Brown Willy, Cornwall Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watch them get back on schedule with an American arena tour beginning in late March, European stadiums in summer, then American arenas again.

I've never understood why ATYCLB/Elevation and HTDAAB/Vertigo were so far apart. ATYCLB came out almost five months before its tour began, and Vertigo almost exactly four months! Most bands tour right on the release date.

Shit, I need to move my arse on the UK thing. :uhoh:

Really? I would have thought it would be more sensible to at least let people hear the album and decide they want to see them live... but then, U2 could pack out stadiums without any recent releases. So yeah, why wait?

Cos I'm not over there yet, that's why!!

:lol:

Just watch them get back on schedule with an American arena tour beginning in late March, European stadiums in summer, then American arenas again.

I've never understood why ATYCLB/Elevation and HTDAAB/Vertigo were so far apart. ATYCLB came out almost five months before its tour began, and Vertigo almost exactly four months! Most bands tour right on the release date.

I certainly wouldn't mind that. Summer I have holidays so time to go to London and Dublin!

Hm the tour and album might be so far apart cause of the ticket sales. They're usually far in advance of the gigs.

Shit, I need to move my arse on the UK thing. :uhoh:

Really? I would have thought it would be more sensible to at least let people hear the album and decide they want to see them live... but then, U2 could pack out stadiums without any recent releases. So yeah, why wait?

Cos I'm not over there yet, that's why!!

Well, the point of a tour is to promote the album, so by touring, you're increasing your public profile and the exposure of your new album's songs. Hence your average band tours right from when the album drops, and it's what U2 did right up until JT. You don't bloody sit around waiting four months for the album to drop off the charts and people to forget about you before you get on the road!

I'm going to wait and see what the setlists are before I decide what I want to do with regards to seeing the band.

...?

Not sure I want to know.

Hi Bonnie! :hug:

Hi Ali! Thanks for answering my stuff about Ball's Pyramid. :hug:

Barenjager is a honey flavoured liquor, and when I had it in my suitcase on the way home in the bus, I don't think the lid was on tight enough. It tastes harder than it did before. Expect a little Saddrunkprechristmasposting.

Ah, the usual suspects... although Cin's not usually that bad. ;)

Unless Jen's around trying to get cin to take off her shirt.

Also, when Jen meets Mr Cin, her first words are going to be "So. I hear you have a big dick?"

Well, the point of a tour is to promote the album, so by touring, you're increasing your public profile and the exposure of your new album's songs. Hence your average band tours right from when the album drops, and it's what U2 did right up until JT. You don't bloody sit around waiting four months for the album to drop off the charts and people to forget about you before you get on the road!

At which point you tour, raise awareness again, and the album goes back up the charts... in theory. I guess it depends whether you look at the album or the tour as the primary thing... and with everyone downloading stuff these days, I wouldn't blame big artists who are guaranteed a certain level of sales for looking at things the other way around.

Barenjager is a honey flavoured liquor, and when I had it in my suitcase on the way home in the bus, I don't think the lid was on tight enough. It tastes harder than it did before. Expect a little Saddrunkprechristmasposting.

:yuck: Eww honey flavour! That sounds gross!

Yay for drunkposting tho! :up:

Unless Jen's around trying to get cin to take off her shirt.

Also, when Jen meets Mr Cin, her first words are going to be "So. I hear you have a big dick?"

:lmao: !!!

Someone needs to videotape that.

Always happy to oblige for geology nerdism :D

Hrm. Is that a play on your username or is something up? :hug:

Always happy to oblige for geology nerdism :D

Hrm. Is that a play on your username or is something up? :hug:

It's good to have a geology nerd around. :D Even I've got a bit interested in some of that stuff since posting with you. Just casual, though.

Since I usually forget what my lame username is, it's "something up". Just get kind of stressed at the end of the year, among other things. Plus the fact that I'm just on my own. I don't plan on getting drunk, though. I just want to see what I can do with this stuff, I only bought the bottle last weekend.

:yuck: Eww honey flavour! That sounds gross!

Yay for drunkposting tho! :up:

... it's actually pretty nice. Kind of syrupy, too.

img47df429f035e0.jpg

More or less what my bottle looks like. Of course, I was attracted by the presentation and then thought "ooh, honey liqueur, that sounds tasty".

... it's actually pretty nice. Kind of syrupy, too.

img47df429f035e0.jpg

More or less what my bottle looks like. Of course, I was attracted by the presentation and then thought "ooh, honey liqueur, that sounds tasty".

It's german, that says enough for me. :wink: Not a fan.

Hm, I imagine if you like honey it'd be nice.

At which point you tour, raise awareness again, and the album goes back up the charts... in theory. I guess it depends whether you look at the album or the tour as the primary thing... and with everyone downloading stuff these days, I wouldn't blame big artists who are guaranteed a certain level of sales for looking at things the other way around.

Oh yeah, the real money's in touring now if you're a sufficiently famous band (though as Andrew's said before, if you aren't a famous band, touring can often be prohibitively costly, hence I'm unlikely to ever see a lot of bands I like visit Australia, as they can barely afford short tours in their local area). Touring will likely push U2's album sales back up right across Europe and down here as well, but it won't have as much of an impact in America. It'll just help keep the album floating around in the lower regions of the charts, while when U2 hit countries like the Netherlands or Australia, you can expect the album to come back into the top twenty at the very least.

It's good to have a geology nerd around. :D Even I've got a bit interested in some of that stuff since posting with you. Just casual, though.
Nothing wrong with casual... I'm not exactly hard-core, I never got into reading journal articles or anything.

Since I usually forget what my lame username is, it's "something up". Just get kind of stressed at the end of the year, among other things. Plus the fact that I'm just on my own. I don't plan on getting drunk, though. I just want to see what I can do with this stuff, I only bought the bottle last weekend.

Have another :hug: ...
I've been hating Xmas more every year. I'm not a Christian, I don't see why I should be forced into spending and bloody decorating in a mad rush at this particular time of year. Sure, I like giving presents to people I like, but in my own time, dammit.

You're among friends here. :up:

It's german, that says enough for me. :wink: Not a fan.

Hm, I imagine if you like honey it'd be nice.

:lol: Some rivalry I don't know enough about, I guess?

The first few tastes didn't feel like honey. Let it stay in your mouth for a while and the flavour explodes. It's worth a shot if you're mildly interested.

If you have Inthistowntastic as your user title for long enough, I wonder if you'd be allowed to change to that? I mean, I know people are normally only allowed to change to something that's recognisably connected to their old name, but if you kept the whole inthistowntastic theme, it'd still be quite obviously you.

And :hug:

Nothing wrong with casual... I'm not exactly hard-core, I never got into reading journal articles or anything.

Have another :hug: ...
I've been hating Xmas more every year. I'm not a Christian, I don't see why I should be forced into spending and bloody decorating in a mad rush at this particular time of year. Sure, I like giving presents to people I like, but in my own time, dammit.

You're among friends here. :up:

... oh, that officially makes me more of a hardcore ancient history buff than you a geology buff. :uhoh:

Thanks. :hug:

Yeah, it's not so much that, I like the celebrations, even though I'm an atheist. It's more to do with the passing of another year.

If you have Inthistowntastic as your user title for long enough, I wonder if you'd be allowed to change to that? I mean, I know people are normally only allowed to change to something that's recognisably connected to their old name, but if you kept the whole inthistowntastic theme, it'd still be quite obviously you.

And :hug:

That would be good, I could actually change my usertitle more frequently, then. I might get around to asking one of the admins. Sicy, or thingo.

Thanks, bro. :hug:

Cin says that Mr Cin is really shy and will have no idea how to respond. It'll be awesome!

I want to be there for the lulz!

Be there and film it for the rest of us! :lol:

:lol: Some rivalry I don't know enough about, I guess?

The first few tastes didn't feel like honey. Let it stay in your mouth for a while and the flavour explodes. It's worth a shot if you're mildly interested.

Well, the Dutch hate the Germans.. not as much because of the war, more because they owned us at the soccer finals of... :scratch: '74 I think it was..

Mm, sounds a bit sweet. I'm not really fond of honey itself, but I'll ask my dad if he knows it. Since he owns a liquor store, that chance is quite big.

Later, GG2! :wave:

I just sent this to Andy:

"Just wondering if a username change was possible. I've seen it only be accepted if the name change still makes the person recognisable. I've had "Inthistowntastic" as my user title since I got premium, and the term is somewhat affiliated with me. The username I have currently is a Pixies song, although I don't listen to the Pixies anymore, and a bunch of people see it as being literal, which ain't true.

So, if it's possible, could my username be changed to Inthistowntastic? Many chapels will be built in your honour if so!"

My head is slowing down, but it makes sense right now

... oh, that officially makes me more of a hardcore ancient history buff than you a geology buff. :uhoh:

Thanks. :hug:

Yeah, it's not so much that, I like the celebrations, even though I'm an atheist. It's more to do with the passing of another year.

And me a more hardcore history nerd. I mean, the Victorian Historical Journal and a couple of History Honours theses are sitting on my coffee table right now! I'm seriously considering subscribing to the New Zealand Journal of History - it's not available free on any database, and the university only holds it on microfiche.

I don't like Christmas because it now just feels so contrived and forced and bothersome. And I know how you feel about another year passing. I do NOT want it to be 2009, because that means next year will be 2010. 2010 is meant to be A Long Way Away. It's when I will be Old.

Later, GG2! :wave:

I just sent this to Andy:

"Just wondering if a username change was possible. I've seen it only be accepted if the name change still makes the person recognisable. I've had "Inthistowntastic" as my user title since I got premium, and the term is somewhat affiliated with me. The username I have currently is a Pixies song, although I don't listen to the Pixies anymore, and a bunch of people see it as being literal, which ain't true.

So, if it's possible, could my username be changed to Inthistowntastic? Many chapels will be built in your honour if so!"

My head is slowing down, but it makes sense right now

Sounds nice :up: I think they'll be able to do that.

Oh, add a ps: Please change Axver's name into Assver, it suits him more and would get the angry newbies off his back for being an ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom