Celebs at Shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn Bonneau

New Yorker
What are chances of seeing some celebs at the May 18th Jersey show sense it's right by NYC and there is only only one NYC show?

SMB

I'm sure you'll see some celebs..Although most will be into the Garden I'm sure..I saw Steve Van Zandt and Lenny Kravitz at the zoo tv tour at yankee stadium.

there will most likely be celebs there, but seeing them is another story...

on the elevation tour, Beastie Boys, Michael Stipe, and Bill and Hillary Clinton were at a Jersey show. Never know.

at NY and Staples, probably San Diego and Pond as well, you'll see a regular who's who of celebrities. There were so many, that the Pond last time the entire front of the parking lot was their limos. Far too many to list, but one of my favorites was watching Spielberg and Kate Capeshaw, Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson, rocking out.

i was reading an interview wit Noel Gallegher and he said he was in the heart during elevation...i presume he didn't have to que outside for 8 hours to get in. So do 'celebs' get instant access cos Noel in a que for 8 hours isn't something i can imagine!

Daveone said:
i was reading an interview wit Noel Gallegher and he said he was in the heart during elevation...i presume he didn't have to que outside for 8 hours to get in. So do 'celebs' get instant access cos Noel in a que for 8 hours isn't something i can imagine!

I can just imagine Bill Clinton with his U2.com presale code trying to get tickets! Not!:wink:

At Staples in the heart Keifer Sutherland ran into me and we stood right next to Cher, and Edge's wife & kids. The Olsen brats - err, twins also had good lowers near the stage (do they count as celebrities? - I wouldn't count them).

Last edited:
Um..faithingrace...

as a former Prez, Bill can just call up CC (if in the unlikely event he doesn't personally call Bono first) and get his tix directly...

May be the only time when I excuse CC putting aside tix for high rollers. That and when Jesse Helms showed up in the skybox at a show in 01. (His first ever rock concert too!)

Now if DUBYA showed up in the skybox at a show...:ohmy:

But there would be a day of topical sunshine in the innermost circle of Dante's hell, melting the frozen mosh pit at Old Scratch's feet, before that would happen....:wink:

I think we could all do some fun speculation as to if Bush would ever want to go, even for political purposes, and if not, would Condi or a chosen offical go, just for the heck of it. Is Condi a fan? Ha ha.

Quick: what would be Rumsfeld's favorite U2 song? Try "Mothers of the Disappeared", you bastard.

Sorry, I had to say it.

Last edited:
i walked right past tom arnold at an elevation show. i think he was going out on the deck to smoke or something. hahaha tom arnold, does he count? i guess just as much as david spade. :shrug:

First Anaheim Show On Elevation:
Robbie Williams, Gwen Stefani, Gavin Rossdale, Salman Rushdie

Thrid Night:
Queen Noor Of Jordan, Anton Corbijn, Tom Arnold, Depeche Mode
Counting Crows, Meg Ryan, Melissa Etheridge, Wim Wenders Dennis Hooper, Cher, Booby Sriver And Neil Diamond

As well as 60 Toshiba Employes, Leaving 100 Tickets for the public GA.

That was in the U2 Book....I dont stalk Celebs :wink:

At Elevation, first leg, Continental Arena, was standing in front of Bruce Springsteen and SNL's Chris Katan, both of whom were the enclosed VIP section in the back of the floor.

We had Randy Newman with Paul McGuinness in the heart in Indianopolis. Where was John Mellencamp? :angry:

I met Eddie Vedder in the Heart in Las Vegas after he was behind the security barrier b/t the Heart and the catwalk. Nice dude...shy. Ali Hewson walked right by me in Vegas as well.

So yes, if you have GA tickets, you will most likely see a celeb right before U2 goes on when the VIP crowd pushes through. In the stands, look around the first level of bleachers and in the skyboxes too.

he might bless us by playing gutar!!!

People magazine called him "The Irish Hendrix"

Celebrities?!? In New Jersey?!?!? Hahahaha.

(I'll be at those shows, but f**k the celebrities... I wanna rock out to U2)

Elvis Costello and the dude who always plays the role as some mentally ill figure in each movie that I see was at the last Elevation show. Dave Grohl was in the heart at MCI Center. Michael Stipe was at Phillips Arena on the 3rd leg. Bill Clinton was at the last show on the first leg at Continental with Joe Perry from Aerosmith since Aerosmith was in town around the time of U2's 4 night stand at 2 venues in New York while Aerosmith had 5 shows in New York around that time as well at Jones Beach and PNC. This time around I see maybe Lars Ulrich from Metallica probably at MSG or Continental show since he just moved to New York. :drool:

Elevation show....outside the hotel - got stepped on by Jude Law and I not so politely gave him a reality check. Then next night I was hugged by Sting.

(and I managed to meet those four irish guys.)

Saw Cameron Crowe and his wife Nancy Wilson (Heart) at one of the Phoenix elevation shows. They were in the VIP section at the back of the floor.

At the 4/20 Elevation show in San Jose I ran into Jeff Ament (bassist for Pearl Jam) at a hotel. He was walking down the hall towards the elevator after the show and I called out to him. He turned around and we talked about how great the show was. He was a huge fan, as he had been to a few other shows as I found out. I should have offered to buy him a drink...maybe next time, eh?:huh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom