Caption thread #7: Caption-ating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miringeltje said:

Which one is that?

the one with them in a car... Elevation Era.. Bono with a glass of red *something* in his hand...
Larry calling Paul about Bono having too much red cordial and starting his Extraordinary speech... Edge discussing with himself about jumping out of the window... and the Bonospeech euh.. about the extraordinaryness of socks and other things :wink: :lol:

*edit* ok.. this works better :)
Caption by Meghan
bonoredcordial0cg.jpg

:bono: And did you ever notice how when the curtains are open, you can see outside, but when they're closed, you can't? That's extraordinary! And you know what else is extraordinary? Socks. It doesn't matter whether you put them on the left foot, or the right foot, they still fit! Amazing! :blahblah:

:larry: Paul? Yeah, its Larry. Bono's been into the red cordial again. Hmm, yeah, he's just started his 'extraordinary' speech.

:edge: If I jump out now, I'll probably break an arm, and maybe bruise a rib..... On the other hand, I could listen to Bono for 30 more minutes..... :uhoh:

Last edited:
One question, what is the joke with the beachball, even on the Slane DVD, someone throws up a beachball and Bono says hey Edge look its a beachball and kicks it into the crowd. What gives?:shrug:

JCOSTER said:
One question, what is the joke with the beachball, even on the Slane DVD, someone throws up a beachball and Bono says hey Edge look its a beachball and kicks it into the crowd. What gives?:shrug:

As far as I know, there had been a soccer game on that day.... That's why the fans are singing "oleoleoleole...." and Bono says: There's faith....

The one that got away, part...I've lost count!!

BonoGDay2.jpg

:bono: ...and I only saw the front end of the fish but I could already tell that it was a whopper!:blahblah: :blahblah:
Bille: Oh F**k! Not this one again!?!
Girl: Reeaally?! :hyper:

BonoGDay.jpg

:bono: ...but the darn thing was just soooo big and heavy that it broke me line....:blahblah: :blahblah:
Billie: Someone shot me now, pleeaase!!:crack:
Girl: Wow, get outta here!!!

Re: The one that got away, part...I've lost count!!

hcbiggs2002 said:

BonoGDay.jpg

:bono: ...but the darn thing was just soooo big and heavy that it broke me line....:blahblah: :blahblah:
Billie: Someone shot me now, pleeaase!!:crack:
Girl: Wow, get outta here!!!

:D ^ That made me laugh... Oh, by the way the "girl" is Billie-Joe's wife, Adrienne.

Everlastinglove said:

As far as I know, there had been a soccer game on that day.... That's why the fans are singing "oleoleoleole...." and Bono says: There's faith....

*grmbl*
yes the Europa cup qualifications were that day.. Ireland VS holland... Ireland won because Jason McAteer(what bono says during NYD with the flag around him) scored the only goal in the penalties ... Dutch players SUCK at taking penalties... and we lost our entry because of the Irish.. :madwife:
:wink: Just kiddin, I dont care about soccer much.. but Bono in a nice soccer outfit :drool: Oh la la...

Re: Re: The one that got away, part...I've lost count!!

Total U2 Nut said:

:D ^ That made me laugh... Oh, by the way the "girl" is Billie-Joe's wife, Adrienne.

Beat me to it. Heh heh. How many U2 fans hate Green Day? I'm just curious. Because so many Green Day fans hate U2. I go on this site, www.geekstinkbreath.net, a lot, and I have to defend U2!! Because they're all "Bono is soooo OLD!" etc. (mainly because most of them are teenagers. I am, and I know several others on this site are, but they all think they're different, on this site, but they're just not! They're all the damn same!) But I get them good. MUA! Anyway, amusing, these latest captions have been.

*gasp* Why? I suppose if you don't like the music... I must say, they used to be number 2, after U2, of course, but they're goin' down...

Anywho, I thought of a caption:

u2babybandcrop.jpg

:adam:: What are those?
:edge:: Well, they appear to...
:larry:: ...look suspiciously like...
:bono:: PLEBANS!! RUN!!

Don't they all look so cute?

Img0908.jpg

Hello Miami!!!
Come join us on the beach this morning/afternoon.
We're going for a world record : most beachballs on a beach ever.
Of course, Bono has brought his extensive collection, but please gather and bring as many as you can too!

TBC

Re: Re: Re: The one that got away, part...I've lost count!!

SimplyConfused said:

Beat me to it. Heh heh. How many U2 fans hate Green Day? I'm just curious. Because so many Green Day fans hate U2. I go on this site, www.geekstinkbreath.net, a lot, and I have to defend U2!! Because they're all "Bono is soooo OLD!" etc. (mainly because most of them are teenagers. I am, and I know several others on this site are, but they all think they're different, on this site, but they're just not! They're all the damn same!) But I get them good. MUA! Anyway, amusing, these latest captions have been.

Green Day! Hell yes, they rock. :rockon:

-Nikki

It's not so much Green Day that I hate, its all the people who buy and wear Green Day shirts/jackets/whatevers even though they couldn't name 3 songs by the band. Pisses me off lots and lots.

^^ that conjures up a pretty funny image in my head :lol:

Anyhoo, on with the caption-ating -
shiny.jpg

:bono: Shiiiiny, ooooohh.. aha.. hehe.. huh.. heh..
Other Dude: Hey, quit dangling those keys in front of him! You know he gets distracted easily! :yell:

Galeongirl said:

the one with them in a car... Elevation Era.. Bono with a glass of red *something* in his hand...
Larry calling Paul about Bono having too much red cordial and starting his Extraordinary speech... Edge discussing with himself about jumping out of the window... and the Bonospeech euh.. about the extraordinaryness of socks and other things :wink: :lol:

*edit* ok.. this works better :)
Caption by Meghan
bonoredcordial0cg.jpg

:bono: And did you ever notice how when the curtains are open, you can see outside, but when they're closed, you can't? That's extraordinary! And you know what else is extraordinary? Socks. It doesn't matter whether you put them on the left foot, or the right foot, they still fit! Amazing! :blahblah:

:larry: Paul? Yeah, its Larry. Bono's been into the red cordial again. Hmm, yeah, he's just started his 'extraordinary' speech.

:edge: If I jump out now, I'll probably break an arm, and maybe bruise a rib..... On the other hand, I could listen to Bono for 30 more minutes..... :uhoh:

I now think of this caption every time I put on my socks. :lmao:

kafrun said:
^^ that conjures up a pretty funny image in my head :lol:

Anyhoo, on with the caption-ating -
shiny.jpg

:bono: Shiiiiny, ooooohh.. aha.. hehe.. huh.. heh..
Other Dude: Hey, quit dangling those keys in front of him! You know he gets distracted easily! :yell:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: brilliant! I love Bono shiny captions XD that picture of Blender magazine with the shiny one is pretty funny too XD
lemon Grrrlllll I have the same thing.... I mean... it IS extraordinary Y'know? (now about the red cordial, Bono, want some? I promise I'll listen to your speech! :drool: )
also, did anybody notice the beachball in ZooTv Live from Sydney? in the beginning... XD

LemonGrrrrrl - Great, now I'm going to giggle like a fool every time I put on my socks :tsk:

Annnnd back to the captions.. I have 3 for this next one, stay with me now:

ack.jpg

Tonight on the Discovery Channel: When Bonos Attack :yikes:

OR

:bono: (In hyperactive Australian voice) "Oi! Look what we 'ave 'ere! It's The Edge! You can tell by its trademark beanie and facial 'air markings. What a BEAUTY! What while I sneak up on it as it plays its guitar. Shhhhh.. The Edge has very acute 'earing and could detect my presence with one wrong move. We don't want to upset The Edge.. its known to be capable of great strength and could take me out in nothing flat! Make no mistake, I'm in GREAT danger as I make my approach....... Now...................watch as I pounce on The Edge and wrestle 'im to the ground! YYYYYYYAARRRRRRRGGGHHH!!" *pounce*

OR

:bono: "Edge! But I'm tellin' ya! It was THIS BIG!! Edge? EDGE?! HEY!! This is IMPORTANT!! EDGE!!" :mad:
:edge: *thinking* ignore.. just ignore.. he'll tire himself out eventually..:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom