Chicken, Alaska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never heard it used as a term of endearment. :scratch:

Well, things like "you silly chook" tend to be used on people you actually like, in a more endearing way than "you bloody fool".

In New Zealand usage, I would expect 'chook' to more likely refer to chickens. I can't say I encounter that usage as frequently this side of the Tasman. But maybe I'm talking to the wrong people. Young city dwellers and such probably aren't keeping chooks in their backyard.

Ah well, gotta go I guess.. need to change since I'm wearing my comfy baggy tracking pants...

:lol: I don't think that's appropriate.

I am going to insist that everybody turn up to my funeral looking utterly ridiculous. There should be a prize for most ridiculous outfit. I mean, who wants a boring funeral? I don't want people to go through that.

Goodbye to both John and GG2. :wave:

Bonnie, I'm giving Vapour Trail its first spin on my new headphones. :drool:

Well, things like "you silly chook" tend to be used on people you actually like, in a more endearing way than "you bloody fool".

In New Zealand usage, I would expect 'chook' to more likely refer to chickens. I can't say I encounter that usage as frequently this side of the Tasman. But maybe I'm talking to the wrong people. Young city dwellers and such probably aren't keeping chooks in their backyard.

Fair enough... I still mostly hear it used in relation to poultry, not so much as your example above...

Someone near here has chooks, cos I can hear the bloody rooster crowing at random hours. :mad:

Fair enough... I still mostly hear it used in relation to poultry, not so much as your example above...

Someone near here has chooks, cos I can hear the bloody rooster crowing at random hours. :mad:

:lol: My friends in New Zealand kept chooks in their backyard. They were quite adamant on not getting a rooster, since they valued their sleep!

I am going to insist that everybody turn up to my funeral looking utterly ridiculous. There should be a prize for most ridiculous outfit. I mean, who wants a boring funeral? I don't want people to go through that.
I have a feeling that the deceased person's wishes are not the things always uppermost in the minds of family members planning funerals.

I see a Mia.
:hyper:

Goodbye to both John and GG2. :wave:

Bonnie, I'm giving Vapour Trail its first spin on my new headphones. :drool:

I was going to ask you how they were going... well, I take it?

I have a feeling that the deceased person's wishes are not the things always uppermost in the minds of family members planning funerals.

I'll probably plan the fucking thing myself before I cark it and tell them to bloody deal! :lol:

My Nan wants Bat Out Of Hell played at her funeral. That's going to be hilarious.

I was going to ask you how they were going... well, I take it?

Fucking sweeeet. God, I'm having a hard time listening to my iPod now, since obviously when I'm out and about, I'm listening to it with the dodgy iPod earbuds. I'd be so tempted to use this pair if they weren't open headphones.

:lol: My friends in New Zealand kept chooks in their backyard. They were quite adamant on not getting a rooster, since they valued their sleep!

There's a rooster nearby that crows alllllll day from about 3am. Way before the damn sun rises.

... But I sleep through most things, so it bothers me not.
:D

I'll probably plan the fucking thing myself before I cark it and tell them to bloody deal! :lol:
Yeah, but if they decide they want to do something different, you're not really going to be in a position to complain :wink:

My Nan wants Bat Out Of Hell played at her funeral. That's going to be hilarious.
:lmao: Brilliant!

Fucking sweeeet. God, I'm having a hard time listening to my iPod now, since obviously when I'm out and about, I'm listening to it with the dodgy iPod earbuds. I'd be so tempted to use this pair if they weren't open headphones.
Niiiice. :up:

"Open headphones"?

Yeah, but if they decide they want to do something different, you're not really going to be in a position to complain :wink:

Maybe I'll fake my death and see what they do in advance. Then if it's all wrong, I can bitch at them. If it's right, join in on the festivities. They will hopefully be so drunk that they'll forget a funeral ever happened and all will return to normal.

"Open headphones"?

The type that 'leak' sound, i.e. people around you can hear what you're listening to. So you obviously want closed headphones or earbuds in public, to isolate the noise to just yourself, but open headphones provide the best sound quality, so I use them at home.

Maybe I'll fake my death and see what they do in advance. Then if it's all wrong, I can bitch at them. If it's right, join in on the festivities. They will hopefully be so drunk that they'll forget a funeral ever happened and all will return to normal.
:lol:

The type that 'leak' sound, i.e. people around you can hear what you're listening to. So you obviously want closed headphones or earbuds in public, to isolate the noise to just yourself, but open headphones provide the best sound quality, so I use them at home.

Aha. I have no idea if mine leak or not... well, sometimes Rox has said she can hear music when I have them on, but I dunno if that means they're open, or I just have it way too loud...

Aha. I have no idea if mine leak or not... well, sometimes Rox has said she can hear music when I have them on, but I dunno if that means they're open, or I just have it way too loud...

Probably they're open. Closed ones tend to cost more, I believe, and fit more tightly on your ears. But I've never actually worn them to really know.

Haha, Bonnie would especially hate tonight's Spicks & Specks. John Butler is on it!

Probably they're open. Closed ones tend to cost more, I believe, and fit more tightly on your ears. But I've never actually worn them to really know.

Hrm... these have squishy cushion stuff around them, so they kinda enclose my ears completely... who knows. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom