of some past members was really hurting the thread's future. I was very seriously thinking of giving up on the Superthreads, as I felt my over-posting was all that was keeping the place alive. If I wasn't here, the place went silent.

The last few days have been pretty encouraging though and it seems like the place is recovering from that unfortunate phase.

:lmao:

The Zelda games are (thankfully) a bit more straightforward than that.

My mum's two and half years older than him. :lol:
Mine is nearly four years older than him.

Gonna throw this out, before I depart

I'm Serena's FFVIII Buddy :D

FFVIII :drool:

So you can hunt me down and make me own up Dragon Quest for you? :wink:

No so I could live in your Rihanna-less world :wink:

:lol: I should put up a defence but I can't

Hi everyone :wave:

:wave: hey Wild, how are ya?

For a time there in August, when I was starting every second thread and getting at least 250 posts in every bloody thread, I felt like we'd really hit a rut, like things were slowing down and the absence of some past members was really hurting the thread's future. I was very seriously thinking of giving up on the Superthreads, as I felt my over-posting was all that was keeping the place alive. If I wasn't here, the place went silent.

The last few days have been pretty encouraging though and it seems like the place is recovering from that unfortunate phase.

Yeah that was true; I think the thing is now we have a lot of new members who post when you're not here which keeps the thread almost always active

Let's see ... my mother is eight months older than Bono. My Nan, born in 1940, doesn't mind U2's music either, though she tends to prefer stuff like Dire Straits, Neil Young, and Bob Dylan. My Grandma, born 1933, pretty much finds any music with electric guitars to be too loud.

My mother is only in her 30s and has seen U2 live twice (Joshua Tree and Popmart) my dad is several years old and has seem them live three times (Joshua Tree, Popmart and Vertigo tour)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom