Cascade d'Arse, Pyrenees, France

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm pretty nervous this is going to be another We're Here Because We're Here.

I'd say "at least their live setlists still have heaps of their good material", but they haven't come down here yet and don't look like they are about to start. :sigh:

I was just sharing the news I got in an email today. I don't particularly care either way, I just didn't know if you knew.

I honestly keep forgetting there's a new album, that's how much We're Here Because We're Here let me down! :lol:

Well, I'm not one to judge a book by its cover, but that's quite a retarded album title.

So seem many people. I've not watched it myself. But then I'm not up with the play on much telly.

So seem many people. I've not watched it myself. But then I'm not up with the play on much telly.

Oh, I meant with the reading of the series. I should probably call it by its novel name of A Song Of Ice And Fire.

Wait, it's not just a TV show? I've only heard people gibbering about it in the context of the telly.

/out-of-loop

Stigtableflip.gif

(I just needed to post this just because)

Seriously, who the hell is Matt Corby? I've literally only heard of him from one lone play in the Hottest 100 and from his ridiculous ticket sales. Not in any other context. Yet he sold out five shows at the Corner, now he's doing a Forum show, and he sold out some London gigs quicker than even Gotye can!

What the fuck, people.

He was some emo loser on Australian Idol about five years ago, and for some inexplicable reason he's become a JJJ darling over the past year or so. Fuck knows how, he just reappeared.

I don't even. I mean, I know hipsters need their token concession to Idol/top 40/whatever, but this is ridiculous. They're losing their shit for him even more than they ever did for Washington or Boy & Bear, judging by these concert sales.

DON'T EVEN GET ME FUCKING START--.

It all came about from that fucking Brother song. Starts at 1:30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nMkfb5g00A

Now, it's not necessarily a bad song, but it's in the same bracket as all the other indie folksy shit that jjj fuckwits eat up, and now he is hugely popular.

I wouldn't care so much but triple j and their mindless dumbfuck sheep just overhype shit like this. If you listen to them this is the greatest song in the history of mankind, and has the power to stop all the world's poverty. IT'S FUCKING OKAY. LEARN WHAT A GOOD SONG IS YOU FUCKING MORONS.

I don't even. I mean, I know hipsters need their token concession to Idol/top 40/whatever, but this is ridiculous. They're losing their shit for him even more than they ever did for Washington or Boy & Bear, judging by these concert sales.

It's not hipsters, it's just pseudo-bogan dumbasses that listen to JJJ and self-identify as hipsters but no hipster would self-identify as a hipster so they're just douchebags.

It's not hipsters, it's just pseudo-bogan dumbasses that listen to JJJ and self-identify as hipsters but no hipster would self-identify as a hipster so they're just douchebags.

Yeah, the hipsters in this country would never listen to triple j. Well, shit, Ax, you should know. You are one ;)

just wondering why you posted a :bow: smiley to that comment, vlad? the guy was saying Obama is akin to Kony?

I'd think that's the case. Which I find a little on the side of proposterous (and I'm not a one hundo Obama supporter either), but I'm pretty much a neo-con compared to Vlad. ;)

The thing is, we can keep diverting the issue as much as we want, which is exactly would we do whenever any new big social issue fad comes up, and never get anywhere, or we could actually concentrate on Kapturing Kony and see something good actually happen for once because a bunch of people on the internet clicked "share". I mean, sure, there's a big circle jerk hell yeah I'm saving the world :bono: vibe to it, but let's just fucking get over that and not be such tightarses. We have a grand opportunity and it's already being torn to shreds by cynics.

just wondering why you posted a :bow: smiley to that comment, vlad? the guy was saying Obama is akin to Kony?

It was a pretty badass comment, and although I wouldn't put Obama up there with Kony, he is still no good.

Don't say that, it makes me feel lonely over here. :sad:

Haha, no I do largely agree with you that Obama gets wayyyy too much of a free pass from most people, but honestly, that guy comparing him to Kony struck me as a little on the side of attention whoring. Anyway, I hope you don't take my angry post above personally, I'm more just annoyed by a few posts I've seen on FB today from a few friends.

I don't think I read that FB comment clearly enough to deduce that Obama is as bad as Koni. It's just he isn't very good at all.

I think I'll stop before some keyboards or two are smashed.

this makes for some interesting reading (facebook blocked the link!!) - Visible Children - KONY 2012 Criticism

It was a pretty badass comment, and although I wouldn't put Obama up there with Kony, he is still no good.

care to elaborate a bit more?

I don't know anywhere near enough about Obama to comment but I'd feel fairly safe in saying that dude's comments were ridiculous?

IMG_2941.JPG (image)

Well, this bodes well.

If you want to write to your Member of Parliament or your Senator or the President or the Prime Minister, by all means, go ahead. If you want to post about Joseph Kony’s crimes on Facebook, go ahead. But let’s keep it about Joseph Kony, not KONY 2012.

Can we just agree with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom