Bruxelles - part quatre

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got another question for those of you at last night's show. How were the fans around you? A pleasure or a pain? It seems that some fans who saw 1st leg shows had their experience ruined by obnoxious and/or bored people around them. I guess all concerts are affected by things like that, just wondering what it was like for you guys last night.

best response definetly vertigo (both times) and LPOE. I liked COBL as well since that one really made the screen work .The Thirts i didnt like very much and were kind of expensive (at least 30 euros.) So i bought one outside the arena which was cooler and were going for prices around 10-15 euros

2Hearts said:
I've got another question for those of you at last night's show. How were the fans around you? A pleasure or a pain? It seems that some fans who saw 1st leg shows had their experience ruined by obnoxious and/or bored people around them. I guess all concerts are affected by things like that, just wondering what it was like for you guys last night.

I was surrounded by very cool (most french languaged) people, Some irish girls that were totally into the openers aswell. There was one irritating (almost agressive) shouting guy but he went along after 3 songs so didnt ruin my experience at all. I also was lucky no really large people in front of me (im not that small myself :wink: so sorry people behind me..:reject: )

I was standing blue zone, near edges b-stage and was surrounded by cool people, lol because my brother was there with me as well as Greety (who I met on here! :) ) and her husband.
Otherwise, cool people, no drunks, we jumped and danced and plenty of space to move :)

o btw Tshirts were probabaly not exactly the same since the european one have the european dates on the back I reckon the US havent :wink:

the soul waits said:
I was standing blue zone, near edges b-stage and was surrounded by cool people, lol because my brother was there with me as well as Greety (who I met on here! :) ) and her husband.
Otherwise, cool people, no drunks, we jumped and danced and plenty of space to move :)

Sounds awesome. I worry about the 'plenty of space to move' part when I go to the 2nd Atlanta show in November. Of course, I would need that space more if we get something like Discotheque or Lemon. :yes:

I was unfortunate to be in the front GA at the side where the exit to the beer stalls was located...had all sorts of coming and going throughout the show and one person passed out behind and had to be stretchered out.

Why would someone go for a beer during Streets??

:drool: :drool: :drool: zoo station :drool: :drool: :drool:

possibly one of the coolest things i have EVER seen, very ZooTv, but in a very modern way:drool:

kellyahern said:

I'd be interested in seeing what your boyfriend thought of the setlist, being that he actually went and all :wink:
:lol: I was to busy sending pics and e-mails by phone :wink:

I thought it was a great show and the setlist was okay,..enough songs for old U2 farts like me to damage my voice with and enough songs for the generation of people who could have been my kids. Zooropa was great :up:

I would like to hear some of POP ( Please :drool: ) though.

It was a big party with some serious stuff in between,...and that is what i want. ( having a good spot, 12 feet front and 3 feet from a cathwalk helps ofcourse )

Last edited:
2Hearts said:

The most annoying thing was people coming in and out with cups of beer and dropping them on me. :mad: I didn't see anyone bored, the place was jumping!! :drool:

It's depressing: a lot of people are complaining of the show on Belgian sites. Some of them didn't like the location of their seats, others complained about the sound, about the setlist, about the price of the tickets, about the car parks etc.

I am very ashamed for my fellow countrymen who react in that way. They are totally wrong. The show was unbelievable. They must be proud to have attended such a marvellous concert.

Peter said:
It's depressing: a lot of people are complaining of the show on Belgian sites. Some of them didn't like the location of their seats, others complained about the sound, about the setlist, about the price of the tickets, about the car parks etc.

I am very ashamed for my fellow countrymen who react in that way. They are totally wrong. The show was unbelievable. They must be proud to have attended such a marvellous concert.

:up:

Appearantly, whining is a universal thing :(

Rono said:
:lol: I was to busy sending pics and e-mails by phone :wink:

I thought it was a great show and the setlist was okay,..enough songs for old U2 farts like me to damage my voice with and enough songs for the generation of people who could have been my kids. Zooropa was great :up:

I would like to hear some of POP ( Please :drool: ) though.

It was a big party with some serious stuff in between,...and that is what i want. ( having a good spot, 12 feet front and 3 feet from a cathwalk helps ofcourse )

:lol: :up:

Thank you again for the picture :bow:

Peter said:

It was a marvellous concert. But the sound was horrible in some parts of the stadium. You hear people complaining about the sound at every concert. But this time the whole sound system in the back just didn't work. That really kills your enthousiasm.

But the concert was awesome. Complaining about the regular setlist is pointless. I can't see why you would replace any song in the main setlist. I do have to say the encore kind of kills the momentum. Zoo Station and The Fly sounded awesome, but it left the crowd a bit cold. And I thought All Because Of You and Yahweh lack something live. Also, Vertigo may sound cool, but the set could've used another song like Bad or With or Without You before that.

But those are minor gripes at the band. The main set was flawless and seemed to flow really well. And whoever says Bono is preaching too much obviously has no idea what songs like Pride or Streets are about.

The screens looked awesome but they didn't use them until COBL. Maybe because of the daylight. Some of the visuals they were testing on Sunday weren't used yesterdag, so maybe they'll use those later on in the tour.

Brussells news, Vertigo video clips here...

appolagies if this has been posted already

mms://wm.streampower.be/vtm/hetnieuws/hetnieuws_laat_6.wmv

From what I watched in the videos that are posted here the sound wasn't good at all..
But I think the audience was good..Watch Vertigo II f.e....
IMO when some 60.000 people attend a concert it's obvious that not everyone will know songs like Electric Co. or Zoo Station...
In the US were the attendance is smaller and the fans that get to the concerts are more fanatics, this is not so obvious...

I was at the front and it was amazing (Obvously) Can't comment about the back. I do know that they had extra speakers at the sides and more in the middle of the pitch pointing to the back.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Wow, that looks amazing. :drool:

Yeah, it really is, you won't be disappointed. Perhaps there's no real 'concept' like the previous tours, but the show is definitely much better than Elevation. In every aspect: setlist, graphics, Bono's voice etc.

I hope we get a DVD from the European leg.

Did they show graphics on the screens during Zoo Station in the States? It was mindblowing in Brussels.

Back
Top Bottom