Brown Willy, Cornwall Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gonna be a disaster first when Mugabe dies. Anarchy all the way. But I think it will be better in the end. I mean, it can't get much worse than rock bottom right? And the current situation is damn near close to that!

Maybe I should hang my clothes outside more... sunlight kills germs too, apparently.

My mother reckons I should hang my clothes outside for that very reason. I refuse, since it's a communal washing line shared between eight units. I'll use my clothes horse, thanks.

Khanda! :love:

You missed a whole thread. :(

I know I can't say this if I'm not living there, but I might be tempted to take the risk.

Today, I'd suggest the risk would be worth it. Two or three years ago, before international support was solidly behind Tsvangirai? Hell no.

It's gonna be a disaster first when Mugabe dies. Anarchy all the way. But I think it will be better in the end. I mean, it can't get much worse than rock bottom right? And the current situation is damn near close to that!

If one of the generals loyal to/propping up Mugabe were to seize power, business as usual would continue, or perhaps be worse.

I just can't believe this is the same country as Southern Rhodesia, one of the most promising countries in southern Africa.

i noticed! :yikes: did you guys aim for finishing it asap or was it just a fluke? i don't even know if i'm going to bother reading it!

Mostly a fluke. We charged to around 700, and since it looked like breaking the record, I brought the topic up so that we didn't fail to miss it. Much like what happened in previous record threads. You know, the whole "woah we're three quarters done and if we keep going at this pace, we'll set a new record" deal.

If one of the generals loyal to/propping up Mugabe were to seize power, business as usual would continue, or perhaps be worse.

I just can't believe this is the same country as Southern Rhodesia, one of the most promising countries in southern Africa.

True, imo Mugabe would be better off dead, and his generals need to be punished for genocide.

It's really bad that I'm saying this, but the country was really better off when it was still British. The whole downward spiral started when the white farmers lost their land.

Damn Ax, Khan just owned you.

You mean the part where WTAHAN can't take a joke I recycled from other EYKIW posters?

I forgot I'm meant to leave my sense of humour at the door whenever I leave the Superthread.

I know we're taking a break from the usual U2-bashing for some light relief Mugabe-bashing, but...

I hate that it's all so predictable. Beach clips leak, people assign names to them, then extrapolate to album titles... did U2 just read the message boards and go "Hey, now we don't have to think of a longwinded bullshit album title, they already have one!"?
What's the bet that the lead single and the tour will follow the exact same schedules as the last couple?

It's like they're going through the motions. :sigh:

so why isn't this thread moving a lightning pace like the last one hmm? :waiting:

Because Jen, cin, Andrew, and Lame Bean are gone, and Ali, GG2, and you aren't doing a good job replicating their frantic posting?

I'm reading a magazine. And thinking of what I would like for dinner tonight.

Also, U2 gives me a headache. So many annoying new idiots on this forum. :crack:

I know we're taking a break from the usual U2-bashing for some light relief Mugabe-bashing, but...

I hate that it's all so predictable. Beach clips leak, people assign names to them, then extrapolate to album titles... did U2 just read the message boards and go "Hey, now we don't have to think of a longwinded bullshit album title, they already have one!"?
What's the bet that the lead single and the tour will follow the exact same schedules as the last couple?

It's like they're going through the motions. :sigh:

:laugh: I'm hoping the fact that they aren't doing a fourth quarter release means some of the past patterns have been broken. Hoping. But not optimistic.

:laugh: I'm hoping the fact that they aren't doing a fourth quarter release means some of the past patterns have been broken. Hoping. But not optimistic.

I think that's as much as they'll be shaking it up. McGuinne$$'s head will be spinning for the next year. They've probably all got vertigo for real...

:bono: "Album's out in two and a half months... that means it's August now... lots of time for Xmas shopping yet!"
:edge: *points at calendar*
:bono: :confused: ... :yikes:

I think that's as much as they'll be shaking it up. McGuinne$$'s head will be spinning for the next year. They've probably all got vertigo for real...

:bono: "Album's out in two and a half months... that means it's August now... lots of time for Xmas shopping yet!"

:lol: I can so see that happen.

:lol:

Just watch them get back on schedule with an American arena tour beginning in late March, European stadiums in summer, then American arenas again.

I've never understood why ATYCLB/Elevation and HTDAAB/Vertigo were so far apart. ATYCLB came out almost five months before its tour began, and Vertigo almost exactly four months! Most bands tour right on the release date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom