Caption Thread #5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Meghan said:

Larry: Do'ya reckon these shoe's offset my hair enough? I thought they did when i bought them, but now I'm not so sure.....

Edge: :hmm: I didn't know shoes had to match your hair anyway......

Bono: Duh, Edge! Don't you know anything about fashion? *thinking* Just agree with Larry when it comes to fashion.

Adam: Did you steal my hairstyle Bono?

Bono: :shifty:

:lmao: :up:

Sad_Girl said:

:lol: I actually DID that! :reject: My first concert, I was in GA, outside the ellipse, against the rail,
and I was like 'somethings in the way!' I can't see Adam! :grumpy:
when I realized it was Bono! :ohmy: :lmao: He was standing directly in front of me, less than two feet away and I was leaning, craning my neck to look around him :reject:

NOOOO:shocked: Well when it comes to Adam, even Bono can get in the way:shh:

Hello everyone, I've been reading up on the captions posts, waiting for them to activate my account, I read all of 1,2, and 5, I just don't have the time to read 3, and 4...anyway getting OT, Just wanted to say I absolutely love the caps, you all are so talented.

If you wouldn't mind, can someone explain the superglue thing? I've kind of given up understanding the beach ball thing, but I think it's funnier not completely understanding.

Chickadee made up the superglue thing. It's not (at least I don't think it is) based on any fact. But you never know, maybe Chickadee had a lucky guess, or maybe she's not telling us something.:ohmy: :shifty:

I could explain the beachball thing again if you want, but if you're happy in the dark, then I wouldn't want to spoil that. :wink:

Watch the Slane DVD

My first caption contribution! And I didn't even do it!

You know it's time for you to get your own computer when your sister invades your Adam pics and edits them:
sweety.jpg

i_love_adam said:
My first caption contribution! And I didn't even do it!

You know it's time for you to get your own computer when your sister invades your Adam pics and edits them:
sweety.jpg

Adam can take advantage of me any time he likes :drool:

well. I followed all the directions on how to upload my pics to the internet but I guess I just can't win. Oh well. My pictures from the concert are real blurry anyway. Well, it wouldn't have been funny either ;).

After having laugh so much for all this -- I must have a try

3453369523232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E234%3C%3D9%3A%3B%3D398%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B87%3C23288ot1lsi

Baby Jordan: oh! Can you believe my dad has such long hair?

kellyahern said:
5e7cbab3.jpg

"On no! The Edge is attacking us with his lazer eyes! Run for your lives!"

Photo by Xun on flickr

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I almost died... That was too funny....

Bravo. I love the captions... Favorite threads. y'all are genius!

And now, presenting your very own life size Posable Bono Doll! You can take him with you to important events!

He's super bendable so you can pose him in all sorts of modes.

There's 'statesman/gentleman' mode...
3453664723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3234%3E3%3B2%3E536%3EWSNRCG%3D3232%3C87289444nu0mrj

There's 'arm candy' mode...
3453664723232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B9637%3A%3A44ot1lsi

There's the ever popular 'playful screaming' mode...
3453664723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3234%3E3%3B2%3E536%3EWSNRCG%3D3232%3C87282%3C%3A7nu0mrj

And there's the new and improved 'huggy' mode...
3453664723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3234%3E3%3B2%3E536%3EWSNRCG%3D3232%3C87287%3C63nu0mrj

Quantities are limited, ladies, so be sure to call now! Operators are standing by. Check or credit card orders only; sorry, no C.O.D.'s.

Plus, if you act now you'll receive the free posable hand...including Bono's trademark 'peace' salute...
3453664723232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B96376894ot1lsi

...and the brand spanking new 'thumbs up'!
3453664723232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B9637%3A954ot1lsi

All this can be yours if you act now.

Comes with all you see here. Optional leather jacket, shoe lifts, boxing gloves, voice track (talks nonstop about Africa), earrings, microphone, facial hair, Mazerati, and alternate shades sold separately. Shades sold in packs of 50 only.

Don't delay - call today!

Your Posable Bono Doll should not be exposed directly to flame or sunlight. For best results, constant praising of your Posable Bono Doll is advised. Use of optional voice track may cause drowsiness, headache, boredom, or a combination of all three. Your Posable Bono Doll should wear a seat belt when traveling in a moving vehicle. Not for use in microwave. Cruelty free. Keep away from guitars. The Posable Bono Doll Company and its subsidiaries are not responsible for anything that happens when The Posable Bono Doll touches a beach ball of any kind, including (but not limited to) soccer balls that happen to be at a beach. Do not shine laser beams directly at your Posable Bono Doll. Store Posable Bono Doll in a warm, dry place and keep him safe and comfortable. Enjoy your Posable Bono Doll responsibly. Posable Bono Doll cannot drive. He can't dance, either, but you're welcome to try to get him to. But please don't let him drive. Seriously.

Call today and say, "I WANT MY PBD!"

Last edited:
zooperson said:
ee1b1bb6.jpg

:bono: thanks, again, for the advice Jesus
:edge: we're still doing lunch later, right? ok, cool.
:eyebrow: (guy in the background) who are they talking to?

:lmao:

bono neck...:drool:

i :heart: caption threads!! never ceases to make me laugh :)

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
Your Posable Bono Doll should not be exposed directly to flame or sunlight. For best results, constant praising of your Posable Bono Doll is advised. Use of optional voice track may cause drowsiness, headache, boredom, or a combination of all three. Your Posable Bono Doll should wear a seat belt when traveling in a moving vehicle. Not for use in microwave. Cruelty free. Keep away from guitars. The Posable Bono Doll Company and its subsidiaries are not responsible for anything that happens when The Posable Bono Doll touches a beach ball of any kind, including (but not limited to) soccer balls that happen to be at a beach. Do not shine laser beams directly at your Posable Bono Doll. Store Posable Bono Doll in a warm, dry place and keep him safe and comfortable. Enjoy your Posable Bono Doll responsibly. Posable Bono Doll cannot drive. He can't dance, either, but you're welcome to try to get him to. But please don't let him drive. Seriously.

:lmao::lmao: Just priceless ... thank you!! Best darn laugh I've had all day.

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
And now, presenting your very own life size Posable Bono Doll! You can take him with you to important events!

That's just brilliant, LG!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
Call today

Too bad they forgot to add their phone number though.

:wink:

Crying with laughter here, LG!

:laugh: :lmao:

This one sure is a classic!!

Totally digging the sig, by the way.

:heart: it!

Last edited:

LG!!! :hug: Seriously - the best caption of the year!!! :yes:

Lemon Grrrrrl said:

Don't delay - call today!

:lmao:

Not for use in microwave??? WTF??!

Like he needs to be any *hotter*??

Seriously - CLASSIC. Pity this was written *after* the Caption Book...

Back
Top Bottom